Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I think we are pretty much fishing in the same hole.

What do you guys think? Do we run the table in the West again? Or do we take our first ever division loss? Troy? USA? USM? ULM? TxSt? stAte?
    USA, Troy, and Arkansas State will be challenging; but they are all at home which will help. I think ULM, Texas State, and Southern Miss aren't quite there yet. But I expect each of them to be well improved compared to years past.

The first three games will tell us a lot on where we are and whether or not we will run the table in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I think Troy and USA will be the biggest challenges, but USM intrigues me. I don't know what to expect with this team, they are going to be improved and they will eventually challenge on a regular basis for the West championship, the question is how big of a jump do they make this year.

I think we run the table in the west, "IF" we lose one I predict it will be Troy. I am more concerned on the Marshall game in the East, without playing the other big 3 (APP, Coastal, and Georgia State) in the East I like our chances.
    At least we won't have to worry about covering Jalen Tolbert this season. As good as our secondary was last year, he had 6 catches for 143 yards. We was a real stud receiver in the Sunbelt. Would love to see someone like Michael Jefferson become that for us this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    At least we won't have to worry about covering Jalen Tolbert this season. As good as our secondary was last year, he had 6 catches for 143 yards. We was a real stud receiver in the Sunbelt. Would love to see someone like Michael Jefferson become that for us this season.
    I had Tolbert on my fantasy team last year. He did that to everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I’ll just address the last paragraph. We played a style of football that kept games close. We were not an explosive offensive team. So of course our scores would be close.

Many of those close games there were several opportunities to put teams away in the passing game. I’m expecting to see a much more explosive and quick strike offense this season. We will probably turn the ball over more, it’s almost impossible not to, as Levi was ultra conservative and it benefited us as well as hurt us.

I’m expecting us to average between 34-37ppg and Roughly 475yds per game.

There isn’t a single game on this schedule that if we play to our capabilities that we would lose. Now I don’t think that will happen. Which is why I think we will be 10-2 and host the SBC Champ game.
    I think you are a little optimistic on your offensive output expectations but I hope you are right. Breaking in a new OL and new QB as well as majority of rushing contributors. A lot of questions there but hopefully they all take a big step forward.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I think you are a little optimistic on your offensive output expectations but I hope you are right. Breaking in a new OL and new QB as well as majority of rushing contributors. A lot of questions there but hopefully they all take a big step forward.
    I'm glad we open up with the three games we do for 2022 (though I would say do NOT overlook and take E. Michigan for granted). Because I do think it will be during these three games where we figure out our QB situation, as while I don't have any of the inside info some here have or claim to have, my gut tells me there is currently no assurance as to whether the clear starter is Fields or Wooldridge.

We WILL get that figured out in the first three weeks, though, and I'm confident we will be 3-0 coming out of that. There will then be come continuity.

If we were starting off with SLU, then Florida State immediately after, followed by E. Michigan or a conference opponent like Troy or Arky State, I'm afraid we could be looking at coming out of that three game stretch 1-2.

Default Re: Unprecedented media silence

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    So Gaston, has a problem with a podcast he doesn’t listen to?

Wonderful day in the neighborhood

You mean Gaston the guy who’s beliefs are in line with Saban, Napier, Kelly, Smart, Sweeney, Brown, Fisher, Kifin…just to name a few on how a camp should be run. That guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Gaston, the tittie baby, that thinks he knows better than the HC and gets his feelings hurt pretty easily.
    Not just Gaston the vast majority of FBS college coaches in America. Our coach is definitely in the minority. So you obviously must of had a problem with how Napier ran camp if you have a problem with my opinion this subject matter. You can’t have it both ways. Why didn’t you tell us last year that Napier should have let those kids stay off campus during camp if you feel so strongly about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    Not just Gaston the vast majority of FCS college coaches in America. Our coach is definitely in the minority. So you obviously must of had a problem with how Napier ran camp if you have a problem with my opinion this subject matter. You can’t have it both ways. Why didn’t you tell us last year that Napier should have let those kids stay off campus during camp if you feel so strongly about it?
    Probably cause it’s more about letting a man run his program as he sees fit. Why is this such an issue for you? And by the way we are in FBS not FCS

Not just Gaston the vast majority of FCS college coaches in America. Our coach is definitely in the minority. So you obviously must of had a problem with how Napier ran camp if you have a problem with my opinion this subject matter. You can’t have it both ways. Why didn’t you tell us last year that Napier should have let those kids stay off campus during camp if you feel so strongly about it?
    So, where were you a head coach?

Who cares what the FCS coaches are doing. Those guys are a lower tier level than UL.

Did Mike steal your girl back in the day?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Who cares what the FCS coaches are doing. Those guys are a lower tier level than UL.
    If you saw the actual coaches mentioned you know who I was talking about. FCS / FBS. Should have just left it 1A and 1AA just a change for the sake of changing that served no purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Probably cause it’s more about letting a man run his program as he sees fit. Why is this such an issue for you? And by the way we are in FBS not FCS
    Hey I have no problem with Mike running his program the way he wants. That’s completely up to him. I support Mike 100% I just happen to have a different opinion than him on this one subject. The 2 coaches before him ran this program and their training camp as close to an SEC school than any other coach in the history of our school. I happen to think that is a proven method that works and is the best way to run a camp. That doesn’t mean I am pulling for Mike Desormeaux and his Ragin Cajun football team any less than I have my entire life. This is the only thing I have disagreed with the coach on since he took the job. Last I checked is still ok to have your own thoughts, beliefs and opinions on a message board? Correct.

14. Default Re: Unprecedented media silence

One change, one complaint posted 50 times. You 1%.

Hey I have no problem with Mike running his program the way he wants. That’s completely up to him. I support Mike 100% I just happen to have a different opinion than him on this one subject. The 2 coaches before him ran this program and their training camp as close to an SEC school than any other coach in history at our school. I happen to think that is a proven method that works and is the best way to run a camp. That doesn’t mean I am pulling for Mike Desormeaux and his Ragin Cajun football team any less than I have my entire life. This is the only thing I have disagreed with the coach on since he took the job. Last I checked is still ok to have your thoughts, beliefs and opinions on a message board? Correct.
    You’ve been beating this drum since July 27th. Let it go

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information