Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana's SuccessfUL 3-0 Puerto Rico Tour

1. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    We’ve been to Puerto Rico since the storms hit over there. There’s a big difference in relief and living conditions as opposed to what Louisiana has.

This will be a good trip to learn how folks not too far from here live and try to survive.
    Is this a basketball program or Doctors Without Borders? Look, I get the well-rounded student athlete slant and of course I support it. But man, how many times will the home crowd of this once great program get shafted? Please point to the marquee matchup in the dome over the last, idk, 10 years? Pepperdine? What’s on the schedule this year and next? It’s a joke what they ask you to pay to support the program. Marlin bįtches and complains that football takes all the money, and Maggard doesn’t prioritize basketball and there’s never enough money for proper travel on the road, and the recruiting budget is too small, and why does he have to spend his time raising money… blah blah blah. But we always find the money to go to the islands?! It’s incredible how that happens. Plenty of money for a raise and PR, but can’t pay SFA to play a home and home.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Is this a basketball program or Doctors Without Borders? Look, I get the well-rounded student athlete slant and of course I support it. But man, how many times will the home crowd of this once great program get shafted? Please point to the marquee matchup in the dome over the last, idk, 10 years? Pepperdine? What’s on the schedule this year and next? It’s a joke what they ask you to pay to support the program. Marlin bįtches and complains that football takes all the money, and Maggard doesn’t prioritize basketball and there’s never enough money for proper travel on the road, and the recruiting budget is too small, and why does he have to spend his time raising money… blah blah blah. But we always find the money to go to the islands?! It’s incredible how that happens. Plenty of money for a raise and PR, but can’t pay SFA to play a home and home.
    Wait till you see the home schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Wait till you see the home schedule
    Let me guess: a few DII schools mixed in with a few Southland and SWAC teams before switching over to conference?

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Let me guess: a few DII schools mixed in with a few Southland and SWAC teams before switching over to conference?
    Jackson state, Mississippi Valley state, praire view A&M lol

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Home and Home series have no payday aspect. Now I guess we could pay someone a fee similar to a non D1 to come while we go for free. Maybe something like that could be tried but Dr. Maggard has not shown interest in doing something like that to date. I am now 100 PERCENT positive a road game is paying for the Puerto Rico trip. I have learned the opponent but am not at Liberty to share that yet. Also we have not been out of the country since 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Jackson state, Mississippi Valley state, praire view A&M lol
    Kidding, right?

7. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Home and Home series have no payday aspect. Now I guess we could pay someone a fee similar to a non D1 to come while we go for free. Maybe something like that could be tried but Dr. Maggard has not shown interest in doing something like that to date. I am now 100 PERCENT positive a road game is paying for the Puerto Rico trip. I have learned the opponent but am not at Liberty to share that yet. Also we have not been out of the country since 2017.
    It's a shame the State won't let programs be run like a business.

Forced real time financing is mismanagement.

This trip should be paid for by 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and spring 2022. money games.

8. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

This may seem nuanced but MAT is technically correct.

While you can justify an expenditure based on projected income, you cannot pay "pay" for a preseason trip with money from a game you haven't played yet.

9. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    This may seem nuanced but MAT is technically correct.

While you can justify an expenditure based on projected income, you cannot pay "pay" for a preseason trip with money from a game you haven't played yet.
    You would make a poor business owner. Under that theory you could never purchase an asset that could make you money. ����������

10. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    You would make a poor business owner. Under that theory you could never purchase an asset that could make you money. ����������
    If you read closer I said " you can justify an expenditure based on projected income"

Ultimately though in that post, I was addressing the phraseology not the prudence.

You can't have information and not release it on RP. You will have some jealous folks who will try and bash you over and over. LOL.

12. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

Stoppppp.

Whether it’s a home and home that we buy (which absolutely happens), the point is, we shouldn’t be spending money on vacation destinations when we can’t get decent home schedules.

A money game isn’t paying for the trip. If you want to say the money game is reimbursing people for the trip, than that would be more accurate, but still not totally accurate. And btw, isn’t the argument for playing money games (where we typically get our teeth kicked in) to supplement budget concerns? If that’s true, how is adding an expense based on that payout making sense?

We must have all the rest of our financial ducks in a row for basketball for the next couple years…

was this a hint?

No

15. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Headed To Puerto Rico For Summer Tour

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    was this a hint?
    ……With all the discussion, I think the positives are very good……RECRUITING, BOTH MAYBE GETTING A KID NOW AND FOR THE FUTURE…..cool trip and an ongoing recruiting tool…..what I would be doing is sending a baseball recruiter along to do the island and the Dom Rep and maybe a soft baller rep ….my daughter and husband lived there for about 5 years and started the Trump golf course…..he is in charge of the P R Open and still goes to meet with the gov and the rest of the staff…..think we had a player from there some years back and basketball was pretty big!

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information