Thread: Any new guys mentioned for playing time?

1. UL Football Any new guys mentioned for playing time?

….I looked at a Tulane site and quite a few were mentioned to get some playing time…seems to be interesting for all schools!

Default Re: Any new guys mentioned for playing time?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ….I looked at a Tulane site and quite a few were mentioned to get some playing time…seems to be interesting for all schools!
    Maybe they don’t have a talented roster

The linebacker from West St John Kaleip Edwards is going to contribute. Cameron Whitfield a RS Freshman will contribute also. The OL Moreau from Pineville has been mentioned as someone competing for time as well.

In discussions on OL, lots of names but no Maillho kid from Covington. Project?

5. Default Re: Any new guys mentioned for playing time?

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    In discussions on OL, lots of names but no Maillho kid from Covington. Project?
    ….Think he play yesterday but not the kid from Grand Lake (Barbe) LC! We were just guessing on who was who!

….Think he play yesterday but not the kid from Grand Lake (Barbe) LC! We were just guessing on who was who!
    How was the turnout for cooking on Saturday? Good amount of fans watching the scrimmage?

7. Default Re: Any new guys mentioned for playing time?

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    How was the turnout for cooking on Saturday? Good amount of fans watching the scrimmage?
    ….kinda same OLD guys, but enjoyed it…close to the action in the IPF but can’t see the action like in the stands…Guess coach is part weatherman as it STORMED about midway through……so hard to tell in an inter squad!

Have not heard much about Lorenzell Dubose. He was the highly rated CB from North Louisiana. Anyone know how he has acclimated to the Cajun Culture?

Boomer, how did you get to view the scrimmage as I thought it was closed. I guess former players were allowed and you should be. Next time you go, simply print the roster from the ragincajuns.com website before showing up. That will have numbers and names for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Boomer, how did you get to view the scrimmage as I thought it was closed. I guess former players were allowed and you should be. Next time you go, simply print the roster from the ragincajuns.com website before showing up. That will have numbers and names for you.
    He's a member of the Grid Iron Club of former players and coaches. They cook for the team after such events.

11. Default Re: Any new guys mentioned for playing time?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    He's a member of the Grid Iron Club of former players and coaches. They cook for the team after such events.
    …Well-some call it the ole farts group, but very good to get Super 1 to help put on a steak dinner after for over200 group…good idea about getting names and other info…bankrupt and I were trying to figure who was who from size and position…I always remind him of his double team block on a Tulane all American…… congrats to Dr win-g for getting it all done so well….Drew Edminstron sp got the group together….GEAUX CAJUNS!

Former players were allowed to view the scrimmage and then we fed the team after and I got to speak to many of them. Team realizes the QB battle is close. I thought Ben Woolridge had a little better scrimmage throwing the ball but it was only one practice. Chandler Fields certainly looked in command of the offense. I asked Woolridge if he was getting accustomed to Louisiana. He informed me he actually has relatives in Metairie and the North Shore and had visited Louisiana many times prior to enrolling here. He has your typical California laid back and unflappable attitude which may serve him well. Other players have been impressed with Kailep Edwards. Most of the guys I spoke to were offensive players and, as for newcomers, they have been impressed with Charles Robertson at receiver and Kaden Moreau on the offensive line. They also said that Terrance Williams has taken over the "Big Back" role and has been very effective on the goal line.

All of the players I spoke to were not only very respectful and well behaved but were well spoken and seemed OK with hanging out for a little while with some old folks. :-)

Thread Information