Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UL Fall Camp: The Race for QB1

1. UL Football UL Fall Camp: The Race for QB1

The race for Louisiana’s starting quarterback is neck and neck.

Chandler Fields and Ben Wooldridge are the front runners, and it could be either one of them starting on September 3rd.

Default Re: UL Fall Camp: The Race for QB1

Lets assume all things are even. Tie. Dead heat. Flip a coin. I got to go with the boy from Metry and the Catholic league from the NOLA area over the boy from No Cal. Just saying.

3. Default Re: UL Fall Camp: The Race for QB1

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Lets assume all things are even. Tie. Dead heat. Flip a coin. I got to go with the boy from Metry and the Catholic league from the NOLA area over the boy from No Cal. Just saying.
    Well CMD clearly states that they both have different assets and both can make all the throws. He further said both closed gap on the others strength. That’s about as dead even as you can get.

Most often a good big man beats a good little man in most sports. LL was an exceptionally quick individual both physically and mentally but still the height was a obstacle he had to deal with. Ultimately if both are photo finish I’d go with the bigger player as Fields doesn’t have LL quickness to overcome the height limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Well CMD clearly states that they both have different assets and both can make all the throws. He further said both closed gap on the others strength. That’s about as dead even as you can get.

Most often a good big man beats a good little man in most sports. LL was an exceptionally quick individual both physically and mentally but still the height was a obstacle he had to deal with. Ultimately if both are photo finish I’d go with the bigger player as Fields doesn’t have LL quickness to overcome the height limitations.
    If you are suggesting that the height will make him a better player then it isn't a toss up / coin flip, as I suggested. There would have to be enough good in Chandler to even out the size difference to make that it a wash to consider him over the 6'3" guy no doubt about that.

Tuebine can you start a poll asking board members who they think will be the starter at QB? Should be interesting.

I just don't want another Jordan Davis/Brooks Haack situation. Or QB by committee like back in the late 90's (Barton Folse, Derek Dyer, Lance Domec)

7. Default Re: UL Fall Camp: The Race for QB1

Well, they grow QBs in California. It's weird how the catholic league people think the catholic league is so much better. It isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    I just don't want another Jordan Davis/Brooks Haack situation. Or QB by committee like back in the late 90's (Barton Folse, Derek Dyer, Lance Domec)
    Des will stick with one guy.

I would've liked to see Chandler get his shot. But, I think in the end, Ben will get the nod.

10. Default Re: UL Fall Camp: The Race for QB1

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post

Fields may not have LL quickness but how does he compare in arm strength, accuracy, and anticipation?

11. Default Re: UL Fall Camp: The Race for QB1

A handler will get his chance on a short leash.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Well, they grow QBs in California. It's weird how the catholic league people think the catholic league is so much better. It isn't.
    It is really more about a Louisiana boy starting for Louisiana if all things equal. Chandler just happens to be from Metry and played Rummel. I would be saying the same thing if it were Hering, Chriss or Legendre competing against the No Cal native. If the No Cal native has the slightest edge the home grown thing goes out the door, just give me the best chance to win.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Tuebinecan you start a poll asking board members who they think will be the starter at QB? Should be interesting.
    Come in Turbine.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    If we are not better at QB than Folse, Dyer and Domec we are in trouble. If someone posses Jordan Davis' physical attributes but can learn and execute the offense I'll take that any day.

I’d love to know how much separation there is between Chanler / Ben and the guy who would be perceived to be next after those 2? Is it a huge gap? Is that gap shrinking any?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information