Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    It’s very true. What you stated was also true in addition to the haircut also being a psychological purpose of stripping recruits of their individuality and promoting the team mentality.
    I thought it was so they wouldn't call us sissies. LoL

2. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Coming together the night before a game and bunking as a team can be very effective towards gaining focus.

If they are already stuck together 24/7 in a reality show environment, a Friday night come together loses its effectiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    He's not wrong though
    I state facts only. Some posters on this board don't like that.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Yes did you read a word of what I wrote. I can assure you that incident did not happen during training camp week. Heck I don't think it was during the football season at all. It was an early spring semester if I recall correctly. You do know the kids that are going to live in a dorm during the semester don't live in their full time dorm during camp right. It is a very closely monitored situation.
    It was April

Still oversight was at an all time high and this still happened

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The big misunderstanding happened around the time of the Spring Game, when all the players were rooming and practicing together.

https://forumeus.com/showthread.php/...highlight=xbox
    During spring everyone lives in their regular semester housing like dorms, apartments, rent houses etc. Not the same as August camp housing where everyone is in the same dorm facility that is very strictly monitor by coaches and GAs. Surely you can see the difference.

6. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Pop View Post
    During spring everyone lives in their regular semester housing like dorms, apartments, rent houses etc. Not the same as August camp housing where everyone is in the same dorm facility that is very strictly monitor by coaches and GAs. Surely you can see the difference.
    They went down the hall to do their business. This means they were in the same building, all together. One team, just like some propose MD keeps it.

It is amazing how ignorant to the facts that people are to the difference in the structure of a training camp and a regular semester. You cannot argue with people who are ignorant to the facts. No use. Lost cause.

They went down the hall to do their business. This means they were in the same building, all together. One team, just like some propose MD keeps it.
    First of all if you don’t understand what living in the dorm during camp when their are no other students on campus versus living in the dorm during a semester then we can’t really have an intelligent conversation about this. In the incident you are talking about that group of players lived in the same dorm. The team as a whole was spread out throughout campus in other dorms and in off campus apartments and houses. So no the team wasn’t all together and that was an isolated event with a few players who were not being monitored any where near that of a fall camp. The ncaa made it illegal years ago to have dorms dedicated to just athletes, since then the entire team no longer lives in the same building.

9. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

First of all if you don’t understand what living in the dorm during camp when their are no other students on campus versus living in the dorm during a semester then we can’t really have an intelligent conversation about this. In the incident you are talking about that group of players lived in the same dorm. The team as a whole was spread out throughout campus in other dorms and in off campus apartments and houses. So no the team wasn’t all together and that was an isolated event with a few players who were not being monitored any where near that of a fall camp. The ncaa made it illegal years ago to have dorms dedicated to just athletes, since then the entire team no longer lives in the same building.
    I agree, small sample size.

Me still thinks you worry overmuch.

Agendas.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I state facts only. Some posters on this board don't like that.
    Well, you were technically wrong when you told the other poster he was wrong as you were both right.

Y

I agree, small sample size.

Me still thinks you worry overmuch.
    Not overthinking as much as puzzled. Why change something that worked in the past and appears to work fo the vast majority of schools around the country. I’m from the school of thought if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. This just opens the door for for f ______ ups.

13. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

10 page thread because some found something to complain about CMD. It could have been any topic, it just happened to be housing during camp. I’m sure there is plenty more of this come.

Y

Not overthinking as much as puzzled. Why change something that worked in the past and appears to work fo the vast majority of schools around the country. I’m from the school of thought if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. This just opens the door for for f ______ ups.
    Dude get over it. We all know you are butt hurt because you can't be a hall monitor for this years camp

Looking forward to the 10 pages of discussion over how Dezmo doesn't cut his hair like Napier.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information