View Poll Results: Who will be our starting QB this season?

Voters
213. This poll is closed
  • ZEON CHRISS

4 1.88%
  • ZY MCDONALD

2 0.94%
  • LANCE LEGENDRE

6 2.82%
  • BEN WOOLDRIDGE

67 31.46%
  • HUNTER HERRING

3 1.41%
  • CHANDLER FIELDS

131 61.50%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Who Will Be Louisiana's Starting QB for 2022

Default Re: Who Will Be Louisiana's Starting QB for 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Yep me, you and a few others talked about this a few weeks ago when some players told us that Fields had the edge. Really he had the edge since last year as it was his to lose.
    I figured he would get the job if it was remotely close. Guy put his time in and has been rewarded

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I figured he would get the job if it was remotely close. Guy put his time in and has been rewarded
    Seniority

Body language says a lot in this pic.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Body language says a lot in this pic.
    Pictures catch a millisecond in time over what was an hour plus event. Don’t think it’s fair to Ben to use this as a barometer of anything

Geez, Zy looks like he could play LB for us if we needed.

6. Default Re: Who Will Be Louisiana's Starting QB for 2022

We have some very athletic bodies wanting to play QB. As I informed here some time ago, our starting QB will be Fields. I believe it's time to see if we can make hay with some of those bodies in other positions. It would be ashamed to see those athletes ride the pine when they probably could make for very meaningful production in other positions.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Pictures catch a millisecond in time over what was an hour plus event. Don’t think it’s fair to Ben to use this as a barometer of anything
    I was not there but heard from people who were he handled it about like that picture showed. Looked at his phone and didn’t look up at kids trying to get a autograph all day. Coach maybe could have waited until after the fan day event to break the news,

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    We have some very athletic bodies wanting to play QB. As I informed here some time ago, our starting QB will be Fields. I believe it's time to see if we can make hay with some of those bodies in other positions. It would be ashamed to see those athletes ride the pine when they probably could make for very meaningful production in other positions.
    Just look at the guys who once had significant stats in HS playing QB who are now in DB positions/Skill positions at UL. I can think of 4 of them, if I'm correct.

9. Default Re: Who Will Be Louisiana's Starting QB for 2022

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Just look at the guys who once had significant stats in HS playing QB who are now in DB positions/Skill positions at UL. I can think of 4 of them, if I'm correct.
    looks like we have an opportunity for more. Like Robe said often, work while you wait.

I don't want anyone to leave. If I wanted to play QB and we have a soph starting possibly the next three years, I'd transfer especially with the way the portal is these days. If I had transferred once I'd leave before the season started as not to sit out two years. But that's me and I don't speak for any of the young men. Just ready for the season to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    I was not there but heard from people who were he handled it about like that picture showed. Looked at his phone and didn’t look up at kids trying to get a autograph all day. Coach maybe could have waited until after the fan day event to break the news,
    I mean.I'm not going to blame the guy for being bummed on that day. Not sure how lively I'd be for such an event if I were in his shoes.

Hopefully Wooldridge is able to get beyond the initial disappointment and remain focused with the team. Our team history at least during the Bustle and Hud years, more years than not, we've needed our 2nd string QB to come in, start, and try to help us win some games.

At smaller schools your best athlete will play QB in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    At smaller schools your best athlete will play QB in high school.
    I know that.UL just has a large number of guys who were very good HS QB's playing other positions

I know that.UL just has a large number of guys who were very good HS QB's playing other positions
    Yep always a good sign.

As we get closer to kickoff just remember WE ARE FANS and will live by the 6Cs of the seassonfeel free to add more)
    Cheer our team on
    Cry when/if we lose a game
    Complain about things we'd do differently
    Coach the team during in game threads
    Get Chastised by others on here that don't agree with us
    Chastise others that don't agree with us

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information