Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana's SuccessfUL 3-0 Puerto Rico Tour

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

The extra practices and games of overseas trips helped with the post season goal prior to the 2014 and 2018 seasons. Let’s hope it does once more.

2. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    The extra practices and games of overseas trips helped with the post season goal prior to the 2014 and 2018 seasons. Let’s hope it does once more.
    This will be Marlin's best season yet.

He knows how to time these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    It’s just great to see there is obviously still great interest and care for hoops over in Lafayette.
    Pahahahaha

Overseas trips are not available in the post season. My daughter went to PR in 2018. At that time the island was still struggling from hurricane devastation. They still are today. Benefit of a trip like this is players see people having less than they do and hopefully appreciate the good fortune they have of playing a game while on scholarship.
    They saw that kind of stuff when they did hurricane relief in LA.

I was told it was by someone I trust completely when it comes to MBB. Perhaps some funds were also raised if the road game was not enough. However, I was not asked to contribute and I have been in the past for things of this nature. Regardless, I don’t see why anyone would object to something that should provide a great experience for the players.
    I trust VObserver completely for basketball news. However he trust Cajunmike for his news.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    They saw that kind of stuff when they did hurricane relief in LA.
    We’ve been to Puerto Rico since the storms hit over there. There’s a big difference in relief and living conditions as opposed to what Louisiana has.

This will be a good trip to learn how folks not too far from here live and try to survive.

7. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    We’ve been to Puerto Rico since the storms hit over there. There’s a big difference in relief and living conditions as opposed to what Louisiana has.

This will be a good trip to learn how folks not too far from here live and try to survive.
    A nice, well thought out, rational post. Way to go Beau.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    An extra money game isn’t paying for this trip.
    Yes it is.

9. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

Looks likes Mike is 100% rock solid correct . . .

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post

Did you find us some SB talent in PR?

Overseas trips are not available in the post season. My daughter went to PR in 2018. At that time the island was still struggling from hurricane devastation. They still are today. Benefit of a trip like this is players see people having less than they do and hopefully appreciate the good fortune they have of playing a game while on scholarship.
    Flew thru PR one time in early ‘18, got to see some of the damage. The challenges PR and USVI had after back to back big storms in less than 2 weeks is an on going rebuild. Logistics are a nightmare. Covid crushed tourism, their largest industry. Have a friend that flies for a major airline, PR until recently was over the top with Covid regulations. Recovery is tough, always dependent to what comes over in the ships. For example, beach sand does not make for good cement. And there may be a Home Depot, but once they’re out of whatever you’re looking for, odds are “it’s on a ship”.

Nahh would really like to go back to back games. Not stepping foot back into the dome with Big Fish at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Nahh would really like to go back to back games. Not stepping foot back into the dome with Big Fish at the helm.
    Will this trip results in anymore season or post season wins? I mean 75% is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Will this trip results in anymore season or post season wins? I mean 75% is pretty good.
    Exhibition games are only count if it's close game against Bama.. a loss to Nicholls state doesn't count

15. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Yes it is.
    No, it isn’t.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information