Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Can any team threaten UL's Sun Belt West Division dynasty in 2022?

1. Default Re: Can any team threaten UL's Sun Belt West Division dynasty in 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    They actuall pulled a 1.6 cume rating.I know, its hard to believe. Must be diary madness in the market.HTF is he coming up with that nonsense?
    They also broadcast astros games between 3-7 pm

Default Re: Can any team threaten UL's Sun Belt West Division dynasty in 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    We ain’t no ____ing dynasty.

Was Buffalo an AFC dynasty 1990-93? Gtfo

We’ve won one SBC championship. I don’t count 2020 as a win. We lost in 18 and 19. Dynasties don’t lose
    The title of the article is Sun Belt West Division, not Sun Belt in general.

Yes, the Bills were an AFC dynasty. The Braves were a NL dynasty, with only one WS title.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Lol SBC west dynasty. Smal time thinking
    Not small time at all.

You have to win the West to play for a title. I equate this to softball a few years ago. So many of you had a "no big deal" attitude when we won a conference championship because we were going to super regionals.

Every time you can say you're a champion, it's a good thing. Nothing says you have to be satisfied with winning the west.

But it should never be demeaned, either.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    That’s why the first quarter of the season is crucial. And fortunately, we have 4 winnable games right out of the gate. We’ll need time to gel.
    It will take us time to gel but I think offensively with two true passing QBs our offensive rankings will go up this year… remember last year we were not that potent in the statistical categories, but our defense was stout…. Defense won us the championships let’s hope this year the offense catches up and we will be unstoppable.

5. Default Re: Can any team threaten UL's Sun Belt West Division dynasty in 2022?

The defense will need to be stout again. This team is a run first team that will miss LL’s escapability and ability to extend plays.

6. Default Re: Can any team threaten UL's Sun Belt West Division dynasty in 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Awesome. The host of the afternoon show on 103.7 “just doesn’t see” how the Cajuns are the favorite in the west. Brilliant.

71, what were those ratings again…
    Troy is loaded with talent. Both Troy and UL have rookie head coaches. Troy’s coach has been part of the recruiting team for some of those players. Last year South Alabama lost the game on a missed 28 yard field goal. No doubt the football gods loved CBN at UL.

Quote Originally Posted by Atown cajun View Post
    The defense will need to be stout again. This team is a run first team that will miss LL’s escapability and ability to extend plays.
    When Napier let him. I still think we could have beat Texas if he let LL extend plays and not sit in the pocket. He did that in other games as well. Of course, he kept him healthy all year with no other QB play to help for some experience this year knowing it would be his last year coaching here.

Troy and South Al.

Quote Originally Posted by Atown cajun View Post
    I think it will complete opposite we will be pass first team. A lot of players have already said as much.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    It will take us time to gel but I think offensively with two true passing QBs our offensive rankings will go up this year… remember last year we were not that potent in the statistical categories
    While Johnson and Bailey certainly played very well for us, especially down the stretch, we also were replacing Eli Mitchell and Trey Regas. IF I remember correctly as well (that's an IF, someone can correct me), we also spent a few early games trying to figure out the O-Line due to graduations and injuries.

So it wasn't just the QB positions that led to our "not that potent in the statistical categories" offense, where we were only ranked 3rd in Total Offense and Scoring Offense.

Granted a drop-off from 2020 where we were 2rd in Total Offense and 3rd in Scoring Offense. I'll give you that.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    When Napier let him. I still think we could have beat Texas if he let LL extend plays and not sit in the pocket. He did that in other games as well. Of course, he kept him healthy all year with no other QB play to help for some experience this year knowing it would be his last year coaching here.
    He didn't know it would be his last year at UL.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    While Johnson and Bailey certainly played very well for us, especially down the stretch, we also were replacing Eli Mitchell and Trey Regas. IF I remember correctly as well (that's an IF, someone can correct me), we also spent a few early games trying to figure out the O-Line due to graduations and injuries.

So it wasn't just the QB positions that led to our "not that potent in the statistical categories" offense, where we were only ranked 3rd in Total Offense and Scoring Offense.

Granted a drop-off from 2020 where we were 2rd in Total Offense and 3rd in Scoring Offense. I'll give you that.
    We were 45th in scoring offense and 64th in total offense… once again plenty of room to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    He didn't know it would be his last year at UL.
    No, but I think he put all his cards on year 4 & LL and was ready to move on. Wasn't worried about year 5. Just my opinion.

14. Default Re: Can any team threaten UL's Sun Belt West Division dynasty in 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I think it will complete opposite we will be pass first team. A lot of players have already said as much.
    I hope the OL is up for it. Losing the two best OL in what was a road grader crew, it may be tough early on.

LOL. We beat USA by 2, ASU by 1 and Troy by 14 last year. For those saying there is absolutely nobody that can challenge us in the West. lol. Hell, we beat ULM by 5. We may have more talent than those teams but we may also have more questions heading into the season.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information