Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MBB: Louisiana Inks Kyran Ratliff To Grant-In-Aid

Default Re: MBB: Louisiana Inks Kyran Ratliff To Grant-In-Aid

So will Au and Cadwell remain on scholarship and not play? Wasn’t there talk of a possible grad assistant role for one?

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    So will Au and Cadwell remain on scholarship and not play? Wasn’t there talk of a possible grad assistant role for one?
    Neither will play. AU will be a grad assistant. Cadwell had another knee surgery and his basketball career is done. He will remain on scholarship to complete his Masters Degree as he already has his bachelors. He started the Masters program prior to getting injured which is why he gets to complete it. Guys in that situation don’t count towards the 13 scholarship limit. I was surprised at this signing. I knew they were looking for another big but heard they were looking at upperclassman transfer options. That made sense for a program perceived to be in a win big or else situation. Taking a pure freshman does not fit that narrative. Don’t get me wrong. I am not complaining. In the long run, that may be best for the program. At least that would be the pre NIL view. Now every year is likely to have turnover and that goes for every school. In some ways we are lucky to only lose one key player from last year’s squad whom we had significant plans for. Granted many of the returning guys did not reach their potential until the conference tournament.

If Todd Hill stood sideways and stuck out his tongue, he looked just like a zipper.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information