Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana's SuccessfUL 3-0 Puerto Rico Tour

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    The retention decision was made in late March. The opportunity to go to Puerto Rico was something that recently arose. In order for the players to get the benefit of this experience, the way to pay for it was concluded to be a payday game. Too late at this point to change the coaching decision. That would not be fair to the three recruits brought on board in the spring signing period. Next March, the staff decision will once again come up. I am pretty sure no buy out will be involved if a change is made at that point. With the situation as such, I don’t understand why anyone would want to deprive our athletes of what should be a great educational experience. Focus on this decision was mainly made for the benefit of the players, not the coaches.
    What about a decent opponent in the Cajun Dome for the benefit of the fans? We have been deprived of this type of experience for over a decade.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Puerto Rico Summer Tour

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Puerto Rico and Tobacco Plus don’t mix.. Trip going swimmingly
    Wow, her attacks look unnecessary. I agree completely embarrassing for the university. Is she always like this?

Love Brad’s response. I would like to hear the whole story from him.

UL Basketball Re: Ragin' Cajuns Puerto Rico Summer Tour

Attendance looks about the same as in the Cajun Dome. They should feel right at home

Viva Cajuns!

Just tuned in to see one of our guys get injured. Didn't get to see who it was.

Brown got pushed into Joe Charles leg. Looked pretty nasty. Hopefully not a serious injury.

Winner, winner! 85-81

Does anyone know the level of competition these PR teams are providing? I know they are “all stars” but that isn’t very telling. Are they professional players?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    She deleted several tweets that said he was just bitter about being fired. Many other personal attacks directed at him. That’s when he responded.

A very poor reflection of the Marlin regime. Especially considering he hasn’t accomplished much at all.
    I saw all the back and forth from Jennifer. She I a ____ starter. They can back up the U Haul and called the Realtor after the season.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Yes, it sounds like everyone who has posted in this thread so far except for you would rather see the money spent on this trip used to bring a quality opponent in the to the Cajun Dome.
    That tells me they are either uninformed or short sighted.

There's always been a belief that if you buy games it's going to be some team fans get all fired up about. It may have worked that way at one time, but not any more.

I don't know how much money the Cajuns are getting for the extra money game they scheduled. But it's not a big name school so I'm gonna guess about $60,000.

For that price, you'll get someone the caliber of Youngstown State to come to the Dome. Or maybe a decent school from the Big South.

Compare that to the extra practice, increased bonding time for chemistry and three games against solid competition. It's not even close.

And, again, while there's no guarantee, the last two times the Cajuns went out of the country to play extra games, they wound up winning a championship. (I think that's the goal, right).

In any case, they'll get a lot more out of this than they will paying a mid level team to come to the Dome.

Now, I totally agree our home non conference schedules are not good. And, I'm being nice. It's not going to be any better this year, either. But that's a different conversation.

Mike may be mostly alone in his opinion, but he's spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Does anyone know the level of competition these PR teams are providing? I know they are “all stars” but that isn’t very telling. Are they professional players?
    It’s a good question and not one that I have an answer to. But it’s my understanding we were told when we agreed to play that we probably wouldn’t win more than one game.

13. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Puerto Rico Summer Tour

I don't really care if a halfway decent outside team gets the fans riled up and motivated...

I just want their presence noted annually on the historical home resume.

With the money being spent here, opponent we would buy would not be anything to get excited about. As many have stated, casual fans are not coming to Dome at this time regardless of opponent. My view is that 3 games against other opponents At this stage will do more to develop the team than a SWAC or SLC opponent at home in November. That is all we could afford with money being spent on trip. I understand the viewpoint that the trip does more for the team than the fans. Let’s respectfully disagree. By the way, there are plenty of people that I know who agree the trip is best for the team at this stage. They simply don’t post.

Regardless of how the season turns out and who coaches the team next season, I doubt the Marlins are moving out of town.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information