Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana's SuccessfUL 3-0 Puerto Rico Tour

1. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    With the money being spent here, opponent we would buy would not be anything to get excited about. As many have stated, casual fans are not coming to Dome at this time regardless of opponent. My view is that 3 games against other opponents At this stage will do more to develop the team than a SWAC or SLC opponent at home in November. That is all we could afford with money being spent on trip. I understand the viewpoint that the trip does more for the team than the fans. Let’s respectfully disagree. By the way, there are plenty of people that I know who agree the trip is best for the team at this stage. They simply don’t post.
    With the 17 regular home game requirement put in place by the SBC (I think I read that) how many OOC road games can a team do in any given year?

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Puerto Rico Summer Tour

I watched most of the game today and I think the opponent was better than the one from yesterday. The Cajuns still did not convert the transition opportunities at the level they need to for consistent success and the game was sloppy for both teams at times, however not to the degree of yesterday. Good news is Jordan Brown dominated the game and his teammates actually made a point of getting him the ball. Very encouraging sign was he hit a high percentage of his free throws today. Jalen Dalcourt and Michael Thomas were the guys who hit big shots from the perimeter late in the game today. I don’t understand some of the calls I am seeing in 2 games and I don’t understand the Spanish announcers most of the time. Coach Marlin actually received a tech today. I don’t know the extent of the injury to Joe Charles. Unfortunate that it occurred with less than 30 seconds remaining. He and Jordan Brown were both going for an offensive rebound and he flipped completely over Jordan.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    With the 17 regular home game requirement put in place by the SBC (I think I read that) how many OOC road games can a team do in any given year?
    The SBC does not have a home game requirement at this time. Our Contract with Learfield calls for 14 home games. It is my understanding that requirement can occasionally be waived if both parties agree special circumstances call for said waiver. You are allowed 29 games per year unless you play in an MTE. I don’t know if the Asheville tournament is an MTE event but I don’t think so. Therefore we are likely to play 29 games.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    That tells me they are either uninformed or short sighted.

There's always been a belief that if you buy games it's going to be some team fans get all fired up about. It may have worked that way at one time, but not any more.

I don't know how much money the Cajuns are getting for the extra money game they scheduled. But it's not a big name school so I'm gonna guess about $60,000.

For that price, you'll get someone the caliber of Youngstown State to come to the Dome. Or maybe a decent school from the Big South.

Compare that to the extra practice, increased bonding time for chemistry and three games against solid competition. It's not even close.

And, again, while there's no guarantee, the last two times the Cajuns went out of the country to play extra games, they wound up winning a championship. (I think that's the goal, right).

In any case, they'll get a lot more out of this than they will paying a mid level team to come to the Dome.

Now, I totally agree our home non conference schedules are not good. And, I'm being nice. It's not going to be any better this year, either. But that's a different conversation.

Mike may be mostly alone in his opinion, but he's spot on.
    This year may be the exception. I’m all for the team growing together and having extra time to learn about each other. However, we need to do SOMETHING to get fans outside of the same group somewhat interested in the program. If I had to guess, I would say over 80% (I’m being generous) of the fan base that once followed the program has clocked out. And that part has more to do with our program than the external factor of what college basketball has become.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    This year may be the exception. I’m all for the team growing together and having extra time to learn about each other. However, we need to do SOMETHING to get fans outside of the same group somewhat interested in the program. If I had to guess, I would say over 80% (I’m being generous) of the fan base that once followed the program has clocked out. And that part has more to do with our program than the external factor of what college basketball has become.
    Only the Marlin Maffia remains and that is less than 20%.

6. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

The SBC does not have a home game requirement at this time. Our Contract with Learfield calls for 14 home games. It is my understanding that requirement can occasionally be waived if both parties agree special circumstances call for said waiver. You are allowed 29 games per year unless you play in an MTE. I don’t know if the Asheville tournament is an MTE event but I don’t think so. Therefore we are likely to play 29 games.
    I didn't get anything right.

Learfield not SBC
    14 not 17

After the mandatory SBC road games, how many Out of Conference road game opportunities does that leave in a normal season?

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    But it’s my understanding we were told when we agreed to play that we probably wouldn’t win more than one game.
    Well, hope the guys pull the third game and really shut that bravado down. But then again, the PR teams (supposedly semi pro) are 0 for 7 against Ruston, Charleston Southern and UL. Saw a post game picture of the Cajuns and the white team. We should of played pitch and catch down low with our bigs the entire game.

Normally wE can play as much as 15 to 17 road games depending if you play in an MTE or not. I guess if the Learfield 14 home game requirement was waived you could play more. Of course you can play less if you schedule more home games.

ONLY thing that can be done to increase enthusiasm for the program this season is to win a championship.

10. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

We can play as much as 15 to 17 road games depending if you play in an MTE or not. Of course you can play less if you schedule more home games.
    Thanks.

I'm trying to figure out how, many road games are available Out of Conference. (not counting MTE)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Thanks.

I'm trying to figure out how, many road games are available Out of Conference. (not counting MTE)
    15 in most years. 16 if 14 home game requirement is waived.

ONLY thing that can be done to increase enthusiasm for the program this season is to win a championship.
    I wouldn't say the ONLY way. I know it won't happen, but if one decision was made, it would bring some enthusiasm back.

13. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Puerto Rico Summer Tour

What do the girls average per game, in actual attendance? 400?

They had quadruple that when LSU came to town.

Don't tell me the opponent doesn't matter. It's simply not true.

It's another excuse. Meanwhile, the same people that have held this program hostage for a decade continue to excuse every reasonable explanation as to why we're stuck in neutral. It's the SAME freaking people holding us back. Bored people with a check book and a seat next to Bob during the games rather than watch the train wreck. I'm soooo over the BS with this program. Now we have T-Plus * attacking one of our most recognizable and beloved alumni? What in holy hell has gone wrong here?!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    What do the girls average per game, in actual attendance? 400?

They had quadruple that when LSU came to town.

Don't tell me the opponent doesn't matter. It's simply not true.

It's another excuse. Meanwhile, the same people that have held this program hostage for a decade continue to excuse every reasonable explanation as to why we're stuck in neutral. It's the SAME freaking people holding us back. Bored people with a check book and a seat next to Bob during the games rather than watch the train wreck. I'm soooo over the BS with this program. Now we have T-Plus * attacking one of our most recognizable and beloved alumni? What in holy hell has gone wrong here?!
    MBB and WBB don't get 400 fans together. These same idiots have been bouncing on Bob's lap for a long time with chicken nuggets in their mouth. * can run but can't hide. Plenty of folks has took screen shots of her post.

15. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Puerto Rico Summer Tour

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    MBB and WBB don't get 400 fans together. These same idiots have been bouncing on Bob's lap for a long time with chicken nuggets in their mouth. * can run but can't hide. Plenty of folks has took screen shots of her post.
    Hopefully they sent them to his boss..

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information