Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Costco FB Tickets

Default Re: Costco FB Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Not on topic, but sort of related: I was in Academy in West Monroe Wednesday afternoon. Virtually all lsu&a&mc@br gear in the college section, but there was one rack of ULM gear. Absolutely nothing for the dog killers.
    I use to work up there a Brookshires in North Monroe had a big ULM s. Not a single item of ULM apparel .

Quote Originally Posted by Cantstandza View Post
    The academy in Lafayette is virtually the same. Only a couple racks of UL stuff. I guess it just doesn't sell.
    You raise a good point that is overlooked by most of us. These businesses are in business to make money, not be a cheerleader. Why should they offer UL gear if we don't buy it? I am guilty; I really only look at the Red Zone for UL gear. I just find it more to my liking.

If any of you shop in a place where you like their UL offerings, please post. I will definetly stop by.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    You raise a good point that is overlooked by most of us. These businesses are in business to make money, not be a cheerleader. Why should they offer UL gear if we don't buy it? I am guilty; I really only look at the Red Zone for UL gear. I just find it more to my liking.

If any of you shop in a place where you like their UL offerings, please post. I will definetly stop by.
    It’s pretty sad that Albertsons has a better selection than academy. At one time academy had a decent size selection but the product sucked. Then they moved and downsized the Cajun selection and upsized the lsu selection. The reason I bring this up is it all happened within the last two years. Arguably our 2 best years and lsu’s 2 worst years in a long long time.

4. Default Re: Costco FB Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Arguably our 2 best years and lsu’s 2 worst years in a long long time.
    If one thinks this has anything to do with it, please, please, for your own sake, don’t try your hand at any retail business.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post

The Red Zone has become really bad since B&N took it over. The selection is very poor and most things are way overpriced. It's a shame because it used to be really good.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    The Red Zone has become really bad since B&N took it over. The selection is very poor and most things are way overpriced. It's a shame because it used to be really good.
    Agreed, I keep going back only to be disappointed time after time.

Damn that sucks to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    If one thinks this has anything to do with it, please, please, for your own sake, don’t try your hand at any retail business.
    You’ve missed the point which isn’t surprising.

I called it.

People wonder why our attendance is so poor. We’re doing almost nothing to advertise and sell tickets to the community.

10. Default Re: Costco FB Tickets

You’ve missed the point which isn’t surprising.
    No, not really . . . Stay as far away from retail as you can.

It’s pretty sad that Albertsons has a better selection than academy. At one time academy had a decent size selection but the product sucked. Then they moved and downsized the Cajun selection and upsized the lsu selection. The reason I bring this up is it all happened within the last two years. Arguably our 2 best years and lsu’s 2 worst years in a long long time.
    I always look at Albertson’s @Congress/Ambassador first. The manager there is 1) a UL guy and 2) he ran the CC’s/LSU giveaway camper off Albertson’s lot when CCs parked it there in the promotional tour. We are loyal shoppers now, go there often just because of that.

If it has @Lafayette or hot wheels logo, I don’t buy.

Shocking as south Louisiana summer afternoon rain.

Either I’m missing it or the marketing program has gone into a shell. Admittedly, I hate social media, but I have not seen anything billboard wise or radio/tv as in the past. And we wonder why we can’t get 1/3 to 1/4 of the stadium sold out.

12. Default Re: Costco FB Tickets

... Arguably our 2 best years and lsu’s 2 worst years in a long long time.
    No arguably about it.

The difference is. LSU is a marketing machine while Louisiana hopes to market through osmosis.

To this day the Red Zone doesn't have a sign on Johnston Street.

To this day the Red Zone doesn't have a sign on the building.

I guarantee the LSU machine is pushing Academy to USE ALL their shelf space.

13. Default Re: Costco FB Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Cantstandza View Post
    The academy in Lafayette is virtually the same. Only a couple racks of UL stuff. I guess it just doesn't sell.
    Not necessarily. Lots of chains don’t have local input about merchandise. But yeah, maybe demand isn’t too great when they put in some of the cr?p. stuff

Why bother, just hit the Red Zone.... er.. if you can find it... agree with Turbine, its horrible that there is no signage.... USLing it again!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    No, not really . . . Stay as far away from retail as you can.
    Once again you’ve missed the point and so have your insults.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information