Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Didn't the Cajuns start practice Friday ?

Default Re: Didn't the Cajuns start practice Friday ?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    BWK football and basketball have never been on a weak AM station only.
    KPEL AM the blow torch of the central Lafayette almost to Scott area 25 watt station of power. A fricking hair dryer broadcasts with more power.

2. Default Re: Didn't the Cajuns start practice Friday ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Why don't you just start by giving internet lessons then? If it aint on the first page of google, or RP with a link, then I'm not wasting my time. I don't search the dark net. I don't give out personal information of any kind & sign up for stupid passwords which have to have at least twelve characters, a small letter, a capitol letter, a number & a punctuation mark that I know for a fact I won't remember 5 minutes from now. You on the other hand are anal retentive enough to like that kind of crap. But get this most people, men in particular can't stand that kind of S T U F F!

So, since the rest of the world seems to get that every team in sports has pretty much had one site win the info wars for that particular fan base. It appears that pretty much everywhere on this planet that the smart programs & their media departments are allowing the most dominant, most alpha site to carry links whereby most people don't have to be computer geeks to obtain sports stories. For the Ragin Cajuns fan base, that site is this one. And don't try to dress me down because you're talking to the whole fricking congregation. So don't be a Jay Walker.
    You know how many sites for Cajun information I need a password for. Exactly 1. This one.

3. Default Re: Didn't the Cajuns start practice Friday ?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    You know how many sites for Cajun information I need a password for. Exactly 1. This one.
    Sorry I guess that might be a few more if you count FB and twitter and if some are people are on instagram. But most of my information comes from free sites with no passwords.

4. Default Re: Didn't the Cajuns start practice Friday ?

KPEL AM the blow torch of the central Lafayette almost to Scott area 25 watt station of power. A fricking hair dryer broadcasts with more power.
    ……Yea but it goes a long way to the South….Maurice on a good night……my pet peeve forever!

5. Default Re: Didn't the Cajuns start practice Friday ?

So here is my 1st internet lesson. If you are on any social media platform, Facebook, twitter or instagram. Follow a couple of sites/people. UL coaches and players for 1. Follow local news outlets #2 newspapers, radio and tv. #3 follow all Cajun sports from football to golf. #4 follow people you know that support the Cajuns and businesses as well. #5 follow the sunbelt conference. #6 follow other sunbelt teams and news outlets. #7 follow G5 football. #8 follow ragin review and other podcasts. Etc etc etc.

I could go on and on. But this is only step 1 in getting UL information. There are tons of sites, free sites I use to get UL and SBC information.

Next to Cajun Vic, you are by far the 2nd biggest hemorrhoid on this site. have a nice day.
    Your hemorrhoids are caused by your steriods. Get off of them.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    You are a TURD

I feel like BWK was meant for Twitter. BWK, Twitter is by far the best "social media" app to make an account on and follow topics that interest you. I have an account purely to keep up with Cajuns, Saints, etc. and I'm a passive follower (never comment/reply/retweet).

Just create an account, follow a few pages to get started, and they will begin to share tweets from accounts you may or may not like based on your previous follows.

In this thread alone, we have gone from the Cajuns practice schedule to the lack of local coverage to social media outlets to hemorrhoids.

I guess my two month decompression period from Cajuns Athletics is officially over. It’s good to be back.

Foodball is on 107.9 FM which goes to New Orleans. Basketball is on 96.5 FM now which goes to Baton Rouge. Baseball weekend games are also on 96.5. Both stations available all over the world via streaming.

I don't see where anything I said would be construed as blaming the fans, but you do you.

But the fact you rip on the signal strength of KPEL and ignore the fact you can listen to it anywhere in the world on the app tells me you're whining for the sake of whining.

Unless you only have a flip phone.

The minions who responded to you are correct. It's relatively easy to find info on the Cajuns. But again, you say you're not going to search the internet.

My guess is there isn't anyone who is going to gather the info and send it to you in a private email.

Through the use of social media, Louisiana athletics is reaching far more people than just the website ever did. It's critical to the success. Sorry if you don't like that or don't understand it.

Oh, and for those who lament there was no story on the first day of practice, you're a little late to the party.

The last time there was a story written by media relations on the first day of practice was 2019.

12. Default Re: Didn't the Cajuns start practice Friday ?

It is clear that the old way (radio/newspapers, etc) of getting UL athletic information is going to disappear over the coarse of time. Some of us that were used to this method in the past need to figure it out. If you want to keep up with any of your favorite sports teams in the future it is going to be through other avenues like FB, Instagram, Twitter or whatever new social media site exists in the future. IF you are not going to adapt with the times, you and about 10 people will be reading the local newspaper in your town and about 12 people and yourself will listen to local terrestrial radio as time goes on. Complaining that you can not find information is because you refuse to try to find it. Old time radio and print media are going to disappear over time and if you are not listening to podcasts, following social media or doing your own research then sorry for you but you will miss out on some good information.

I am going to be 53 years old and had to learn to adapt. If I were just listening to local radio and reading local papers I would not be able to breakdown the Cajun opponents like I do. I have to search other sites and find the information and their are tons of cool sites to do this on.

Ourlads.com for depth Charts
    Philsteele.com for information
    G5gurus.com for information
    donbest.com for injuries and point spreads
    massyratings.com, warrennolan.com, cbssportsline.com and others for rankings
    youtube.com for older games and podcasts on teams and conferences

and on and on and on.

I am sorry if you want to listen to ESPNLafayette and the Daily Advertiser for your complete coverage of the Cajuns, if these are your only sources you are going to be sadly disappointed.

Geaux Cajuns!!!!!

13. Default Re: Didn't the Cajuns start practice Friday ?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I’m shocked that I am not in his top 2. Good work being ahead of me.

But I am sure he will say it is because my _____ is small and he doesn’t count me because of that.

But I am sure he will say it is because my _____ is small and he doesn’t count me because of that.
    LOL

He doesn't bother me. I hit him with the facts and he disappeared.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information