Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: FB Season Ticket Sales?

Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    I figure we would be at 10k by now, but if we aren’t I guess we better hope for GameDay sales.
    Around 6K is the word.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Has the coaches done any interviews outside of media days ?
    RR guys have asked.

Labor. Day. Weekend.

Didn’t we have more during the Baldwin era lol!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Labor. Day. Weekend.
    So 20k then lol

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I have said this for years. All of Inside the fences of cajun field TG spots are sold out and there is no where for the common borderline fan to go who is just trying it out. Here is what my thoughts have been. Its time to expand in the other direction. I have always said make that big field across from Bourgeois hall a first come first serve basis tail gate area. Say on Friday after 5 you can come out and stake your claim. You could open up parking in Bourgeois and Blackham. maybe even shut down traffic from Johnston to Reinhardt Dr. / The the Cajun Dome. They have got to create growth in the area of tail gating to get new fans out and that is the only direction I can see where serious expansions is possible.
    Yea, this is a problem and you offer an excellent solution.

7. Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

Eight years ago (2014) Louisiana sold 14,000 season tickets.

The count officially ended at the end of September.

All Martin Hall needs to do is, work. Work at it

How about this angle. Average Cajun fan said, man if we were ever good it would be awesome, I’d never miss a game. After a few years: man if we were ranked that would be the day we finally make a name for ourselves. Well, the average fan sees the same Nola bowl, same sunbelt conference, same stadium, so on and so on.

To the average/casual fan a number before our name hasn’t meant or changed anything. The average fan thinks a great record means a great bowl(New Years day)finish ranked you should immediately be in better conference.(which the sunbelt is better) but the Average fan doesn’t know that.

My other thought is people know there is no rush to get tickets. They’re not selling out. That’s been proven. Now that kids are back in school maybe the focus can turn to football for young families and the numbers will increase.

9. Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

HUD, the man, brought us to 14,000. He showed an interest in everyone he met and particularly knew how to snooze the big donors without in anyway dismiss the small ones. And by figuring a way to win 9 games he was the magician.

"he was the magician"

That's what she said...

This is mostly accurate.

For a team like UL to gain fans we have to create amenities

Pros of going to a LSU game

1. Big time atmosphere
    2. Watching top BCS schools that are nearby
    3. Competing for a NC.
    4. Nationally known with big following

Pros of LSU is the Cons of Louisiana.

So okay I am not knocking Louisiana I am just being realistic

We have to increase the reasons why people would want to show up. We have to create amenities

We have to do things that LSU can’t offer

1. Good Parking
    2. Reasonable ticket prices
    3. Close competition that average fan has heard of. With the new additions to the Sunbelt it will be awesome.
    4. Increase the environment around the stadium and have a easier and better tailgate experience. Do what KrazyKajun said ( This is something the University can do tommorrow ).
    5 Create Community where people feel like they are a part of something.

We are the Ragin Cajuns. Time to be like Notre Dame and use it to our advantage

We can’t do these things just a little bit. We have to do them ALOT! We have to go all out.

Let’s make our strengths even stronger .

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    This is mostly accurate.

For a team like UL to gain fans we have to create amenities

Pros of going to a LSU game

1. Big time atmosphere
    2. Watching top BCS schools that are nearby
    3. Competing for a NC.
    4. Nationally known with big following

Pros of LSU is the Cons of Louisiana.

So okay I am not knocking Louisiana I am just being realistic

We have to increase the reasons why people would want to show up. We have to create amenities

We have to do things that LSU can’t offer

1. Good Parking
    2. Reasonable ticket prices
    3. Close competition that average fan has heard of. With the new additions to the Sunbelt it will be awesome.
    4. Increase the environment around the stadium and have a easier and better tailgate experience. Do what KrazyKajun said ( This is something the University can do tommorrow ).
    5 Create Community where people feel like they are a part of something.

We are the Ragin Cajuns. Time to be like Notre Dame and use it to our advantage

We can’t do these things just a little bit. We have to do them ALOT! We have to go all out.

Let’s make our strengths even stronger .
    I agree the university has done nothing other than open up the gates of Russo to enhance tailgating in over 25 years. You want to grow the atmosphere you need to expand the game day experience across the entire athletic campus from Blackham to the corner of congress and Bertrand. Got to expand to grow won’t do it with the same old TG spots inside the gates of cajun field those are old and stagnant.

Quite frankly, I believe majority of our fan base (and other G5s) is &/or will be turned off due to the players now being paid as professionals. I think it's safe to say that the majority of UL fan base is middle class, blue collar folks. While there's nothing wrong with a fan base like ours, you better have top tiered results if your fans are going to dish out their hard earned money. And being honest with our selves, we aren't close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Quite frankly, I believe majority of our fan base (and other G5s) is &/or will be turned off due to the players now being paid as professionals. I think it's safe to say that the majority of UL fan base is middle class, blue collar folks. While there's nothing wrong with a fan base like ours, you better have top tiered results if your fans are going to dish out their hard earned money. And being honest with our selves, we aren't close to that.
    If top 25 in the nation finishes aren't enough for the fan base here considering where we have come from in the past then we will never have a fan base here.

We are chasing our tail here.

For those of you who don't know, Lafayette and the Acadiana area have exponentially more lsu fans than Louisiana fans. Over several decades, A LOT of potential Cajun fans have gravitated to the other side of the Basin because we have failed to compete for their attention and dollars.

Whether you like it or not, SBC championships and dominating a G5 schedule DOES NOT move the needle with the average college football fan in our area. So, what do we do?

We can't offer them a P5 home schedule, yet, but we can grab their attention and respect by scheduling more P5 schools and kicking their rear ends.

1 P5 road win catapulted our program onto the national scene and set us on a path of 2 years of National Rankings. We HAVE TO keep trying to do that as much as we can.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information