Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    In basic training they shave your head and make everyone look and act the same. You are made to work and care about teamwork in a very short time. We worked in various teams and always had a battle buddy. You were never an individual! I think removing life’s distractions/problems for a short time really allows them to focus. My hope is CMD is successful but allowing too much freedom to young men is bad. Remember the saying an idle mind is the devils workshop!
    Not true at all. It is done to prevent head lice and it is hard for the enemy to grab your hair if it is longer and slit your throat if you have longer hair versus not having hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Pop View Post
    Jeweler I’m sure Des knows more than me but that’s not my question. My question is what does he know more than his predecessor? And his predecessors mentors Saban and Sweeney. My question is what does he know that Saban, Sweeney and the overwhelming majority of college coached don’t. Of course he knows more than me but I will never win a college football game in my life. Ever since the abolishment of the athletic dorm coming together for camp has been the norm for most schools.
    Welcome Cajun Pop to the RPCA...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    RPCA?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Not true at all. It is done to prevent head lice and it is hard for the enemy to grab your hair if it is longer and slit your throat if you have longer hair versus not having hair.
    Did you go through the military?

I'm a firm believer in not creating problems that don't exist. They can and will find you eventually. Until there are actual events that call for review of Coach Desormeaux's decision, I'm more concerned with other areas of the football team that have questions to be answered.

Dorms are not full proof, I remember several incidents under Hudspet and a few under Bustle. Some athletes will push boundaries, and if those are serious in nature eventually they should be removed from the locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Not sure what that means but if it questioning the legitimacy of my questions and saying they are not valid concerns you would be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    Did you go through the military?
    Didn't you know JMV is an all-knowing expert?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I'm a firm believer in not creating problems that don't exist. They can and will find you eventually. Until there are actual events that call for review of Coach Desormeaux's decision, I'm more concerned with other areas of the football team that have questions to be answered.

Dorms are not full proof, I remember several incidents under Hudspet and a few under Bustle. Some athletes will push boundaries, and if those are serious in nature eventually they should be removed from the locker room.
    T I agree with what you say about dorms in general. But I don't recall any incidents in the dorms during the rigorous camp weeks. During camp week you have mandatory lights out times, GA collecting cell phones at certain times, so that kids can be focused every day as if they were showing up for a game the next day. I hope they all have the discipline to do that on there own. Camp week is different than just during a regular semester in a dorm, where there were incidents in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    T I agree with what you say about dorms in general. But I don't recall any incidents in the dorms during the rigorous camp weeks. During camp week you have mandatory lights out times, GA collecting cell phones at certain times, so that kids can be focused every day as if they were showing up for a game the next day. I hope they all have the discipline to do that on there own. Camp week is different than just during a regular semester in a dorm, where there were incidents in the past.
    You don't remember the entire team getting arrested because the stole from a player that sexualy assaulted someone.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    It’s very true. What you stated was also true in addition to the haircut also being a psychological purpose of stripping recruits of their individuality and promoting the team mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post

Leadership seems to be strength on this team . Smith , fields ,
    Jones and Hill are unquestioned leaders in the locker room and outside of it.

I agree strong leadership is present on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    You don't remember the entire team getting arrested because the stole from a player that sexualy assaulted someone.
    Yes did you read a word of what I wrote. I can assure you that incident did not happen during training camp week. Heck I don't think it was during the football season at all. It was an early spring semester if I recall correctly. You do know the kids that are going to live in a dorm during the semester don't live in their full time dorm during camp right. It is a very closely monitored situation.

14. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

The big misunderstanding happened around the time of the Spring Game, when all the players were rooming and practicing together.

https://forumeus.com/showthread.php/...highlight=xbox

Quote Originally Posted by Cantstandza View Post
    Didn't you know JMV is an all-knowing expert?
    He's not wrong though

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information