Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

1. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    What standard did Alabama have before Saban arrived?
    One of the highest in the country.

Even programs with high standards have dips and valleys

Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    One of the highest in the country.

Even programs with high standards have dips and valleys
    Thank you. This ____ing guy

There was zero chance the bar would not be lowered.

Saban lost to ULM his first year.
    Does this mean Mike is going to lead UL to 6 national titles?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Does this mean Mike is going to lead UL to 6 national titles?
    Hopefully we reach 6 wins this season.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Hopefully we reach 6 wins this season.
    Unfortunately it's not looking that way at this point. And to say it's because we don't have some really good football players is just not so.

This will certainly help identify the self disciplined and visa versa.

Personally I think this is a cost savings move, implemented by the university and imposed on Desormeaux.
    Explain how this saved money.

Agreed, and how much time did Bustle have to get his train rolling before that game, and how long was he allowed to coach after that game?

JMV we are friends but you are WAY overreacting to this unfortunate loss to ULM
    Can you stop with this. Every other coach in our history has inherited an abysmal situation. Mike took over a team that went 13-1 the year before. Not the same!

I dont know about you but the bar has been raised to where we expect to win at least 9 games (in the regular season not including bowl game) every single year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Can you stop with this. Every other coach in our history has inherited an abysmal situation. Mike took over a team that went 13-1 the year before. Not the same!

I dont know about you but the bar has been raised to where we expect to win at least 9 games (in the regular season not including bowl game) every single year.
    You act like everything was the same from last year. You ignore the huge pieces we lost. Levi. Butler. Emani. The O line. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    You act like everything was the same from last year. You ignore the huge pieces we lost. Levi. Butler. Emani. The O line. Etc.
    I'm not ignoring the losses, this team is still really really talented, way more talented than any other team any coach has inherited. After all haven't we had the #1 recruiting class in the sun belt for like 4 years? Are you ignoring that fact?

Answer me this question. What would our record be if Napier coached this exact team?

I'm not ignoring the losses, this team is still really really talented, way more talented than any other team any coach has inherited. After all haven't we had the #1 recruiting class in the sun belt for like 4 years? Are you ignoring that fact?

Answer me this question. What would our record be if Napier coached this exact team?
    You gonna upset some folks who are drinking the Martin Hall Kool-Aid, lol. And they will dodge your questions. These folks don't understand the bar had been raised to another level. We would be 4-0 with Napier.

First off, i don’t think that is correct we had the best recruiting classes the past four years. Even if we did, anyone who knows football will tell you outside of the 4 and 5 star prospects, most of the recruiting ranking are BS.

I don’t need to answer that question. Des is our coach. Napier is not. Your hypothetical is completely irrelevant.

12. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Look some can't see past their nose and only see the loss being to ULM.

That is the post you replied to. You didn't reply to a post about 13-1 you didn't reply to a post about 9-4.

You replied to a post about double standards. Bustle with 60 games under his belt compared to 4 for Desormeaux.

Bustle was given 3 more years to right the ship.

You are asking me to stop the same way some are asking to fire Des.

I'm just getting started and so is he. I am not afraid to point out his mistakes but anyone asking to stop Des is off their rocker. (at least temporarily)

13. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Probably 4-0

The very concept of Napier coaching this very team is ludicrous.

With all the cuts imposed he may not have been able to function as a human being.

14. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Probably 4-0, based simply on the fact that Desormeaux is a razor thin margin away from being 4-0 himself.

Look some can't see past their nose and only see the loss being to ULM.

That is the post you replied to. You didn't reply to a post about 13-1 you didn't reply to a post about 9-4.

You replied to a post about double standards. Bustle with 60 games under his belt compared to 4 for Desormeaux.

Bustle was given 3 more years to right the ship.

You are asking me to stop the same way some are asking to fire Des.

I'm just getting started and so is he. I am not afraid to point out his mistakes but anyone asking to stop Des is off their rocker. (at least temporarily)
    Bustle inherited about 40 something scholarship players. Make no mistake about it Desormeaux has one of if not the most talented team in the sunbelt.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread Information