Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Speaking of horses it's probably time to put this thread out to pasture. (AKA Just Pagin)

2. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Good point and well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    No, you are a captain obvious. The statement was to point how to conform people to a group mentality by removing obstacles and distance. Not, to point out hygienic practices among army units.
    Why does all threads have to show how more informed “some” people are and then they wonder why no one wants to come to this site and interact with other fans of UL (as it was supposed to be a portal to get quality information about UL). How about trying to attract young people to be glad to promote UL and actually care. Then the stands may get filled.
    You are all over the place with this post. Classic thread derailed.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I'll tell you what I see here.

For three years, everything Matt Deggs did was wrong because it wasn't the way Tony did things. And, only when he won a championship did we understand there's more than one way to coach....more than one way to handle a team, more than one way to discipline.

Now Mike is doing something different and he's being criticized (you can use the word questioned all you want...I'm using the proper word) because he's doing something different from Billy. And, as someone said, once we (OMG) lose a game we were favored in, at least a couple will point to this as the reason why.

Just stop it. Let the man run his program.
    Don’t think we comparing apples to apples. I don’t recall one person complaining how Deggs ran his fall ball or preseason camp leading up to the season.

The complaints were more on X’s and O’s for instance 1st and 2nd no body out and instead of moving runners you ground into a double play or strike out ground out and get noting. Or 1 and 3rd no one out in a game that you know will be low scoring and you take 3 hacks and get nothing. Even Deggs must have seen the era in some of his ways because last season towards the later part he started moving runners more than before and even using small ball as a weapon with his speed guys. That was a complete 180 from what he was doing before.

Now lets say Des comes out and runs a wish bone, or a flex bone or a veer offense with the current personnel he has and people start complaining about the way he is running his offense and you say there is more than one way turn an O and win. That would be more of a fair comparison to Deggs.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Or sentencing him as a failure before there are any results established. We good at that here. Remember that legend coach playing Levi?
    You men the guy who won 40 fricking games as the QB? That guy? Just imagine, they could have won at least 40 games with the other guy. Right? Whoever the other guy was. Won't we get to see him this season? I hope can win us 10 or eleven games.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    Correct. But it was a good decision in order to get Cleo Fields endorsement for Kathleen Blanco.
    Why do I get the feeling that 90% of posters here STILL believe the BIG LIE?

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I'll tell you what I see here.

For three years, everything Matt Deggs did was wrong because it wasn't the way Tony did things. And, only when he won a championship did we understand there's more than one way to coach....more than one way to handle a team, more than one way to discipline.

Now Mike is doing something different and he's being criticized (you can use the word questioned all you want...I'm using the proper word) because he's doing something different from Billy. And, as someone said, once we (OMG) lose a game we were favored in, at least a couple will point to this as the reason why.

Just stop it. Let the man run his program.
    I got bad news for you old man. The only time people will get a chance to complain about something before the season is when something happens before the season. And telling people to quit making comments & letting their opinions be known is a kin to telling people to quit having an interest in the team. When fans criticize something they are taking an interest in it. And I haven't read where anyone made any ridiculous off the reservation comments about Coach. Everyone who has commented is one his side & has stated so publicly. And from what I've read, I have no reason to doubt anyone who's opined on this hopeful blip on the radar.

Is this a fan based message board, or a cult of personality? I have no problem with you coming out to homer for the home town coach. But you need to stop short of telling others what to think. They have as much right to their opinion as you do as long as it's based on a logical fact based "criticism." And the fact is, some of these guys are having to commute which eats into their other personal time & their rest time as well. I would like to know how many & what the thinking is on this. But the town we live in seems to think freedom of the press is a communist plot against the state.

8. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I got bad news for you old man. The only time people will get a chance to complain about something before the season is when something happens before the season. And telling people to quit making comments & letting their opinions be known is a kin to telling people to quit having an interest in the team. When fans criticize something they are taking an interest in it. And I haven't read where anyone made any ridiculous off the reservation comments about Coach. Everyone who has commented is one his side & has stated so publicly. And from what I've read, I have no reason to doubt anyone who's opined on this hopeful blip on the radar.

Is this a fan based message board, or a cult of personality? I have no problem with you coming out to homer for the home town coach. But you need to stop short of telling others what to think. They have as much right to their opinion as you do as long as it's based on a logical fact based "criticism." And the fact is, some of these guys are having to commute which eats into their other personal time & their rest time as well. I would like to know how many & what the thinking is on this. But the town we live in seems to think freedom of the press is a communist plot against the state.
    Wait, you telling Jay he can’t do what they do, for it’s protected only for them ��

The thinking is your first sentence was very rude.

Coach Dez answered some of these questions in the podcast interview he did with Jay. He links it in the thread about Andre Jones and Chris Smith. Listening to it gave me some optimism for the season and program going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    The thinking is your first sentence was very rude.
    My thinking is If you didn't have your ass on your shoulders you wouldn't have taken that comment that way. How was I supposed to address Jay? Your heroship sir? Or young man? I'm an old man myself & Jay was heading to junior high when I was born. So yeah old man,, or old buddy, or old chap, or old anything is very descriptive & I highly doubt Jay's feelings are singed to the core over it.

My thinking is If you didn't have your ass on your shoulders you wouldn't have taken that comment that way. How was I supposed to address Jay? Your heroship sir? Or young man? I'm an old man myself & Jay was heading to junior high when I was born. So yeah old man,, or old buddy, or old chap, or old anything is very descriptive & I highly doubt Jay's feelings are singed to the core over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Coach Dez answered some of these questions in the podcast interview he did with Jay. He links it in the thread about Andre Jones and Chris Smith. Listening to it gave me some optimism for the season and program going forward.
    Thanks Mike for being one of the informative & truly informed supporters of the program.

14. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Now you are stuttering.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    Don’t think we comparing apples to apples. I don’t recall one person complaining how Deggs ran his fall ball or preseason camp leading up to the season.

The complaints were more on X’s and O’s for instance 1st and 2nd no body out and instead of moving runners you ground into a double play or strike out ground out and get noting. Or 1 and 3rd no one out in a game that you know will be low scoring and you take 3 hacks and get nothing. Even Deggs must have seen the era in some of his ways because last season towards the later part he started moving runners more than before and even using small ball as a weapon with his speed guys. That was a complete 180 from what he was doing before.

Now lets say Des comes out and runs a wish bone, or a flex bone or a veer offense with the current personnel he has and people start complaining about the way he is running his offense and you say there is more than one way turn an O and win. That would be more of a fair comparison to Deggs.
    I'll dumb it down then.

Successful coach leaves. New coach does things differently. Fans freak out because they're not doing it the same way as the successful coach.

That's what I'm seeing.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information