Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Louisiana Campus Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

For those of you who don’t know many student athletes now live off campus in apartments and rent house type dwellings. Coaches Hud and Napier always made them move into the dorm during fall camp for many reasons. I would imagine the biggest being no distractions and they can keep a watch on them around the clock as they eat drink and sleep football.

Des has decided to against the grain of not only the Cajuns previous coaches but probably about 95% of all FBS coaches and will let the athletes live on there own during camp. Not sure why the reversal of this policy which seemed to work in the past? I just hope it doesn’t back fire.

I did hear lots of reports that Des was much more easy going and easier on the players during and coming out of spring than napier was. Is this just another example of that.

I am not saying that this is good or bad but there is reasons that the majority of coaches keeps their team together in dorms during camp. Heck even the NFL does it.

Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

This is not a 5 alarm fire…. If we don’t win the west then you can complain.

3. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

This will certainly help identify the self disciplined and visa versa.

Personally I think this is a cost savings move, implemented by the university and imposed on Desormeaux.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    This is not a 5 alarm fire…. If we don’t win the west then you can complain.
    Nobody said it was but it is curious to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    This will certainly help identify the self disciplined and visa versa.

Personally I think this is a cost savings move, implemented by the university and imposed on Desormeaux.
    I was gonna say the same. Perhaps a speech about becoming men and giving them the responsibility of their own actions. Allowing their own behavior dictate how much freedom they get.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Pop View Post
    For those of you who don’t know many student athletes now live off campus in apartments and rent house type dwellings. Coaches Hud and Napier always made them move into the dorm during fall camp for many reasons. I would imagine the biggest being no distractions and they can keep a watch on them around the clock as they eat drink and sleep football.

Des has decided to against the grain of not only the Cajuns previous coaches but probably about 95% of all FBS coaches and will let the athletes live on there own during camp. Not sure why the reversal of this policy which seemed to work in the past? I just hope it doesn’t back fire.

I did hear lots of reports that Des was much more easy going and easier on the players during and coming out of spring than napier was. Is this just another example of that.

I am not saying that this is good or bad but there is reasons that the majority of coaches keeps their team together in dorms during camp. Heck even the NFL does it.
    Source of your 95% claim?

There's probably going to be a lot of give and take in this new world of NIL + Transfer Portal. This may be one of the gives.

Freshmen should stay in the dorm....

We should pay our players better than Texas a&m but that won’t happen

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I was gonna say the same. Perhaps a speech about becoming men and giving them the responsibility of their own actions. Allowing their own behavior dictate how much freedom they get.
    I expect this is his thought process. Act like men, be treated like men. Don't, well that will have consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Something to that extent is exactly what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Freshmen should stay in the dorm....
    They have no choice. I am pretty sure you have to earn your way off campus with grades good behavior....

We know that proximity leads to camaraderie. Brotherhood is what makes you want to fight and protect each other on and off the field. Team building is a critical component to winning. Is it possible for Coach Des to tell us his reasoning instead of speculation?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Source of your 95% claim?
    I was actually being generous. It’s probably much closer to 100%. There is no published source that list those who dorm and those who don’t. But I have spent many hrs behind a steering wheel working a sales territory and listening to XM radio college football tour, during this time of year, over the last 15 or so years, to get a pretty good feel about many schools camp.

Either way, it’s a defining move for CMD. We’ll know by December.

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information