Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: FB Season Ticket Sales?

Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

I agree!! Time to put some kerosene to get it started again. Might take some new wood.

2. Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    ... . I want someone out there roasting hogs, and singing Cajun music. I want to see Trail Rides.

Whatever the craziest Cajun experience you have witness we do it !!

We should be the ambassadors to Cajun Culture, and the lIfestyle.
    I forget the game, but the first time I met Boomer he was roasting a pig at Cajun Basin.

Think we are missing the point Small communties, small town. They must be doing something right and it isn’t just winning !
    He gets it!

My comment came off a little strong mybad.

I give you another example Notre Dame has the biggest non-alumni following. Why?
    Does anyone have a reason why that is ?
    The same reason the braves have a huge following. Add the catholic thing and there’s your answer.

6. Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    The same reason the braves have a huge following. Add the catholic thing and there’s your answer.
    Not everybody fights, but everyone on the planet can't be found "Ragin" for something at some moment in their lives.

Not making any excuses, but those schools in small communities probably get more local support because there is not much of anything else to do in some of those areas. However, even with everything we have here, there is still no excuse for the locals in the Lafayette and surrounding area not to have 30,000 - 35,000 butts in Cajun Field at every game.

8. Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    But but but I thought the die hard fans were okay with having 12,000 dedicated RCAF members at the game? Low attendance/lost interest started when the RFAC pitted members against the average Joe. Now with streaming services, the average Joe stays home.
    The day they started prioritizing parking and seating by donations was the day things turned South.

I don’t have a solution, but when an individual or business can tie up many of the better tickets and tail gating spots we lost many of the fans who came for the love of the game and university. Same for bowl seating.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Doesn't work like that...
    I never said it does. Being a smartass tends to not come across in text. Just wondering what the excuse for the poor marketing is coming off our best run of football in school history.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    The day they started prioritizing parking and seating by donations was the day things turned South.

I don’t have a solution, but when an individual or business can tie up many of the better tickets and tail gating spots we lost many of the fans who came for the love of the game and university. Same for bowl seating.
    Not trying to be a smart _____, but did things really turn South? Our numbers have never been great.

The real question is…how did the revue change? I don’t know the answer to that. But if we make equal/more money with premium charges for tailgating, etc, than we did before, then that’s what we are going to do. This is a business.

I agree with you. Why did they do that, prioritized parking and seating by donations?

To raise money to compete, to grow.

Maybe this goes back to the "good old days" when you could park your car right outside the stadium 5 minutes before kickoff, and still get to your seat before the game started.

When that went away so did a lot of "fans". Will they come back?

I'm not sure I care. They have their reasons. I go because I am a diehard and always will be, as long as it is still about amature athletes. There may not be anything that can be done to lure these people back to the game and I'm not sure the cost would justify it. Why, because there are too many that will always find an excuse. If you give me a ticket I will go doesn't really work for me.

I would love to see Cajun Field packed but I'm not going to beg someone to go, or keep buying tickets so they can get in free.

It's time to nut up.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Team just had the best two year stretch in program history and the reward was two meaningless bowls..

I'll go to some games for the same reason I go to Festival Acadiens ... to drink some beer in public and listen to some meh music at deafening volume
    We went to the bowl game that the champion of the sunbelt goes to. The bowl game wasn’t the problem the sunbelt needs to do a better job of getting their champion a better opponent.

Louisiana Tech Athletics had a fall fan fest on Sunday, but nothing from UL. I sent an email to Nico requesting the date in July because it’s been a tradition for my family. I received a polite note saying we don’t do that anymore. It’s minimal fan engagement these days. How are we going to meet the coaches, student athletes, and sell season tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    Louisiana Tech Athletics had a fall fan fest on Sunday, but nothing from UL. I sent an email to Nico requesting the date in July because it’s been a tradition for my family. I received a polite note saying we don’t do that anymore. It’s minimal fan engagement these days. How are we going to meet the coaches, student athletes, and sell season tickets?
    We have a Fan Day this Sunday at the Cajundome Convention Center from noon - 2 PM. It was on Twitter yesterday.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information