Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana's SuccessfUL 3-0 Puerto Rico Tour

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Puerto Rico Summer Tour

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Jenny I think. Or Brad Boyd
    Neither and it wasn't a rumor. The director for the games told them to only expect to win one game.

2. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Puerto Rico Summer Tour

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Neither and it wasn't a rumor. The director for the games told them to only expect to win one game.
    Ok but who first repeated it for the fans to hear so as to have low expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Ok but who first repeated it for the fans to hear so as to have low expectations?
    Gotta speak slow and use small words with JMV. He isn’t very smart

4. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Puerto Rico Summer Tour

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Gotta speak slow and use small words with JMV. He isn’t very smart
    Good point.

JMV and I think very similar, I just record the words and play them back at 25% speed and then reply.

Oh and I use a thesaurus so I sound above my comprehension level.

ps JMV and I go way back.

The 22 point victory was due to making 16 threes. Taking that many 3’s in one game is a few more than I like to see. Of course the mid range game I like is likely never coming back. They may have taken more long shots today due to Jordan Brown not playing as many minutes as in Days 1 and 2. I do give the Cajuns credit for good effort on the boards and defense. They dominated the glass. Most encouraging thing today was true freshman Chancellor White having 21. He got better in each game on the trip. Young man has a chance to be a star one day. I have learned Joe Charles (injured in yesterday’s game) will be fine. He was held out today as a precaution. Holding him out did allow more minutes for the new guys on the team. Overall lots of positives from the trip. AreAs of concern do remain of course. Main one to me is the conversion rate at the basket is nowhere where it needs to be in order to win a championship. That goes for the halfcourt and transition. Defense and rebounding appear to be fine. They will get to the line a lot. More consistency needed there as well.

6. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Puerto Rico Summer Tour

Thanks Mike

Another positive was having the experience of needing to make key plays at crunch time. That was the case on both Friday and Saturday. That is more valuable to team development than a blowout like today.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    The 22 point victory was due to making 16 threes. Taking that many 3’s in one game is a few more than I like to see. Of course the mid range game I like is likely never coming back. They may have taken more long shots today due to Jordan Brown not playing as many minutes as in Days 1 and 2. I do give the Cajuns credit for good effort on the boards and defense. They dominated the glass. Most encouraging thing today was true freshman Chancellor White having 21. He got better in each game on the trip. Young man has a chance to be a star one day. I have learned Joe Charles (injured in yesterday’s game) will be fine. He was held out today as a precaution. Holding him out did allow more minutes for the new guys on the team. Overall lots of positives from the trip. AreAs of concern do remain of course. Main one to me is the conversion rate at the basket is nowhere where it needs to be in order to win a championship. That goes for the halfcourt and transition. Defense and rebounding appear to be fine. They will get to the line a lot. More consistency needed there as well.
    Mike, did you watch the NBA playoffs this past season? If so, you'd know the midrange game isn't going anywhere. It's crucial to crunch time basketball and defenses always adapt. They've adapted to guarding the perimeter shot more so the mid range game will become as important as ever. At least to winning basketball.

9. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Puerto Rico Summer Tour

The 22 point victory is due to playing a team that collectively probably eats one square meal per week, if you consider mud and roach bones a meal…

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Mike, did you watch the NBA playoffs this past season? If so, you'd know the midrange game isn't going anywhere. It's crucial to crunch time basketball and defenses always adapt. They've adapted to guarding the perimeter shot more so the mid range game will become as important as ever. At least to winning basketball.
    Hope you are right. In the NBA, the three point line is further out so the mid range is more of an option. I guess I wish the Cajuns would use it more. In yesterday's game, Jalen Dalcourt hit a running 10 foot baseline jumper as the 2nd quarter clock expired. That gave the Cajuns a 10 point lead going into half. Biggest shot of the game may have been a mid range so that made me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The 22 point victory is due to playing a team that collectively probably eats one square meal per week, if you consider mud and roach bones a meal…
    I don't know if you watched the game and I recognize you are using hyperbole. In fact it is extreme hyperbole as the athletes in places like Puerto Rico are probably treated better than most. That being said, I will agree that the Red team was the weakest of the three opponents there so it would have been disappointing to not handle them with some ease. However their game against La. Tech was competitive throughout and their contest against College of Charleston went to the wire.

I don't know if you watched the game and I recognize you are using hyperbole. In fact it is extreme hyperbole as the athletes in places like Puerto Rico are probably treated better than most.
    Good point. Athletes, especially those who rise above their peers skill wise, are revered in the Caribbean. Make the bigs in whatever sport, it's like being a made man down there.

13. Default Re: Louisiana's SuccessfUL 3-0 Puerto Rico Tour

I know the sentiments here for the Big Fish, but remember there are athletes who have chosen to give up eligibility to play for and represent Louisiana on the court and proudly wear the vermilion, white and black. At a minimum they deserve and have earned the right to be respected and supported.

Default Re: Louisiana's SuccessfUL 3-0 Puerto Rico Tour

The people who support basketball do it generally for what Vic said. They will continue to do so regardless of the coach.

Default Re: Louisiana's SuccessfUL 3-0 Puerto Rico Tour

The people who support basketball do it generally for what Vic said. They will continue to do so regardless of the coach.
    My good buddy BeauCajun has told me many of times he support program not head coaches. Coaches come and go.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information