Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 196

Thread: Louisiana's SuccessfUL 3-0 Puerto Rico Tour

  1. UL Basketball Louisiana's SuccessfUL 3-0 Puerto Rico Tour



    The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Men's Basketball team will get in some extra work this summer on the court beginning next week as it will take a summer tour of Puerto Rico.





  2. #2

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

    Honest question:

    How can we afford to go to the Caymans, Puerto Rico and all the other island trips every couple years, but it’s been a decade plus since we’ve had a decent home opponent? Seriously. We can’t afford to get Stephen F. Austin to the Dome but Cayman and PR and Fiji are no big deal…

    I think the answer is fairly obvious but I am curious.


  3. #3

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Honest question:

    How can we afford to go to the Caymans, Puerto Rico and all the other island trips every couple years, but it’s been a decade plus since we’ve had a decent home opponent? Seriously. We can’t afford to get Stephen F. Austin to the Dome but Cayman and PR and Fiji are no big deal…

    I think the answer is fairly obvious but I am curious.
    We are paying for this mainly from a road Money game. Also, we have not been on a summer tour since going to Cuba in 2017 prior to the regular season conference championship year. Prior to that we went to Spain which preceded the 2014 conference tournament championship year. The NCAA limits how often you can take these trips. It used to be every four years but it may be down to three now. A big advantage of these is you get 2 weeks of standard practice in preparation. Summer school practice is limited to 4 hours per week. It is also a great recruiting tool and good for the athletes to experience other cultures. I don’t believe any fans think this is not a trip the team should be taking. The regular season trips to nice spots are generally part of MTE’s in which the group sponsoring the tournament picks up the tab. Those have been in the states for the past several years.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

    I bet our fans would rather play respectable regional G5 teams in the dome rather than hear about a game against Puerto Rico on the radio. Just a hunch though…


  5. #5

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I bet our fans would rather play respectable regional G5 teams in the dome rather than hear about a game against Puerto Rico on the radio. Just a hunch though…
    Seems like it would pretty simple to call all 7 of them and ask.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

    Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Seems like it would pretty simple to call all 7 of them and ask.
    pescado frito

  7. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Honest question:

    How can we afford to go to the Caymans, Puerto Rico and all the other island trips every couple years, but it’s been a decade plus since we’ve had a decent home opponent.
    This is probably selfish of me but this trip money could contribute to bringing in quality opponents.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

    When will MBB schedule come out?


  9. #9

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    This is probably selfish of me but this trip money could contribute to bringing in quality opponents.
    Program and administration believes this trip will improve their chances of success for the upcoming season. That and the educational gain for the players is why it is being taken. Is anyone suggesting they should have passed on this opportunity? I don’t know when the schedule will come out.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Program and administration believes this trip will improve their chances of success for the upcoming season. That and the educational gain for the players is why it is being taken. Is anyone suggesting they should have passed on this opportunity? I don’t know when the schedule will come out.
    From a monetary standpoint would have been wise. Especially for a program that probably loses money each home game.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Program and administration believes this trip will improve their chances of success for the upcoming season. That and the educational gain for the players is why it is being taken. Is anyone suggesting they should have passed on this opportunity? I don’t know when the schedule will come out.
    I’m suggesting that we should pay for our fans to have great experiences in the Dome rather than a handful of our boosters paying for a vacation for themselves…

  12. #12

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

    Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    When will MBB schedule come out?
    Probably the day after we pay to renew our season tickets.

  13. #13
    JayWalker is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I’m suggesting that we should pay for our fans to have great experiences in the Dome rather than a handful of our boosters paying for a vacation for themselves…
    Would you rather have a home basketball game or a better chance for a championship? As Mike said, they are playing an extra money game to pay for this trip.

    But they're getting a lot more practice time and a chance to play together as a team.

    And, the trips they took to Spain and Cuba both resulted in championship rings. No guarantees, but the chances are better for success.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

    Many would prefer to complain about anything basketball, good or bad.

    CajunVic

  15. #15

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

    so you're saying time spent together with no distractions help the team bond and through results shown make them better?

    i kid, i kid


Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 5 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. LA Travels to Puerto Rico for San Juan Shootout
    By NewsCopy in forum Basketball-W
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 24th, 2015, 02:30 pm
  2. Long Helps USA Defeat Puerto Rico In Pan Am Games, 102-70
    By NewsCopy in forum Post Season and Bowls
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 23rd, 2015, 12:40 pm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •