Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Soccer Opening Week

Default Re: Women's Soccer Opening Week

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Correct he was average at best.
    When it comes to all UL women’s coaches other than SB, think your statement pretty much sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    When it comes to all UL women’s coaches other than SB, think your statement pretty much sums it up.
    I think Gray will be a rising star with VB in due time.

Well, while we swim in "meh" and put down the brokebacks, at least they've made the NCAA tournament one time...not to mention Northwestern State 3 times, and SLU 4.

5-0 exhibition win against Southern. Was my first game with my kiddo and we will be going back. Bigger crowd than I was expecting. Our AD was in attendance as well as some of the football players (including Ben Woolridge). Cool to see the support from other student-athletes.

For those that don't know, free attendance to all games and there's concessions. I know we bring up costs a lot with other programs, but this is definitely an easy and low-cost outing to bring the family to.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post

Taking my daughter to her (and my) first women's soccer match this week. Never realized how cool the Louisiana soccer crest logo was, would love to get one in sticker form.
    That new logo is awesome. Why can't it be used for all sports?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    That new logo is awesome. Why can't it be used for all sports?
    Because it is typical of a crest type logo that many soccer teams use.

7. Default Re: Women's Soccer Opening Week

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    I think Coach Key was a good coach and a good person. But over his career he lost more games than he won in conference. He was 6-10-3 last year. And last year we played McNeese in an exhibition match and guess what? We tied.

Maybe we should give the new coach more than one exhibition game.
    He made it to the Sun Belt Semifinals back to back years and won the most games in school history with a winning record. They had not won a sun belt postseason game before that. The last season he played 4 nationally ranked opponents and 4 power five opponents.

I'd say the new coach is working with a little more than what Lance had to work with in taking over a program that had 3 wins.

8. Default Re: Women's Soccer Opening Week

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I think the crest is new.
    Ryan Benoit, our previous Director of Digital Strategy, and Coach Key designed it.

9. Default Re: Women's Soccer Opening Week

Quote Originally Posted by cajuntruth View Post
    He made it to the Sun Belt Semifinals back to back years and won the most games in school history with a winning record. They had not won a sun belt postseason game before that. The last season he played 4 nationally ranked opponents and 4 power five opponents.

I'd say the new coach is working with a little more than what Lance had to work with in taking over a program that had 3 wins.
    Cawe get him back?

Just to do scheduling for soccer, football and basketball.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information