Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Murray St targeting Nico to be next AD

1. Default Murray St targeting Nico to be next AD

2. Default ESPN 1420 UL Deputy AD Top Target for Athletic Director Job at Murray State

Yantko has been at Louisiana since 2017.

Default Re: Murray St targeting Nico to be next AD

Happy for him

Wonder if his replacement will be just be call center like thr RCAF director

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Would be very surprised if he would not accept the offer if given.

I hope he stays, but would be happy for him either way. I’ve enjoy his enthusiasm and vision.

Nico leaving is a more significant loss than anyone on the RCAF, including Hans and Lee. However, Nico is a graduate of Murray State, so I doubt he will turn the job down if offered.

He was instrumental in getting the lead gift from Lourdes.

We are now without an RCAF executive, number 2 at the UL Foundation, and soon to be without Nico.

As several have stated, the good news is that the football stadium is on track to start after the season.

The optimist in me sees this as a sign that it means Dr Maggard isn't going anywhere for a while.

Don't get me wrong, Nico is still a loss. I know he rubbed some folks the wrong way, especially early on, but for me he is very good at what he was supposed to do.

On the bright side, under the leadership of Dr. Maggard, UL has become a spot where one can advance a career rather than a dead end for those that do a good job. Therefore, I would think UL might be an attractive spot for someone that is willing to work hard and improve their future prospects for advancement.

Hans replaced by who? Now possibly Nico? Nico was an key part of the name marketing and fighting the battle. You could drop him a line and bam, fixed. Maggard needs to move away from the Martin Hall crowd, RCAF is stagnant.

Good for him, well deserved if he decides to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Nico leaving is a more significant loss than anyone on the RCAF, including Hans and Lee. However, Nico is a graduate of Murray State, so I doubt he will turn the job down if offered.

He was instrumental in getting the lead gift from Lourdes.

We are now without an RCAF executive, number 2 at the UL Foundation, and soon to be without Nico.

As several have stated, the good news is that the football stadium is on track to start after the season.
    Thanks Craig, this is dead on. He has been instrumental in raising big donations for the football stadium renovation. He will be greatly missed.

Would hate to see him go but wouldn’t blame him if he took the position. I know some don’t like his ways but he gets the job done and has been instrumental in fundraising. He’s done a great job for the university.

13. Default Re: Murray St targeting Nico to be next AD

Considering all three folks mentioned, replacing them is a net positive. Thanks for doing the job you were hired to do, kind of, but the program supersedes all of you.

Next man up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    The optimist in me sees this as a sign that it means Dr Maggard isn't going anywhere for a while.

Don't get me wrong, Nico is still a loss. I know he rubbed some folks the wrong way, especially early on, but for me he is very good at what he was supposed to do.
    In an office full of different personalities someone will eventually rub someone else the wrong way. Change is inevitable and some people don't respond well to it. I tend to give the benefit of doubt to people that actually get things done.

Thanks to the fact I have a workspace in the Cox Building, I've gotten to see Nico in action over the past year plus and one of the many things that have impressed me about him is his versatility. The man knows quite a bit about every phase of athletics. Most impressive has been when he added fundraising to his list of duties. He was involved even when Lee and Hans were here and as mentioned, was the main guy in the Lourdes gift. But you've seen graphics over the last few months touting gifts from 25,000 to half a million dollars. He's been involved in all of it. We've also made some very good hires with the external team and he's been involved there as well.

I'll miss him, both professionally and personally. But I'm happy for him and Marnie (and Chaney).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information