Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

…we will win 10 or more games this year!!! Y’all criticizing Des after he is 1-0 as a HC.

So let me ask y’all this, what do you expect from him? Because some of y’all seem to be 100% haters.

Once again, we will be in the SBC Championship and I’m predicting we will host it. Thera a very good possibility we win more than 10 games. Then y’all are going to complain about Black being a school color and it’s somehow Des’s fault.

I 100% support Mike. Full stop!
    Until the offense goes 3 and out.

Then I will have a drunken freak out on an in game thread

Coach said in his interview with Jay that consistent sleep schedules are a positive as far as mental health is concerned.

20+ pages because Des allowed his players to stay off campus for Fall camp.

Can the season start now?

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I think this will be my final comment on this subject.

1. Calling me "old man" is not offensive to me. It's accurate...and perhaps if I didn't know the one who said it, perhaps it bothers me more. But BK and I have been agreeing, disagreeing and sometimes getting downright PO'd at each other since back when I wasn't old. I wouldn't change it. He and I are good.

2. But I do part company with BK with his comments about my comments. Sure, it's OK to question things. But when the explanation is given multiple times, there comes a time to put it to rest. We are WAY past that point.

3. I did a 20 minute conversation with Chris Smith and Andre Jones at SBC media day. One of the questions I asked was "What's different?" You might be interested in their answers.

4. The day before the players reported, I did an hour, one on one, with CMD. The question about where players stay during training camp was answered in the first five minutes of the interview. We also covered many other topics. Evidently the only person who listened to either interview was Cajuns Mike, because he's the only one who made a comment about it. No, I'm not butt hurt about it. But you guys demand information and _____ when you don't get it.
    It's there. A link was provided right here on Ragin' Pagin.
    I've been away for about a week and am listening to the Crhis and Andre interview as I type this. These interviews are a mandatory listen for everyone on hear! If, after listening to the players discuss the changes, you still don't agree, or understand why Coach Des made the changes, there is no way ever, you will.

Before I am to old to type on here, I would like to say I am such a bigger fan of Chris and Andre because of having the chance to listen to them! I am a huge Coach Des fan because I beleive in him, evne more so after listening to the players.

Shortly I will listen to the Coach Des interview.

6. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I've been away for about a week and am listening to the Crhis and Andre interview as I type this. These interviews are a mandatory listen for everyone on hear! If, after listening to the players discuss the changes, you still don't agree, or understand why Coach Des made the changes, there is no way ever, you will.

Before I am to old to type on here, I would like to say I am such a bigger fan of Chris and Andre because of having the chance to listen to them! I am a huge Coach Des fan because I beleive in him, evne more so after listening to the players.

Shortly I will listen to the Coach Des interview.
    Those with issues this early on are not listeners and they only hear what they want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    His posts during the season should be more fun than a barrel of drunk monkeys...
    Just wait for Cajunhawk for the in-game threads......

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Just wait for Cajunhawk for the in-game threads......
    I've blocked him....although he has a good take every one hundred posts...

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    …we will win 10 or more games this year!!! Y’all criticizing Des after he is 1-0 as a HC.

So let me ask y’all this, what do you expect from him? Because some of y’all seem to be 100% haters.

Once again, we will be in the SBC Championship and I’m predicting we will host it. Thera a very good possibility we win more than 10 games. Then y’all are going to complain about Black being a school color and it’s somehow Des’s fault.
    I don't think anybody here is a hater. Skeptics maybe, but not haters. Whether you like to hear it or not, when you finally build a program that is nationally ranked for multiple years and a conference champion, its going worry some when you hand the reigns over to a first year head coach.

This program has been overhauled. Maybe not from a player perspective but certainly from a coaching and staff standpoint. Next year will be more of a player overhaul when we lose quite a few players. Then the concern will be how does he recruit.

I, too think we'll win the West and be in the CCG but its not going to be a foregone conclusion as you've stated. We won several one possession games in the West last year and were, quite frankly, lucky to leave Mobile with a win.

10. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

I don't think anybody here is a hater. Skeptics maybe, but not haters. Whether you like to hear it or not, when you finally build a program that is nationally ranked for multiple years and a conference champion, its going worry some when you hand the reigns over to a first year head coach.

This program has been overhauled. Maybe not from a player perspective but certainly from a coaching and staff standpoint. Next year will be more of a player overhaul when we lose quite a few players. Then the concern will be how does he recruit.

I, too think we'll win the West and be in the CCG but its not going to be a foregone conclusion as you've stated. We won several one possession games in the West last year and were, quite frankly, lucky to leave Mobile with a win.
    There are most certainly people here with an agenda. But I digress..

Specific to your point about one possession games: many of those games shouldn't have been close. We were obviously the superior team in almost every game we played. However, stubbornness of the HC played a huge role in the outcomes. I credit our players and their ability to overcome. I credit their mindset and knowing how to win. That won't change with the majority of our roster this year. Our core is still intact. Protect the football, gel together as units and have a few fortunate breaks. We'll be playing for a SBC Championship again in 2022 and I think it'll be in our own backyard. Again.

I’ll just address the last paragraph. We played a style of football that kept games close. We were not an explosive offensive team. So of course our scores would be close.

Many of those close games there were several opportunities to put teams away in the passing game. I’m expecting to see a much more explosive and quick strike offense this season. We will probably turn the ball over more, it’s almost impossible not to, as Levi was ultra conservative and it benefited us as well as hurt us.

I’m expecting us to average between 34-37ppg and Roughly 475yds per game.

There isn’t a single game on this schedule that if we play to our capabilities that we would lose. Now I don’t think that will happen. Which is why I think we will be 10-2 and host the SBC Champ game.

I’ll just address the last paragraph. We played a style of football that kept games close. We were not an explosive offensive team. So of course our scores would be close.

Many of those close games there were several opportunities to put teams away in the passing game. I’m expecting to see a much more explosive and quick strike offense this season. We will probably turn the ball over more, it’s almost impossible not to, as Levi was ultra conservative and it benefited us as well as hurt us.

I’m expecting us to average between 34-37ppg and Roughly 475yds per game.

There isn’t a single game on this schedule that if we play to our capabilities that we would lose. Now I don’t think that will happen. Which is why I think we will be 10-2 and host the SBC Champ game.
    I think we are pretty much fishing in the same hole.

What do you guys think? Do we run the table in the West again? Or do we take our first ever division loss? Troy? USA? USM? ULM? TxSt? stAte?

13. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

What do you guys think? Do we run the table in the West again? Or do we take our first ever division loss? Troy? USA? USM? ULM? TxSt? stAte?
    I think Troy and USA will be the biggest challenges, but USM intrigues me. I don't know what to expect with this team, they are going to be improved and they will eventually challenge on a regular basis for the West championship, the question is how big of a jump do they make this year.

I think we run the table in the west, "IF" we lose one I predict it will be Troy. I am more concerned on the Marshall game in the East, without playing the other big 3 (APP, Coastal, and Georgia State) in the East I like our chances.

14. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

stAte / USA / Troy all at home. I especially like getting Troy later in the year.
    Biggest wild card is Texas St. Lots of returning experience on that team, and it's a make or break year for Spavital. Coming off of FSU and a long away week, anything could happen.

Well he damn well better do something about the band's music selection!

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information