Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Of course he is missing the picture. How can you expect someone who never played any kind of sports in school to understand the need for a team building environment, especially with a new regime. And yes I know Des was here last year. But not as a head coach & many of his assistants are brand new as well. Of course if they get off to a less than stellar start, you can rest assured the koolaid drinkers will be the first ones to attack anyone who questions the methods which might have led to that underachievement. I'm not wishing for bad things. But these guys are still 18-20 somethings with a lot of raging hormones & ideas of having fun that most of them weren't allowed to do at home. I think any time you give your team a greater sense of family you strengthen their desire to play harder for each other.
    Who never played any kind of sports in school?

2. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Of course he is missing the picture. How can you expect someone who never played any kind of sports in school to understand the need for a team building environment, especially with a new regime. And yes I know Des was here last year. But not as a head coach & many of his assistants are brand new as well. Of course if they get off to a less than stellar start, you can rest assured the koolaid drinkers will be the first ones to attack anyone who questions the methods which might have led to that underachievement. I'm not wishing for bad things. But these guys are still 18-20 somethings with a lot of raging hormones & ideas of having fun that most of them weren't allowed to do at home. I think any time you give your team a greater sense of family you strengthen their desire to play harder for each other.
    The Kool aid drinkers? Please, do expound.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The Kool aid drinkers? Please, do expound.
    You know the ones who will bash every.single.thing Dez does from here till the end of time.

You do realize the guy who implemented this policy played sports at a higher level than you do anything, right? Jesus do you even listen to yourself?

5. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

I got a text this morning that was so ridiculous, I think I should say something here.

Any of you lazy “writers” for the rags in this town getting ready to make this a “story”, you should give up on the idea. This is the biggest non-issue thread.

Per people very, intimately familiar with the “decision” to let kids live off of campus: FB players that qualify academically have always ALWAYS been able to live off of campus. There is a narrative being shaped here and on social media that Mike is soft on the players and this was misconstrued as an example of that narrative. There are agendas at work here. Be very careful what you read.

6. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    You know the ones who will bash every.single.thing Dez does from here till the end of time.
    I think he was talking about the crowd that will support, no matter what.

I think he was talking about the crowd that will support, no matter what.
    Oh I know...and he obtusely misses the crowd who will bash no matter what.....

8. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

I got a text this morning that was so ridiculous, I think I should say something here.

Any of you lazy “writers” for the rags in this town getting ready to make this a “story”, you should give up on the idea. This is the biggest non-issue thread.

Per people very, intimately familiar with the “decision” to let kids live off of campus: FB players that qualify academically have always ALWAYS been able to live off of campus. There is a narrative being shaped here and on social media that Mike is soft on the players and this was misconstrued as an example of that narrative. There are agendas at work here. Be very careful what you read.
    This is old hat and already covered.

9. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    This is old hat and already covered.
    Simply serving as a reminder for lazy writers that supposedly cover this program, looking to make a splash.

correct, the ones questioning the decision arent talking about during the season. they are specifically asking about the two weeks of camp before school starts mid august.

thats the only thing people are questioning whether or not it is a good idea, and its okay to question things.

11. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    correct, the ones questioning the decision arent talking about during the season. they are specifically asking about the two weeks of camp before school starts mid august.

thats the only thing people are questioning whether or not it is a good idea, and its okay to question things.
    Kids have lived off campus during camp too.
    What people aren’t understanding is how media is done now. We have an ex-Tech, UL hating reporter for the AdverTiger doing embarrassing work on our program right now. Dude is just waiting for a negative slant to start hammering Mike. And he’s lazy, like most print “journalists” are now days. He will come here and start using info. Incorrect info, but he doesn’t care.

And it’s not just him. Outside of Foote, no one really does real reporting on our team anymore. Their “news” comes from twitter and here.

I’m not trying to say don’t ask questions. Hell, I am the king of questioning. But keep things into perspective and remember what we’re up against. People don’t want to see UL stay on top in this state. They’ll find anything they can to topple us.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post

Thank you for clearing up the fog of ignorance which was fanned by the minions. If coach said weight training was no longer recommended due to too many injuries, there are those who would to find nothing but positives in it. the fact is coaches make good & bad decisions all the time. The one thing wrong I see in it is A) these guys are not professionals B) If Des sees this decision wasn't a good one, it's going to be a lot harder for him to walk it back than if he was to ere on the other side. That's neither an unfair, nor unjust second guess. And anyone who comes out & attacks it as such is nothing more than a koolaid drinking fool.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Not hardly. What he said is a myth. How many females in the military get shaved heads?
    He literally got it from the same definition you did. It just followed what you said. As a matter of fact, that definition noted that the whole throat slashing thing was why they originally did the shave head but it has changed, more to what he said. If anything is a myth, its your throat slashing reasoning.

What people aren’t understanding is how media is done now. We have an ex-Tech, UL hating reporter for the AdverTiger doing embarrassing work on our program right now. Dude is just waiting for a negative slant to start hammering Mike. And he’s lazy, like most print “journalists” are now days. He will come here and start using info. Incorrect info, but he doesn’t care.

And it’s not just him. Outside of Foote, no one really does real reporting on our team anymore. Their “news” comes from twitter and here.

I’m not trying to say don’t ask questions. Hell, I am the king of questioning. But keep things into perspective and remember what we’re up against. People don’t want to see UL stay on top in this state. They’ll find anything they can to topple us.
    And I understand your point. But what is the whole premise of letting guys stay away from campus again? Grades? without more knowledge I would suppose this means guys who have attended class meaning they are not freshmen for one. They are upper classmen. They have earned the privilege by virtue of their trustworthiness as young men to the coaches. But hey, it's not that big a deal to me. I'm not the one coaching for my job. So I don't have to answer for bad judgement if it slaps me in the face. I hope Des sees something none of the rest of us see & is making a decision that helps these guys run the table. It just doesn't sound like something that helps build a stronger team atmosphere at this level.

15. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Absolutely. This is not about living on or off campus, it's about the same fans that did not want Des as the HC just finding anything to complain about when there is really nothing available. Haters will be haters. Haters need to eat more cheese . . .

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information