Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How will Louisiana football do in its first year without Billy Napier?

Default Re: How will Louisiana football do in its first year without Billy Napier?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Don't over look the first game of the season.
    They’re having to replace Cole Kelly. That dude was a stud.

Default Re: How will Louisiana football do in its first year without Billy Napier?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Don't over look the first game of the season.
    Lots of talent in the secondary. Look for us not to try & throw in Zy's direction (6'3" CB/Freshmen All-American). We will target Delahoussaye (5'10" CB) and the middle of the field. Linebackers are close to the worst in FCS, which is why they recruited that position hard in the offseason. Should be able to rush up and down the field on the defense.

Lots of speed on offense (Larvadain can fly) but they're replacing their QB (lead rusher), top WR, & both TE's. CJ5 was the backup last season. He can run but I don't think I saw him complete a single pass in the games I watched. You'll see lots of 5 wide with quick passes then a shot deep. On the goal line, look for the naked boot throwing to either weak side TE or TE that goes in motion (Both big TE's they used last year are gone).

Yes, it's ok for fans to overlook this game due to the amount of firepower SLU lost on offense. We all know the team will be focused.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Is there any chance we can block anything with Napier’s name attached to it? I’m so sick of seeing it. This ain’t the university of Billy Napier.
    I personally don't have an issue with Billy Napier or how he left. We were hoping to get to the place he led this program to for my entire life. I understand what you are saying and don't necessarily disagree. However, the best way to make everyone put Napier in the rearview mirror will be for the program to continue with the success that he established here. At the end of this season (and possibly next) if the Cajuns are playing for another Conference Championship and win 8-9 games, I think the national spotlight will quickly shift from Napier to Dez.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I personally don't have an issue with Billy Napier or how he left. We were hoping to get to the place he led this program to for my entire life. I understand what you are saying and don't necessarily disagree. However, the best way to make everyone put Napier in the rearview mirror will be for the program to continue with the success that he established here. At the end of this season (and possibly next) if the Cajuns are playing for another Conference Championship and win 8-9 games, I think the national spotlight will quickly shift from Napier to Dez.
    Not just Des, but the RAGIN CAJUNS as the new team to watch for!

(written in my best chear leader outfit!)

I have us at 13-1 with only a field goal loss to FSU.

We will be just fine. I think the coaches will coach the players and every one of the players and coaches are going to give the best they have. Will we continue like we have the last 2 years....? Maybe. Maybe not. My attitude was enjoy the ride while you can because it can't last forever. The only thing I complained about the last few years was the loud PAssystem. I didn't care about how many people were there or not there, the look of the press box, the band, the cheerleader, the dance team. All that was immaterial to me because we were winning. And that's all that counts.

It’s funny how easy it is to win games when we aren’t players or coaches.
    Not sure it’s safe to overlook anyone. Games we should win versus games we will win are not the same. Last year was fun but without some amazing and really fortunate plays could have been really different. I’ll do my usual. Pray.

8. Default Re: How will Louisiana football do in its first year without Billy Napier?

Think of it this way… If the Napier era never happens and we’re transitioning from Hud to Des with this roster and this schedule, We’d all think we were going undefeated. And would be optimistic af.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZeebart21 View Post
    F/around and find out.

Z
    I Iike your style, Z!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Successive Egyptian Pharoahs agree with your setiments.

Look the only way to make people forget is to win and win big going forward.
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Lots of talent in the secondary. Look for us not to try & throw in Zy's direction (6'3" CB/Freshmen All-American). We will target Delahoussaye (5'10" CB) and the middle of the field. Linebackers are close to the worst in FCS, which is why they recruited that position hard in the offseason. Should be able to rush up and down the field on the defense.

Lots of speed on offense (Larvadain can fly) but they're replacing their QB (lead rusher), top WR, & both TE's. CJ5 was the backup last season. He can run but I don't think I saw him complete a single pass in the games I watched. You'll see lots of 5 wide with quick passes then a shot deep. On the goal line, look for the naked boot throwing to either weak side TE or TE that goes in motion (Both big TE's they used last year are gone).

Yes, it's ok for fans to overlook this game due to the amount of firepower SLU lost on offense. We all know the team will be focused.
    Thanks for the breakdown

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Ditto: Very well stated. Everything else is icing on a very sweet cake.

13. Default Re: How will Louisiana football do in its first year without Billy Napier?

Anything less than 10 wins gets zero respect statewide, and certainly regional and national. It’s the SBC not SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Anything less than 10 wins gets zero respect statewide, and certainly regional and national. It’s the SBC not SEC.
    Yes, but we are an SBC team, not SEC.

15. Default Re: How will Louisiana football do in its first year without Billy Napier?

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    Yes, but we are an SBC team, not SEC.
    Tell me about it.

No respect.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information