Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Summer of 2022: Unprecedented media silence

Default Re: Unprecedented media silence

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Apparently you haven't listened to any of the RR pods. The list of guest are impressive.
    Nope. Only know the reputation from here on RP. I have heard one or 2 but don’t recall guest. I know the slogan is by the fans for the fans. I am sure the University doesn’t see that as legitimate media in which to send their coaches to be interviewed. I did listen to Jay and coach last night and found that to be very good and informative.

2. Default Re: Unprecedented media silence

I've listened to every single RR episode published to Pod and MAT has been nothing but respectful to any guest they have had on.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I've listened to every single RR episode published to Pod and MAT has been nothing but respectful to any guest they have had on.
    MAT, Gerry, Nick and even Miguez have all treated guess like first class folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    Nope. Only know the reputation from here on RP. I have heard one or 2 but don’t recall guest. I know the slogan is by the fans for the fans. I am sure the University doesn’t see that as legitimate media in which to send their coaches to be interviewed. I did listen to Jay and coach last night and found that to be very good and informative.
    Maybe you should listen before knocking them and agreeing with others folks who never listen to them.

Maybe you should listen before knocking them and agreeing with others folks who never listen to them.

Hey look I am sure it is a very good pod cast done by a few armature fans. Great for them. I don’t think our D1 football coach needs to be going on a fans PodCast. That would look like very small timing things. Our coach needs to stick to real credentialed media like the big time programs do.

6. Default Re: Unprecedented media silence

I was credentialed radio media for 20+ years, and credentialed internet media for 8 years after that.

Then during the David Walker/Scott Farmer era non real names became an excuse to pull credentials.

The humor in that stance was and still is the fact that not one of the people I worked with in radio throughout the 1980s and 1990s used their real name.

Hey look I am sure it is a very good pod cast done by a few armature fans. Great for them. I don’t think our D1 football coach needs to be going on a fans PodCast. That would look like very small timing things. Our coach needs to stick to real credentialed media like the big time programs do.
    What real media exist in Lafayette?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I was credentialed radio media for 20+ years, and credentialed internet media for 8 years after that.

Then during the David Walker/Scott Farmer era non real names became an excuse to pull credentials.

The humor in that stance was and still is the fact that not one of the people I worked with in radio throughout the 1980s and 1990s used their real name.
    Thanks for not giving up the names to everyone's RP handle. In Turbine we trust.

UL AD has been his guest plenty of times.

UL AD has been his guest plenty of times.

Do they archive I will see if I can find it and listen to it?

Just ask to be on the show as a guest.

12. Default Re: Unprecedented media silence

We do. Approaching over 50k listens. Social media traffic that almost doubles the official sites.

Keep smacking those gums. You look even dumber then usual.

So if a UL coach going on the school’s most popular fan podcast would be “small timing things,” what does that say about the likes of Kendall Rogers, Adam Amin, Tim Brando, Phil Steele, Chris Vannini, and Emory Hunt?

Head coaches go on fan podcasts all the time. Look no further than some of our conference members.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    We do. Approaching over 50k listens. Social media traffic that almost doubles the official sites.

Keep smacking those gums. You look even dumber then usual.
    You ever go on you tube & that number will prolly double over night. Just saying

15. Default Re: Unprecedented media silence

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    You ever go on you tube & that number will prolly double over night. Just saying
    It’s in the works..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information