Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: FB Season Ticket Sales?

Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    If we played LSU at home Sept 3 our season tickets would be sold out as well and there would be a lot more buzz for the season.

Sorry. Forgot to add quote to first post.
    Don’t think this is even comparable. Sure UNC may have bought up a few season tickets but the majority of that stadium will be dressed in black and yellow plus every other home game will be jam packed. If lsu played in Cajun field there would be 25k lsu fans. Then the rest of the games at Cajun field would have 20k empty seats

2. Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    If lsu played in Cajun field there would be 25k lsu fans. Then the rest of the games at Cajun field would have 20k empty seats
    Not after a Louisiana win

3. Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Not after a Louisiana win
    Even a competitive game would create interest and keep interest up.

4. Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

Look at the attendance at Russo when the tigah's play there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    If we played LSU at home Sept 3 our season tickets would be sold out as well and there would be a lot more buzz for the season.

Sorry. Forgot to add quote to first post.
    And if "its and buts were candy and nuts..." My point in posting that was that both App and Troy have figured out how to sell 10k season tickets and in Apps case, several home games. UL, even after 2 seasons of top 25 rankings, a conference championship, and 2 more division titles, with several NFL quality players and the longest winning streak in the country has yet to break the code. Why? Don't know, but if they're selling 10k season tickets in Troy for God's sake and in Boone, what are they doing and UL isn't?

Now a sell out vs Citadel...Citadel, a old southern military academy in Charleston, SC...I'm sure they're bringing thousands of fans and buying app season tickets like UNC is. Tell you what...and I know this because I lived in Western NC for 25 years. UNC football is not that big of a deal in the state. There will not be thousands of UNC fans at that App game. You may find a few that bought season tickets to App, maybe to share with family...don't know and don't care....The appathy by some of you and the willingness to pass judgement on issues that you have absolutely no clue about is astounding..

Again, my point in posting really anything about App is they've figured it out, we haven't. When will UL pick up a phone and call Troy or App and ask how did you sell 10k tickets? Scheduling is a part of it, sure...And stop with the "if LSU played in Lafayette" crap. You look like 10 year olds...

6. Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    And if "its and buts were candy and nuts..." My point in posting that was that both App and Troy have figured out how to sell 10k season tickets and in Apps case, several home games. UL, even after 2 seasons of top 25 rankings, a conference championship, and 2 more division titles, with several NFL quality players and the longest winning streak in the country has yet to break the code. Why? Don't know, but if they're selling 10k season tickets in Troy for God's sake and in Boone, what are they doing and UL isn't?

Now a sell out vs Citadel...Citadel, a old southern military academy in Charleston, SC...I'm sure they're bringing thousands of fans and buying app season tickets like UNC is. Tell you what...and I know this because I lived in Western NC for 25 years. UNC football is not that big of a deal in the state. There will not be thousands of UNC fans at that App game. You may find a few that bought season tickets to App, maybe to share with family...don't know and don't care....The appathy by some of you and the willingness to pass judgement on issues that you have absolutely no clue about is astounding..

Again, my point in posting really anything about App is they've figured it out, we haven't. When will UL pick up a phone and call Troy or App and ask how did you sell 10k tickets? Scheduling is a part of it, sure...And stop with the "if LSU played in Lafayette" crap. You look like 10 year olds...
    I very rarely post a post like the one I am posting right now, but THANK YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Look at the attendance at Russo when the tigah's play there.
    Still not comparable. But in a way you’re proving my point since you show up to Russo in purple and gold. Probably the only time you buy season tickets.

8. Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

Still not comparable. But in a way you’re proving my point since you show up to Russo in purple and gold. Probably the only time you buy season tickets.
    I have had 4 season tickets at Russo since Russo opened.

Like fanof71 stated, "The appathy (sic) by some of you and the willingness to pass judgement on issues that you have absolutely no clue about is astounding..."

I would have use "arrogance, ego and apathy"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lplt5l7X4n8

https://troytrojans.com/sports/2022/...k-the-vet.aspx

App Hype Video...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wds3SOhhyLA

I guess the UL Hype Video for 2022 was packed up and taken to Florida....

Don’t think this is even comparable. Sure UNC may have bought up a few season tickets but the majority of that stadium will be dressed in black and yellow plus every other home game will be jam packed. If lsu played in Cajun field there would be 25k lsu fans. Then the rest of the games at Cajun field would have 20k empty seats
    I am very curious to see the ratio that day. I think UNC gets better than 1/4 of the stadium in blue.

It would probably be more than 25k lsu fans. The 25k would be just the UL alum dressed as lsu fans. You got to add some of the wal mart fans too. And I am sure a few actual alumni that are real fans would attend also.

You are so right. I often wonder when we play P5 schools or schools like App State that fill their stadium, do we ever look into what they do to maximize attendance, what traditions they have, why do their fans and students show up enthusiastically for their games, and what makes football attendance so successful at that school? Seems like we could learn a lot from successful programs, but we seem to take away nothing from the experience and it is the same old same old at UL. Despite our successes as you have pointe out, still low season ticket sales, low student and fan enthusiasm and attendance and poor game atmosphere. Louisiana football should be better than this.

12. Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

Louisiana sold 14,000 season tickets in 2014 with only a drum solo.

Who was our coach in 2014? UL needs a vocal energetic leader to unite the fan base and have us holding the rope and pulling in the same direction. Not an athletic department that operates on silence like know your place. Fan Day needed to be planned and announced months ago. A clear marketing slogan and advertising needs to happen as well. It’s time to act BIG TIME!

Mike can ask Coach O how.

We’ve put 30,000 Cajun fans at CF before with no help from the road team. I believe a game against LSU would trump that as far as number of Cajun fans and increase season ticket sales to Cajun fans. Don’t think lsu fans would buy up the season tickets for that game.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information