Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

I don't care if Des and his staff personally goes to each player's residence and tuck them in after giving them milk and a cookie, and a pat on the top of their head. Just win.

2. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I don't care if Des and his staff personally goes to each player's residence and tuck them in after giving them milk and a cookie, and a pat on the top of their head. Just win.
    Hahah exactly.

F

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    That would be a good thing. Equivalent to a curfew check in the dorm.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Well, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Des knows more about it than you. And guess what? He didnt make the decision all willy nilly. He considered all the variables and made the decision. So, question all you will as to whether I know better or not....cause I have no question whatsoever that Des knows better than you. No offense, but...Nah mean?
    Jeweler I’m sure Des knows more than me but that’s not my question. My question is what does he know more than his predecessor? And his predecessors mentors Saban and Sweeney. My question is what does he know that Saban, Sweeney and the overwhelming majority of college coached don’t. Of course he knows more than me but I will never win a college football game in my life. Ever since the abolishment of the athletic dorm coming together for camp has been the norm for most schools.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Geezus dude! You can't be serious. You're taking that a little far. It certainly didn't mean he had to do every single thing exactly as the previous coach. Your statement is beyond ridiculous. You're trying too hard here brother

I have a question. Let’s say in a month from now it comes out coach has decided that the team will now all stay in their own apartments on home game Friday nights. Will you be ok with that because Des said it?

6. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Pop View Post
    Jeweler I’m sure Des knows more than me but that’s not my question. My question is what does he know more than his predecessor? And his predecessors mentors Saban and Sweeney. My question is what does he know that Saban, Sweeney and the overwhelming majority of college coached don’t. Of course he knows more than me but I will never win a college football game in my life. Ever since the abolishment of the athletic dorm coming together for camp has been the norm for most schools.
    It works for them. Fact.

However, not trying something new just because no one else is doing it? Is flawed logic at its best.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    It works for them. Fact.

However, not trying something new just because no one else is doing it? Is flawed logic at its best.
    No your history. They brought them together to the dorms because being off campus with the abolishment of athletic dorms wasn’t working during camps. That was tested and tried long ago. Just like when they all lived on campus in the same dorm they didn’t stay in hotels on fridays before games. Kids were staying out all night so they started staying together. That has been tested long ago. (This was the case for schools across the country)

8. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

No your history. They brought them together to the dorms because being off campus with the abolishment of athletic dorms wasn’t working during camps. That was tested and tried long ago. Just like when they all lived on campus in the same dorm they didn’t stay in hotels on fridays before games. Kids were staying out all night so they started staying together. That has been tested long ago. (This was the case for schools across the country)
    Know your history.

The boot camp mentality prevailed coming back from WWII.

9. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Absolutely not. Not every single thing. You obviously are underestimating exactly how big of a move this is. This could be the difference in having laser type focus in camp, knowing your playbook, getting enough sleep.... or being distracted tired and doing stuff half ass. This isn’t like he’s going from green gator aid to orange or something. If you can’t see that then you have no clue how a fall camp is conducted and operates.
    No doubt some things have to change. CBN didn’t have NIL, and transfer portal. Like it or not those two things completely reversed the power structure from the university to the players.

Give Mike a shot first and then judge him. Geez some of you guys hope he fails. He isn't Napier so let him develop his own style.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Give Mike a shot first and then judge him. Geez some of you guys hope he fails. He isn't Napier so let him develop his own style.
    Not judging as much as scratching my head. I wish mike all the best. I loved him as a player and hopes he breaks the wins record as a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    No doubt some things have to change. CBN didn’t have NIL, and transfer portal. Like it or not those two things completely reversed the power structure from the university to the players.

This has nothing to do with nil it’s not like a kid will turn down big bucks from Florida because Des let’s him stay in his apartment during camp and billy makes him move in a dorm.

13. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

In one breath we call them kids, but these young men have been given the right to vote and could be called in to service for our country. You can't have it both ways. Maybe just maybe Coach Des is setting an expectation of personal accountability and team accountability. You have freedom but hold yourself accountable to your goals and the goals of your team. Is it possible that he is expecting these young men to step up rather than to be mollycoddled? I seem to remember a baseball Coach who showed integrity and set the bar for his players and when they fell short, they had to show accountability to play for him again.

UL Football Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

In basic training they shave your head and make everyone look and act the same. You are made to work and care about teamwork in a very short time. We worked in various teams and always had a battle buddy. You were never an individual! I think removing life’s distractions/problems for a short time really allows them to focus. My hope is CMD is successful but allowing too much freedom to young men is bad. Remember the saying an idle mind is the devils workshop!

U

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    In one breath we call them kids, but these young men have been given the right to vote and could be called in to service for our country. You can't have it both ways. Maybe just maybe Coach Des is setting an expectation of personal accountability and team accountability. You have freedom but hold yourself accountable to your goals and the goals of your team. Is it possible that he is expecting these young men to step up rather than to be mollycoddled? I seem to remember a baseball Coach who showed integrity and set the bar for his players and when they fell short, they had to show accountability to play for him again.
    I am going to say this and hope I don’t offend any one and don’t come off as being politically incorrect. Football and baseball players come from different places. For the most part they were just raised differently. They are 18 to 21 year old young college students and historically they do stupid stuff and make bad choices athletes or not. If I in his shoes I’d rather not give them the opportunity to make a bad choice.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information