Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: FB Season Ticket Sales?

Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

Quote Originally Posted by WestUCajun View Post
    If you are not getting regular emails, contact the Alumni Association. The association sends out emails out at least every other month with a link to the Alumni Accents. Emails are also sent out to all alumni to let them know about events that will be taking place. The last email, sent on August 10, had this years tailgating schedule.
    When you call they will probably ask if you have your current email address in the system. To update your email address go to:
    https://alumni.louisiana.edu/membership/update-profile
    Here is the content form the Aug 10th email
    http://www.ne16.com/t/3970501/540992...2OA&x=648c9f89
    Here is the content from the July 31st email with the upcoming homecoming activities
    http://www.ne16.com/t/3932096/540992...3MQ&x=6fd0bab1

So maybe the problem with communications from the Alumni Association is technical and not from lack of effort.
    I didn’t get any of those email, even though the AA has had my email for a long time. I’ll update my profile via the link just to make sure…but if others are having the same experience, then there’s a technical issue.

2. Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

"Alumni tailgating"

I don't know how I missed that. Plain as day.

3. Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

Also, thanks for checking out the links. We need fewer casual alumni! It is very important to insure your contact info is up to date and currently the most effective way is for an alumnus to check to be sure the university has their valid email address. Not saying the alumni association doesn't have problems, they do. The problems are recognized and many solutions have been put forward but can't begin to be resolved without more support. A couple of these problems are the lack of interaction (volunteers) by alumni and university procedures. Realize the Alumni Association has a staff of about 6 that report to the director and take care of all day to day functions of the office in addition to alumni activities. Even communications aren't sent out directly by the association. Emails are composed by the association, then sent out for review and approval by the communications department, then forwarded to the operations department that inputs it into the university email system which controls the database with all of the contact information of our alumni. Was told the reason for this process is for the security of alumni's contact information, to stop emails to alumni that request that they don't receive any more, and to keep statistics of number of emails sent, replies received, and message acted on. The associations volunteer communications committee is working with the universities communication department to try to develop better methods of communication and improved marketing strategies. Time will tell if they are successful.

Thanks WestUCajun.

One way to drum up interest would be Local RCAF Chapters. On the RCAF website it says they are looking for people in New Orleans, Houston, & Atlanta. I brought it up last year but have been too busy with work & baseball to pursue it. I know in Iberia Parish, we would have a good bit of interest. Easy way to have a smaller mailing list between people who actually know each other, instead of a mass mailing.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    One way to drum up interest would be Local RCAF Chapters. On the RCAF website it says they are looking for people in New Orleans, Houston, & Atlanta. I brought it up last year but have been too busy with work & baseball to pursue it. I know in Iberia Parish, we would have a good bit of interest. Easy way to have a smaller mailing list between people who actually know each other, instead of a mass mailing.
    I’ve had conversations with some folks about a Houston chapter…but none of those people still work for the university

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It's true. A series of unfortunate events happened to this program.

-Hud won, but got docked for cheating. I know fans that finally believed we could be a player in CFB and became deflated when went through that. Felt betrayed.
    -Hud let the locker room fall into complete toxicity
    -FDT video and political climate killed our momentum
    -Napier had pedigree, but unproven and didn't engage the community like Hud did.
    -Losing to Coastal early on at home turned some off (I know its dumb, but it happened)
    -Covid and then following crap that followed
    -Very poor home schedules and too many midweek games
    -Constant failures and inconsistencies with RCAF hires
    -Lack of splash hire after Napier (Again, dumb, but people think like this)
    -NIL, collectives, unlimited transfers, realignment and changing collegiate landscape

Very little we can do about most of those things.
    100% agree, but we have not taken advantage of the things we can control. Advertising is sad, no one knows that we have the nations longest winning streak outside of hardcore fans. Our media in this area granted is in a transitional period with the downfall of radio and newspapers, but I have seen zero hype for a team that has consecutive top 20 seasons. That starts and ends at Martin Hall and the athletic department. We are dropping the ball and not taking advantage of what we control in my opinion.

We have simply failed to get the Acadiana area on board and I really have not seen much effort.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    I’ve had conversations with some folks about a Houston chapter…but none of those people still work for the university
    Ha. Same here. The joint AA/RCAF event in Houston last fall was nice. And the tailgate for the UT game was fantastic.

But the people at RCAF who worked with the AA to make that happen work for MTSU now.

9. Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

The events you were speaking about was a joint event but the work to get the facilities and the logistics and people who worked the event were from the alumni association. There were speakers from the RCAF along with Dr. Maggard at the Houston event. The RCAF and/or athletics paid a share of the costs. The two who are now at MT did very little. The new Murray State AD did more.

Did NIL take most of our marketing budget?

11. Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

I didn’t get any of those email, even though the AA has had my email for a long time. I’ll update my profile via the link just to make sure…but if others are having the same experience, then there’s a technical issue.
    Thanks for checking. If your info is correct, please let someone with the Alumni Association know so whatever the problem is can be fixed

Agreed. No one in Houston gets asked to buy season tickets, despite it being in easy driving range. Heck, the football team is playing in Houston for the first time in 16 years, and there’s been zero communication from the university about it.
    Houston? We have yet to even tap the market where our head coach is from or anywhere just outside the Lafayette area. That should be priority number one, but yes Houston is an untapped market for sure.

Where does our season ticket sales put us vs our peers?

ULM
    LaTech
    Tulane
    So Miss
    Etc

But but but I thought the die hard fans were okay with having 12,000 dedicated RCAF members at the game? Low attendance/lost interest started when the RFAC pitted members against the average Joe. Now with streaming services, the average Joe stays home.

15. Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    But but but I thought the die hard fans were okay with having 12,000 dedicated RCAF members at the game? Low attendance/lost interest started when the RFAC pitted members against the average Joe. Now with streaming services, the average Joe stays home.
    Let us know when you have found a list with 12,000 RCAF members.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information