View Poll Results: Who will be our starting QB this season?

Voters
213. This poll is closed
  • ZEON CHRISS

4 1.88%
  • ZY MCDONALD

2 0.94%
  • LANCE LEGENDRE

6 2.82%
  • BEN WOOLDRIDGE

67 31.46%
  • HUNTER HERRING

3 1.41%
  • CHANDLER FIELDS

131 61.50%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Will Be Louisiana's Starting QB for 2022

1. Default Re: Who Will Be Starting QB for Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns This Season?

Loving the different analysis conversation...

Default Re: Who Will Be Starting QB for Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns This Season?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    While I would like it to be Chandler, since he has put his time in and represented the brand well...I think Ben will get the nod.
    These are my thoughts as well. Even though its not in the plans to use both QBs, it sounded like in the interview with Jay that Des wasn’t totally against the 3 to 1 series system like they did with Nunez/Lewis. Although it’s not preferable. The next week will be interesting to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    These are my thoughts as well. Even though its not in the plans to use both QBs, it sounded like in the interview with Jay that Des wasn’t totally against the 3 to 1 series system like they did with Nunez/Lewis. Although it’s not preferable. The next week will be interesting to say the least.
    Everyday is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Everyday is interesting.
    If stating the obvious was ever a person….

5. Default Re: Who Will Be Starting QB for Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns This Season?

The bird is sticking with Fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    I don’t know who will start but some former players who watched some practices told me that Zeon looks exciting.
    He is the future. If he knew the O as good as the other 2 he'd be right there in the mix.

We lost two NFL OL and a QB who was great at avoiding sacks. I think the QB with the best pocket awareness will be the fulltime starter.

CajunVic says it will be Fields and he is usually right about that type of thing. Woolridge is the better runner but that is different than pocket awareness. I would not be surprised if Fields starts but he may have a short leash if he struggles. Friend of mine who is pretty good at evaluating athletic ability does have a concern that Fields takes to long to establish his throwing motion (slow wind up) before delivering the football. I imagine coaches have worked on improving that technique and may no longer be an issue.

Mike showing Vic some love....

10. Default Re: Who Will Be Starting QB for Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns This Season?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    CajunVic says it will be Fields and he is usually right about that type of thing. Woolridge is the better runner but that is different than pocket awareness. I would not be surprised if Fields starts but he may have a short leash if he struggles. Friend of mine who is pretty good at evaluating athletic ability does have a concern that Fields takes to long to establish his throwing motion (slow wind up) before delivering the football. I imagine coaches have worked on improving that technique and may no longer be an issue.
    Half of the “insider” fan base said Fields 5 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    We better not doubt ole Vic. He’s very connected and his “birdie” isn’t wrong too often…

12. Default Re: Who Will Be Starting QB for Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns This Season?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It really gets you that Vic is right 99% of the time, doesn’t it.

13. Default Re: Who Will Be Starting QB for Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns This Season?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun fan1 View Post
    We better not doubt ole Vic. He’s very connected and his “birdie” isn’t wrong too often…
    He and his tee tiny bird have been wrong plenty. Regardless, Fields being named QB1 shouldn’t surprise most people. Again, half the fanbase that follows closely has been saying Fields since spring.

I had someone over for lunch yesterday that has been at every practice this camp. He said in his mind CF has had the better camp thus far but BW is very close. He also said he's not a coach so no telling what they are thinking.

Myles Brennan just became available...

Guess he keeps all that NIL money since it cannot be performance based.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information