Thread: Quarterback race between Chandler Fields, Ben Wooldridge 'still close

1. UL Football Quarterback race between Chandler Fields, Ben Wooldridge 'still close

Louisiana quarterbacks Chandler Fields and Ben Wooldridge are in as tight a competition as ever after first preseason scrimmage.

Default Re: Quarterback race between Chandler Fields, Ben Wooldridge 'still close

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Louisiana quarterbacks Chandler Fields and Ben Wooldridge are in as tight a competition as ever after first preseason scrimmage.

I like fields to get the first crack… he has the ability to be flexible in tough situations….everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth…I hope we choose the guy that can go out and win us a game not just manage one.

Default Re: Quarterback race between Chandler Fields, Ben Wooldridge 'still close

I love how people act like all the wins we had with Lewis sort of just happened. Levi apparently had nothing to do with any of them, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    I love how people act like all the wins we had with Lewis sort of just happened. Levi apparently had nothing to do with any of them, I guess?
    He will go down as the most underappreciated player ever in this program. Anybody who wants to argue with that can go look up old game threads. LOL. They were entertaining and maddening at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    Exactly.

Is there just a pile of Jake Delhommes and Joe Burrows that we’ve been ignoring?

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    I like fields to get the first crack… he has the ability to be flexible in tough situations….everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth…I hope we choose the guy that can go out and win us a game not just manage one.
    People called LL a "manager". And some games that's what he did. He also won lots of games here and lead the best stretch we've ever seen here. I guess its all in how you define manager.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    People called LL a "manager". And some games that's what he did. He also won lots of games here and lead the best stretch we've ever seen here. I guess its all in how you define manager.
    Sure enjoyed LL managing those 4th quarter stake to the heart drives last year.

Hey guys, why we talking about Levi Lewis in a thread about our new starting QB? Get over it. We get it. You loved Levi. He's gone now, though. Keep it moving. LoL!

9. Default Re: Quarterback race between Chandler Fields, Ben Wooldridge 'still close

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Hey guys, why we talking about Levi Lewis in a thread about our new starting QB? Get over it. We get it. You loved Levi. He's gone now, though. Keep it moving. LoL!
    Because all you guys who claimed there was better on the bench along with the new coach can’t even figure out who to play now that Levi is gone. Pretty darn funny how they did not want Levi and now that he is gone, they can’t figure out who they will play now, much less who they would have played instead of Levi the last 3 years. This place is better then the best comedian around town.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Well, the term game management came up when talking about Woolridge so I'd say its fairly important. We know you don't wish to hear LL's name any longer but the comparison is worth discussing since lots of fans labeled him as such.

In one of the fall camp pressers with Coach Dez, he said how Chandler is kind of one of those Brett Favre type sling it QBs. And how they've been trying to coach that wild side out of him (paraphrasing). Those QBs are fun to watch; Blaine Gautier gave me that vibe.

Based on things I'm hearing about both, I will be excited with whoever gets the nod for QB1. T's comments about the OLine depth is kind of concerning though.

Thread Information