Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Summer of 2022: Unprecedented media silence

Default Re: Unprecedented media silence

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Have they interviewed any UL coaches or players? No they haven't so it's not just the RR guys that aren't being granted interviews.
    Napier was on the Jordy culotta podcast couple times . Well after culotta was fired from radio.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Napier was on the Jordy culotta podcast couple times . Well after culotta was fired from radio.
    Pat McAfee and Jim Rome had Napier on while he was at UL.

3. Default Re: Unprecedented media silence

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    The communications policy is outdated, inconsistent, and purposely vague. And it’s like that on purpose.

4. Default Re: Unprecedented media silence

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Daily training camp written stories have some value, but after the most diehard it becomes mostly drivel.

"The Cajuns had practice in shells on Friday and in the 15 periods they worked on blah blah blah."

"It was a great first day" coach Mike Desormeaux said. I liked the way we flew around and our enthusiasm.

Now that you've read that, there's not much else.

You can SEE that on FB, twitter and instagram.

Bash social media if you must, but that's where everything is headed.
    Jay, I see multiple channels in NOLA carrying some LSUA&M news every day. That’s four locals mornings, afternoons, and late night. Them, the Saints and occasionally a Lamer report.

You’d expect a similar thing in Lafayette. Oh wait! They are exactly like NOLA, LSUA&M, Saints, and an occasional UL.

5. Default Re: Unprecedented media silence

So RaginCajuns.com has broken the fan boycott silence.

They went from July 28th to August 10th without a football story.

https://forumeus.com/showthread.php/...-Running-Backs

I used to do sports radio and it is very time consuming to get interviews plus being your own edit crew takes time.

7. Default Re: Summer of 2022: Unprecedented media silence

I hope the summer of 2023 sees a lot more football stories on Louisiana Athletics and from Louisiana Athletics.

The silence last summer really hurt football attendance.

And resurrecting the RSS feed would be Priority Two, it's the only way national media will ever cover Louisiana consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The communications policy is outdated, inconsistent, and purposely vague. And it’s like that on purpose.
    Des' personality appears more like Napier than Hud. Napier did well winning, but never excited the fan base as he was very low key with the public. That's OK at Florida but not here. Hud, on the other hand, had the whole community excited. Tailgating was at its best. Since HUD's departure and despite winning, everything dropped off in attendance and once great tailgating. I like Des as a coach and expect him to be very successful. But, I wish he would do more promotions to excite the fan base and help restore game day atmosphere. Winning alone didn't do it for Napier and will not likely do it for Des.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Des' personality appears more like Napier than Hud. Napier did well winning, but never excited the fan base as he was very low key with the public. That's OK at Florida but not here. Hud, on the other hand, had the whole community excited. Tailgating was at its best. Since HUD's departure and despite winning, everything dropped off in attendance and once great tailgating. I like Des as a coach and expect him to be very successful. But, I wish he would do more promotions to excite the fan base and help restore game day atmosphere. Winning alone didn't do it for Napier and will not likely do it for Des.
    Agree 1000%

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Right. We need engagement. Any way they can muster it. Even passive engagement.

Gordon has got the right idea with radio, TV and billboards. There is no were around town that you can escape it. I know because I see it and my small kids won't stop commenting on it when they see an add. They sing the song from the radio.

I'd love to see Ragin Cajuns all around the Acadiana area just in your face. Especially on campus getting the students excited about the Cajuns and telling them about the successes we've had recently and historically.

I saw 3 different USM billboards on the way home from Florida last week. A couple in Florida itself. I applauded them for that.

Default Re: Summer of 2022: Unprecedented media silence

USM also has electronic billboards on I 10 in Baton Rouge.

I don't disagree with the engagement I am just not sure Des is the guy for that. NIL has changed the game for head coaches, they have so much more to worry about now than x and o's and getting butts in the seats. They have to worry about transfers, portals, keeping rosters together, moral, boosters, raising money etc etc etc......in all honestly they have to worry way more about the players than fans at this point. Head college football coaches will be shifting more to NFL style coaches.

It will be up to the our admin unfortunately to get butts back in the seats....

13. Default Re: Summer of 2022: Unprecedented media silence

Let’s see how this plays out. One thing that Dr Fun has said repeatedly identifies the major difference between the observations we experience on a message board and reality as to what exactly is going on . . . even he admits that there are many, many, many things going on behind the scenes with our president and the university that we know nothing about that he wonders how the president gets done what he gets done . . . I suspect it is the same with our head football coach as well as all those in charge of actual game day experience . . . Surely we know that the fan identification of each and every thing discussed here is before each of them in charge . . . Surely we can’t believe that they actually want there to be any of the deficiencies identified . . . Thus the only logical conclusion can be that things are not going the way message board posters want it to go are resulting from things not within the knowledge of a message poster and which the parties in charge are not at Liberty to disclose for one good reason or another . . .

Our job is to support, give, attend, watch on Tv . . . let’s do our job and see if it makes a measurable difference in them doing their job . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    I don't disagree with the engagement I am just not sure Des is the guy for that. NIL has changed the game for head coaches, they have so much more to worry about now than x and o's and getting butts in the seats. They have to worry about transfers, portals, keeping rosters together, moral, boosters, raising money etc etc etc......in all honestly they have to worry way more about the players than fans at this point. Head college football coaches will be shifting more to NFL style coaches.

It will be up to the our admin unfortunately to get butts back in the seats....
    Agreed, we need a mouthpiece for the program. Basically what Hud did so well. Mike doesn’t need to be the guy for that, but we need to have a guy for that.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Agreed, we need a mouthpiece for the program. Basically what Hud did so well. Mike doesn’t need to be the guy for that, but we need to have a guy for that.
    Well, he IS the head coach. It’s his responsibility. The “guy for that” is the head coach.

Cannot continue basically in the “Invisible Man” mode.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information