Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Athletics Unveils Stunning Renovations to Historic Earl K. Long Gymnasium

Default Re: The All New Earl K. Long

was anything done to help the acoustics, like a fabric wall or something?

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I had a chance today to go to Earl K. Long as the volleyball team got to see the remodeled facility for the first time.

In case you were unaware, women's basketball offices were moved out of EKL to make the historic facility a volleyball only facility.

The second floor has a meeting room, film room, study room, and players lounge (with foosball, pool, darts and shuffleboard.)

Downstairs it's a newly remodeled locker room, restrooms and showers.

The court itself looks amazing.

The response from the young women was priceless.

Donors are getting a tour today and then photos and video will be released on social media so you can get a look.

Coach Gray was pretty emotional when she saw the reaction of her team. It was really special.
    Great for volleyball. It does mean MBB now has to share the Moncla basketball practice court with WBB. Still probably a good move from the overall athletic program standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Hopefully his gym was in better shape than his Bridge in LC
    You lost me on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    You lost me on that one.
    The 1-10 bridge in lake charles got a 3 out of 10 safety score. If you read the plaque on the bridge it says commissioned by E.K long

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Great for volleyball. It does mean MBB now has to share the Moncla basketball practice court with WBB. Still probably a good move from the overall athletic program standpoint.
    Yep. Somewhat curious that we now split the indoor practice facility court. Hopefully, there are plans to build the men and women their basketball practice facilities.

At most a practice court is used 4 hours a day per team.

I don’t think it’s unrealistic to have two teams
    Use the same court.

Nothing says the men and women have to use the court at the same time,
    Or have practice timeS cut short because they share a facility

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    At most a practice court is used 4 hours a day per team.

I don’t think it’s unrealistic to have two teams
    Use the same court.

Nothing says the men and women have to use the court at the same time,
    Or have practice timeS cut short because they share a facility
    I think that's exactly what will happen. What happens if a kid wants to stay up and get extra shots after practice? Where do they go? Have to clear the gym because the other team now has the gym.

It's not insurmountable. But certainly not ideal for the basketball programs. I guess they are building the women's team a locker room in the facility?

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    I think that's exactly what will happen. What happens if a kid wants to stay up and get extra shots after practice? Where do they go? Have to clear the gym because the other team now has the gym.

It's not insurmountable. But certainly not ideal for the basketball programs. I guess they are building the women's team a locker room in the facility?
    Where are the practice options?

9. Default Re: The All New Earl K. Long

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Where are the practice options?
    …Question…where will the ladies locker room be?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …Question…where will the ladies locker room be?
    Giggity?

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post

The room in the indoor facility Previously used by men for film study is what I believe will become the women’s locker room. I think film study will now be held at the CajunDome. An inconvenience sure but not a major factor. Also, regular practice time won’t be cut short for either team. There are enough hours in the day plan for that. As far as Players wanting to worK on their own having court availability, I don’t know if that will be impacted. Another option to help the situation is to have the court down more frequently in the Dome. However thAt comes with a cost. During the season it probably won’t be a big deal as the teams can alto practice in the Dome and the indoor.

Quote Originally Posted by STLMOCAJUN View Post
    Well, enjoyed watching their reaction, and at least a glimpse of the new court, but looking forward to seeing a lot more of all that was done.

But, But, But.Black is not a school color.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    But, But, But.Black is not a school color.
    Black? What about all that gray? Lol. I was sure someone would point that out.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information