Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Didn't the Cajuns start practice Friday ?

Default Re: Didn't the Cajuns start practice Friday ?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Does anyone know when the practices are this weekend? Wouldn't it be cool if a bunch of fans showed up and tried to get in to watch? Enough people for the coaches and the team notice staff trying to turn away fans wanting to watch them practice. If you were a coach or a player and saw this.....how would that make you feel? Wouldn't that fire you up. We wouldn't need to get in.....just show them that we want to. Who else would be down for this?
    Practices are at 6:30 every day

I think part of the issue with some of you is you want your info the way you've always gotten it.

Here's reality: Most coverage today is on social media. The TV stations post on their website and social media. The two radio stations publish on their website and social media. When I do podcasts, they are on ragincajuns.com and social media.

What's the consistent term here? That's right. Social media.

Facebook, instagram and twitter are the best sources now, not only for UL but for just about everyone else in the G5 and a lot of the P5.

Continue to ignore that if you must, but don't complain about lack of coverage.

3. Default Re: Didn't the Cajuns start practice Friday ?

Social media reporting is fine but it's like a dog chasing its tail. He will have a blast doing it but will never remember the moment.

MySpace one year, Facebook the next, YouTube the next, Twitter the next, back to Facebook, over to TocToc, up to Instagram, wait, TicToc has long form?

Meanwhile have fun trying to retrieve a solid narritive of events years later.

6. Default Re: Didn't the Cajuns start practice Friday ?

…..So why no Cajuns with this type of coverage? Jay, is there a reason why they can and we can’t/don’t……asking from A money, staff, or preference point?

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I think part of the issue with some of you is you want your info the way you've always gotten it.

Here's reality: Most coverage today is on social media. The TV stations post on their website and social media. The two radio stations publish on their website and social media. When I do podcasts, they are on ragincajuns.com and social media.

What's the consistent term here? That's right. Social media.

Facebook, instagram and twitter are the best sources now, not only for UL but for just about everyone else in the G5 and a lot of the P5.

Continue to ignore that if you must, but don't complain about lack of coverage.
    Jimminy Christmas Jay, you're gonna make me get accused of beating up on you & disrespecting you again. But once again this post screams blame the fans. Let me ask you something Jay. Are the fans the reason why for years UL played it's sports broadcasts on the weakest AM station probably in the whole state? Now that that problem is finally solved somewhat, you tell the fans how if they want UL news they have to search for it on about a dozen different platforms that have all kinds of crappy ass ways of trying to fish people's personal info from them for all kinds of nefarious reasons, none of which are good. And if people refuse to do that, then they don't deserve to be a UL fan, or at least an informed one?

I can go to one site & find a link & lead to just about any story on the Saints. I cam go to one link & find just about any story about anything concerning LSU. I can do the same with Texas, or Oklahoma state etc. I can go to you tube & get massive copious amounts of information on the university of Florida. But I can barely get a single thing about UL. You have to develop a fan base & make it easy for them to access information from you if you are selling a product. blaming fans for not having another crappy app on their phone that doesn't work half the time, or wastes half their time isn't a good answer. Every single television & radio station in the Lafayette area knows about this site right here. Why are they not posting pertinent UL stories on this site with links to the source? UL fans need a place, not 14 places, but one place they can go to begin their treasure hunt. Then they take the flight from that place to wherever the source is & click their way through all of the click baits to get the rest of the story. What's the alternative? UL manages to do with the internet what it has done with the radio waves for 50 years. They manage to make themselves barely visible, small & insignificant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Jimminy Christmas Jay, you're gonna make me get accused of beating up on you & disrespecting you again. But once again this post screams blame the fans. Let me ask you something Jay. Are the fans the reason why for years UL played it's sports broadcasts on the weakest AM station probably in the whole state? Now that that problem is finally solved somewhat, you tell the fans how if they want UL news they have to search for it on about a dozen different platforms that have all kinds of crappy ass ways of trying to fish people's personal info from them for all kinds of nefarious reasons, none of which are good. And if people refuse to do that, then they don't deserve to be a UL fan, or at least an informed one?

I can go to one site & find a link & lead to just about any story on the Saints. I cam go to one link & find just about any story about anything concerning LSU. I can do the same with Texas, or Oklahoma state etc. I can go to you tube & get massive copious amounts of information on the university of Florida. But I can barely get a single thing about UL. You have to develop a fan base & make it easy for them to access information from you if you are selling a product. blaming fans for not having another crappy app on their phone that doesn't work half the time, or wastes half their time isn't a good answer. Every single television & radio station in the Lafayette area knows about this site right here. Why are they not posting pertinent UL stories on this site with links to the source? UL fans need a place, not 14 places, but one place they can go to begin their treasure hunt. Then they take the flight from that place to wherever the source is & click their way through all of the click baits to get the rest of the story. What's the alternative? UL manages to do with the internet what it has done with the radio waves for 50 years. They manage to make themselves barely visible, small & insignificant.
    BWK football and basketball have never been on a weak AM station only.

9. Default Re: Didn't the Cajuns start practice Friday ?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    BWK football and basketball have never been on a weak AM station only.
    That is a true statement starting in the late 1970s

My app works every single time.

11. Default Re: Didn't the Cajuns start practice Friday ?

It really ain’t that hard to find coverage of the Cajuns if you have half a brain. Is it all on one site or station. No. But it is easy to find coverage. You just have to know how to work the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    It really ain’t that hard to find coverage of the Cajuns if you have half a brain. Is it all on one site or station. No. But it is easy to find coverage. You just have to know how to work the internet.

Why don't you just start by giving internet lessons then? If it aint on the first page of google, or RP with a link, then I'm not wasting my time. I don't search the dark net. I don't give out personal information of any kind & sign up for stupid passwords which have to have at least twelve characters, a small letter, a capitol letter, a number & a punctuation mark that I know for a fact I won't remember 5 minutes from now. You on the other hand are anal retentive enough to like that kind of crap. But get this most people, men in particular can't stand that kind of S T U F F!

So, since the rest of the world seems to get that every team in sports has pretty much had one site win the info wars for that particular fan base. It appears that pretty much everywhere on this planet that the smart programs & their media departments are allowing the most dominant, most alpha site to carry links whereby most people don't have to be computer geeks to obtain sports stories. For the Ragin Cajuns fan base, that site is this one. And don't try to dress me down because you're talking to the whole fricking congregation. So don't be a Jay Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    My app works every single time.
    Next to Cajun Vic, you are by far the 2nd biggest hemorrhoid on this site. have a nice day.

LOL. LOL. LOL

15. Default Re: Didn't the Cajuns start practice Friday ?

Next to Cajun Vic, you are by far the 2nd biggest hemorrhoid on this site. have a nice day.
    Only a true hemorrhoid would make a post like this. Of course on a short post like this, there is no chance it would have one thing correct.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information