Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: FB Season Ticket Sales?

Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

Fan Day usually posted months ahead of time with the football schedule on ragincajuns.com I don’t have Twitter and haven’t heard anything about it. Did they advertise elsewhere before yesterday?

There are many good suggestions here on how to better our situation. And honestly I don't know which ones will be best suited for us as a program. But whatever the solutions are, I just wanna see this administration doing SOMETHING! Can we at least see them TRYING to do something? TRYING! Can they at least TRY doing something? It's the total apathyand lack of action that is so baffling, and quite honestly, infuriating! Is the possibility of us, as a group, getting together to try and initiate some things on our own? I'd be willing to try, and I assume many of you would too. I don't know, maybe I'm being naive in thinking so.

3. Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I forget the game, but the first time I met Boomer he was roasting a pig at Cajun Basin.
    ….Fun times my friend….don’t think they allow it anymore so we just do pork steaks!……you are always welcome at the PBA TENT !

Tickets sales where not talked about on the radio they must be terrible

They're SLI' ing this thing up...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    They're SLI' ing this thing up...
    Troy just broke the 10k mark

If McNaspy Stadium was standing, we'd have a season ticket sell out at 5k.

I believe App has sold out its game against Citadel. Let that sink in....

As App State fans continue to purchase tickets and support their football program at a record pace, the Mountaineers' Oct. 1 home game against The Citadel is officially sold out of reserved seats.

To allow families of App State students the best opportunity to attend the Family Weekend game, the only tickets available will be student guest tickets at $30 each, while supplies last. App State students will receive information via email today about how to reserve their tickets and purchase student guest tickets. (NOTE: Student guest tickets are not available for the Sept. 3 North Carolina game, but will be available for all other home games at the beginning of each game week following the same protocols as last year.)

This is the latest in a trend of Kidd Brewer Stadium sellouts. App State announced July 19 that football season tickets are sold out for the first time in school history after approximately 11,000 had been sold. The next day, the Sept. 3 season opener against North Carolina officially became a sellout.

Single-game tickets are on sale to the general public for other home games. Families, friends and alumni are encouraged to consider tickets for remaining home games such as Homecoming (Oct. 29) to visit campus this fall.

I believe App has sold out its game against Citadel. Let that sink in....

As App State fans continue to purchase tickets and support their football program at a record pace, the Mountaineers' Oct. 1 home game against The Citadel is officially sold out of reserved seats.

To allow families of App State students the best opportunity to attend the Family Weekend game, the only tickets available will be student guest tickets at $30 each, while supplies last. App State students will receive information via email today about how to reserve their tickets and purchase student guest tickets. (NOTE: Student guest tickets are not available for the Sept. 3 North Carolina game, but will be available for all other home games at the beginning of each game week following the same protocols as last year.)

This is the latest in a trend of Kidd Brewer Stadium sellouts. App State announced July 19 that football season tickets are sold out for the first time in school history after approximately 11,000 had been sold. The next day, the Sept. 3 season opener against North Carolina officially became a sellout.

Single-game tickets are on sale to the general public for other home games. Families, friends and alumni are encouraged to consider tickets for remaining home games such as Homecoming (Oct. 29) to visit campus this fall.
    Does app fans have to bend over backwards to give money. That's the mindset here. Literally had to call 5 times to find out where to send my parking form into. After that make a special trip to Lafayette to drop it off or have to buy stamps from the post office. It's 2022 I can order a car off my phone but not a UL football parking pass.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Does app fans have to bend over backwards to give money. That's the mindset here. Literally had to call 5 times to find out where to send my parking form into. After that make a special trip to Lafayette to drop it off or have to buy stamps from the post office. It's 2022 I can order a car off my phone but not a UL football parking pass.
    Probably not....like I've said, we could learn a whole bunch from our hillbilly brethren on how to do this scheduling, season ticket, etc stuff...

Probably not....like I've said, we could learn a whole bunch from our hillbilly brethren on how to do this scheduling, season ticket, etc stuff...
    Maybe coach O gave Des some pointers?

Quote Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
    They built their fan base and tradition during a time when football was fun. Before the apathy and cynicism of sports caused by the infiltration of anti-America woke politicization of all sports and especially NFL, but trickling down to college (remember HUD era locker room incident…F…Trump) and finally NIL. That and the stupid schedules for the past few years. I think a a lot of people have lost interest in sports and found other interests and that is why Cajuns are struggling to get people fired up and in the seats. The wood has been doused with water.
    Bottom line we will struggle to get the excitement up until we are playing for something. College football cannot have a situation where only 30 teams are competing for a championship.

A 12 or 16 team playoff would bring back the passion and excitement to the college game. Every 120+ Div 1 schools would matter. No matter how small a chance the Mac Champion would have they would be playing for a CHANCE and that's all most fans want. All league champions make the playoffs and then you have the at large schools which would primarily come from the big conferences. Otherwise may as well just have a separate division for the SEC etc...Right now only a handful of schools have a chance and it is killing the game and creating fan apathy across the board.

That's the solution, but no one wants give anything up. In the meantime let's create the biggest party possible at Cajun Field because we have already proven that winning the SBC won't get Lafayette on board like we want so may as well make it a big party!

TV/Streaming is killing attendance, that’s a fact. Even at the high school level. I streamed my local schools football games during Covid & attendance dropped. The next year people only asked about streaming so I cut them off so they would actually attend the games.

The University has done things to help make gameday an “Event” but it didn’t help attendance. The team has won & is ranked but that didn’t work either.

Next thing to try is rent tailgating spots in TG3 weekly. There’s only a few of us left in TG3 so move us to TG2. They can really do that for the whole tailgate area with open spots. That’s actually how Southeastern does it. They have an area of the website where you can reserve open spots each week.

Now the RV area, are those spots sold out? Want to really make it an event, lower the price in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Parking passes are painfully difficult to pay for and arrange pick up .... There's zero coordination between the people selling parking passes and the people distributing tickets

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    TV/Streaming is killing attendance, that’s a fact. Even at the high school level. I streamed my local schools football games during Covid & attendance dropped. The next year people only asked about streaming so I cut them off so they would actually attend the games.

The University has done things to help make gameday an “Event” but it didn’t help attendance. The team has won & is ranked but that didn’t work either.

Next thing to try is rent tailgating spots in TG3 weekly. There’s only a few of us left in TG3 so move us to TG2. They can really do that for the whole tailgate area with open spots. That’s actually how Southeastern does it. They have an area of the website where you can reserve open spots each week.

Now the RV area, are those spots sold out? Want to really make it an event, lower the price in that area.
    I don't know about sold out but most of the RV spots were sold last season even though it was not reflected on gamedays

I honestly think the horrible home schedule the last couple of season is the biggest reason. It's is simply not feasible to go through the setup time needed when there are so many mid week or early morning games

My group's RV spot got used once last season for example and all the spots around it were almost always empty on game days

Another issue with the RV spots is that an RV has to be present. You are not allowed to setup a tent without an RV
    There were several games last season I would have setup a tent to tailgate but because of mid week logistics couldn't get an RV there

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information