Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Maggard Contract Extension

Default Maggard and his future

At some point I doubt we will be able to keep Maggard.

Default Re: Maggard and his future

Maggard signed an extension last year and He is under contract until 2027.

5 years isn't far off and he will not make it to 2027.

Maggard will be tied into his job as a whole I think. Sure football is doing great. How is baseball doing? How is softball doing? How is basketball doing? What has he done to improve all the major sports under his watch.

I know we are doing the best we ever have in football. That is great. Enjoy it because it only takes a year or two to be back where we were. Everyone of our peers have new tools at their disposal. Portal, NIL, etc etc etc. Its going to be an interesting 3 to 5 years for us as an athletic school.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Maggard will be tied into his job as a whole I think. Sure football is doing great. How is baseball doing? How is softball doing? How is basketball doing? What has he done to improve all the major sports under his watch.

I know we are doing the best we ever have in football. That is great. Enjoy it because it only takes a year or two to be back where we were. Everyone of our peers have new tools at their disposal. Portal, NIL, etc etc etc. Its going to be an interesting 3 to 5 years for us as an athletic school.
    This is a good point, especially since everyone in football is gunning for us. We are currently the program to beat in the SBC and we have a lot of holes to fill, both in players and personnel, to fill that void and build upon it.

I think Dr. Maggard is gone when the right offer comes his way and he's had enough of some the challenges he's had to deal with from the Administration. JMO

The administration hasn't been that much of a biggie as some other things.

That said, he's not going anywhere before the football stadium project and the baseball clubhouse are done. I think I'm pretty accurate with that.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post

That said, he's not going anywhere before the football stadium project and the baseball clubhouse are done. I think I'm pretty accurate with that.
    Then we got him for at least 10 more years...Good news!!

You must of been reading my mind. No way does leaving in the middle of big projects that make for a killer resume’.

Where did Scott Farmer land after leaving here in the middle of the baseball project?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I think Dr. Maggard is gone when the right offer comes his way and he's had enough of some the challenges he's had to deal with from the Administration. JMO
    Same thing that I think will happen. However some folks on here makes a big deal when you are just asking a question.

11. Default Re: Maggard and his future

This is got to be the dumbest thread I have seen on here in a while.

I don't disagree with his legacy being tied to those two projects. My comments are in regards to completing those projects and when the right opportunity comes along. And I do emphasize the "Right Opportunity".

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I don't disagree with his legacy being tied to those two projects. My comments are in regards to completing those projects and when the right opportunity comes along. And I do emphasize the "Right Opportunity".
    If the right job comes along.. he leaves. No reason he'd say "Thx, but nah. Gotta get that club house bilt"

14. Ragin' Cajuns Athletics: Maggard Receives Contract Extension Through June 2027

Coming off one of the most successful years in Louisiana Athletics history, Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics Dr. Bryan Maggard has received a one-year contract extension, the University and Dr. E. Joseph Savoie announced on Tuesday.

Default Maggard Contract Extension

1 year contract extension?

Is there any fire with this smoke?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information