Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: FB Season Ticket Sales?

Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    We have a problem realizing that you have to pump money into something before you get money out of something. Your ideas about Top Golf or Astros are great, but would require some entity (RCAF or AA) to pump some money into it. That has not historically been done.
    At this moment, it's not even the cost that's the issue. There's an untapped market that we haven't even reached out to yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    At this moment, it's not even the cost that's the issue. There's an untapped market that we haven't even reached out to yet.
    Agreed. No one in Houston gets asked to buy season tickets, despite it being in easy driving range. Heck, the football team is playing in Houston for the first time in 16 years, and there’s been zero communication from the university about it.

3. Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

It isn’t a matter of cost but it is a matter of staffing resources and priorities. The Alumni Affairs department / Alumni Association currently has 6 employees and is responsible for supporting a great number of university events that take priority over engagement. Hoping that changes.

Quote Originally Posted by WestUCajun View Post
    It isn’t a matter of cost but it is a matter of staffing resources and priorities. The Alumni Affairs department / Alumni Association currently has 6 employees and is responsible for supporting a great number of university events that take priority over engagement. Hoping that changes.
    Shortage of staff has always been an issue. That's why I suggested a third party to focus only on reaching out to people to get involved whether it is buying tickets or donating in some way or another.

Quick question: do we have a CRM platform that we use to list potential donors as well as marking down/taking notes of conversations with those said donors?

This is funny.

I am a graduate of both ULM and Louisiana. I have invested literally zero dollars with ULM and tens of thousands with Louisiana over the years.

I get contacted by E-mail every week and snail mail once a month by the ULM alumni association. The Louisiana alumni association couldn't care less about me. They might send me something once per year.

There is a clear lack of public relations/outreach here. It is a huge problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    This is funny.

I am a graduate of both ULM and Louisiana. I have invested literally zero dollars with ULM and tens of thousands with Louisiana over the years.

I get contacted by E-mail every week and snail mail once a month by the ULM alumni association. The Louisiana alumni association couldn't care less about me. They might send me something once per year.

Dear Dr. Maggard (or surrogate that visits this site),

See above. This is exactly what happens when you let academics get involved with athletics.

Sincerely,

RPCA

So here are some of the big questions:

What are we really doing to push for season ticket sales? And I am talking within this 50 mile radius of ~700,000 people. Do we have a marketing team? Do we have a 3rd party making the rounds calling up locals and potential fans to support the program? What have we done to promote two straight years of being ranked in the Top 25 and being defending Sun Belt Champions?

The fact is that we need to reach out to everyone, not just those who renew or give the most money. Go to any game. Where do the loudest fans sit? Usually at the top. They're the blue collar fans who might not give a lot of money, but they make your stadium look full. We need to cater to those people more consistently because even though they may not give the most dollars, they still buy concessions, they tailgate, and they overall generate revenue. We also need a staff to put forth the effort of reaching out the community kind of like what Learfield does with sponsorships. Take a look at how well that has worked recently. It's been a success.

Also, have the UL Alumni Association and RCAF work together to lure in alumni and supporters even in other cities. In Houston, besides just one crawfish boil once a year, rent out a few islands at Top Golf and have a "Ragin' Cajun Night." Purchase a few hundred Astro tickets and rent out a section at Minute Maid. Do the same in Dallas or Atlanta, and it'll compound to donations and support.

Obviously, these aren't the ultimate solutions, but there's so much low hanging fruit for our program. We just have to go and get it.
    As you know, this has been a problem for some time, specifically in Houston and Dallas. You know a few people that have tried to do things in Houston over the years like HoustonCajun, Basinbear and Lafitte the Pirate just name a few. There is great opportunity for cultivation in both areas.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    As you know, this has been a problem for some time, specifically in Houston and Dallas. You know a few people that have tried to do things in Houston over the years like HoustonCajun, Basinbear and Lafitte the Pirate just name a few. There is great opportunity for cultivation in both areas.
    And...cue the excuses....

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    They contacted a few of us as local ambassadors for athletics . Things like set up away game viewing parties having meet and greets with coaches in your parish .. Then they completely dropped the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    They contacted a few of us as local ambassadors for athletics . Things like set up away game viewing parties having meet and greets with coaches in your parish .. Then they completely dropped the idea.
    Sounds like status-quo.

11. Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    And...cue the excuses....
    That's your (volunteer) job. jk

The golf tournament fundraiser at Kingwood used to be packed with people.

There’s definitely an interest in Houston area.

13. Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    This is funny.

If you are not getting regular emails, contact the Alumni Association. The association sends out emails out at least every other month with a link to the Alumni Accents. Emails are also sent out to all alumni to let them know about events that will be taking place. The last email, sent on August 10, had this years tailgating schedule.
    When you call they will probably ask if you have your current email address in the system. To update your email address go to:
    https://alumni.louisiana.edu/membership/update-profile
    Here is the content form the Aug 10th email
    http://www.ne16.com/t/3970501/540992...2OA&x=648c9f89
    Here is the content from the July 31st email with the upcoming homecoming activities
    http://www.ne16.com/t/3932096/540992...3MQ&x=6fd0bab1

So maybe the problem with communications from the Alumni Association is technical and not from lack of effort.

14. Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

I've never officially tailgated but I use to wander around for hours pregame and especially post game visiting with official tailgating folk.

What’s with the 2 hour and 45 minute pregame limit?

15. Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

Alumni tailgating starts 3 hours before the game and ends 15 minutes before kickoff. The issue is having enough staff and volunteers to man the event for more than that.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information