Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer of 2022: Unprecedented media silence

1. Default Summer of 2022: Unprecedented media silence

KATC is the only news outlet with recent Louisiana Athletics content. A story about the offensive line.

Today is Sunday August 7th
    First day of practice was Friday August 5th.

No content since
    RaginCajuns.com July 29 (Grant in Aid)
    KLFY. com Aug. 4th (Maggard)
    TheAdvocate.com Aug. 5 (Next QB)
    The Advertiser. com Aug. 4th (New Chapter)

It is unthinkable that RaginCajuns.com would be silent since July 29. There are no publishing deadlines. Digital content can go up any time.

When the legal publisher of record goes silent, it never happened.

2. Default Re: Unprecedented Silence

Is it really silence if the tree falls in the woods?

3. Default Re: Unprecedented Silence

I've been curating stories every day for 20-years.

I can see the forest for the trees.

Diversion sites like Twitter don't build excitement. As soon as you read a UL tweet, a diversion tweet takes you to a non-Louisiana topic.

This will not help football attendance or build excitement. Desormeaux deserves better than this.

4. Default Re: Unprecedented Silence

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I've been curating stories every day for 20-years.

I can see the forest for the trees.

Diversion sites like Twitter don't build excitement. As soon as you read a UL tweet, a diversion tweet takes you to a non-Louisiana topic.

This will not help football attendance or build excitement. Desormeaux deserves better than this.
    U”ll get used to it . . .

Default Re: Unprecedented media silence

Daily training camp written stories have some value, but after the most diehard it becomes mostly drivel.

"The Cajuns had practice in shells on Friday and in the 15 periods they worked on blah blah blah."

"It was a great first day" coach Mike Desormeaux said. I liked the way we flew around and our enthusiasm.

Now that you've read that, there's not much else.

You can SEE that on FB, twitter and instagram.

Bash social media if you must, but that's where everything is headed.

6. Default Re: Unprecedented media silence

Social media done right would have all the frontal lobe fluff it has now, but should always point to the mother ship RaginCajuns.com for the hippocampus.

Right now RaginCajuns.com is dead.

Is it too much to ask about UL putting something like this out... gives you information about players at practice with quotes and names and what/how practice is going.... https://appstatesports.com/news/2022...ening-day.aspx

Yes, it's App... just to show how a peer school goes about its business....

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Social media done right would have all the frontal lobe fluff it has now, but should always point to the mother ship RaginCajuns.com for the hippocampus.

Right now RaginCajuns.com is dead.
    That is why this site has become the only UL site worth following, Therefore, it would make sense that anyone who is in the media who wants their story read & critiqued would WANT to post it right here. I believe you have a full time job besides running this site Turbine. And you can inform me otherwise if so. But you are the only one who has grinded day, after day, after day for years putting yourself & your site out as the only "go to" for all things UL.

Every media outlet that covers UL sports ought to be thanking you for giving them a place to put their information & making an effort to place that information where they know most UL fans would be most likely to receive that information & process it. I couldn't give two farts about twitter & instagram & all the crap posted there. But I would click over in a second & have clicked to the info posted there that is linked here. The fact is this site whether by defacto lack of influence, or just one man's hard work has earned the right to be considered THE SITE for ALL things UL, especially sports related. And its high time every media person in this area respects that & posts accordingly, for their own good as well as the good of the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    That is why this site has become the only UL site worth following, Therefore, it would make sense that anyone who is in the media who wants their story read & critiqued would WANT to post it right here. I believe you have a full time job besides running this site Turbine. And you can inform me otherwise if so. But you are the only one who has grinded day, after day, after day for years putting yourself & your site out as the only "go to" for all things UL.

Every media outlet that covers UL sports ought to be thanking you for giving them a place to put their information & making an effort to place that information where they know most UL fans would be most likely to receive that information & process it. I couldn't give two farts about twitter & instagram & all the crap posted there. But I would click over in a second & have clicked to the info posted there that is linked here. The fact is this site whether by defacto lack of influence, or just one man's hard work has earned the right to be considered THE SITE for ALL things UL, especially sports related. And its high time every media person in this area respects that & posts accordingly, for their own good as well as the good of the program.
    RP is not even close to the only site to get UL information. Even Turbine would tell you that.

11. Default Re: Unprecedented media silence

Mr. Diaz has a thing for LSU. Cajuns are an afterthought.

The Advocate story on the QB competition is in today's hard copy edition. All of the social media coverage should be linked on the athletics website. That goes for Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. If anyone in the administration is looking at this thread, I suggest looking into what would be involved in making those links available on ragincajuns.com. Lots of good publicity on the social media sites in recent days. However, many still use old fashioned media vs the social media aspect.

13. Default Re: Unprecedented media silence

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    RP is not even close to the only site to get UL information. Even Turbine would tell you that.
    I recommend ragin review and we’re talk in’ podcasts.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I recommend ragin review and we’re talk in’ podcasts.
    Yes sir. Hopefully the RR guys can have you over on the pod giving football insite. Your opponent breakdowns are the best. BWK needs to get with the program.

15. Default Re: Unprecedented media silence

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post

The last time there was a story written by media relations on the first day of practice was 2019.
    Everyone got a Covid pass in 2020 and 2021

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information