Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    If you cant go to practice after drinking crispy boys at the BD until 2 am ... I dont want you on my team.
    I can remember have to meet at the track complex or a hotel off I-49 towards Carencro at 6am on Sunday for our 16 mile runs after a night out at the Keg or Nite Caps.

Now I can barely mow the yard if I’m out late on the driveway the night before.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I’m going to trust Mike until he gives me a reason not to. Just like the last 3 coaches we’ve had.

More concerned about the people telling RP posters details like where the guys are living.. And those people running here to start questioning every little thing that comes out of the complex…
    In post 51 didn’t you say their was a group renting a house in your neighborhood? I didn’t see anyone give more detail than that about where anyone is living.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    If you cant go to practice after drinking crispy boys at the BD until 2 am ... I dont want you on my team.
    Facts!

4. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    In post 51 didn’t you say their was a group renting a house in your neighborhood? I didn’t see anyone give more detail than that about where anyone is living.
    I know it’s hard for you to keep up, but please try. I used a personal anecdote to defend Mike. I didn’t run here to tell everyone Mike was having the players move off of campus. Not even close to the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I know it’s hard for you to keep up, but please try. I used a personal anecdote to defend Mike. I didn’t run here to tell everyone Mike was having the players move off of campus. Not even close to the same thing.
    Got you. I didn’t realize you were talking just for camp when you said telling people where they were living. I thought you were talking about location of the rent houses. Like in my neighborhood. Any way if you read the original post the poster appears informative and not trying to start all this mess just getting opinions on how you think it will affect camp. If Des is confident in the decision he made he should have no problem with who knows about the changes he made. Obviously he made the changes he did because he thinks it is in the best interest of his players. I am sure he will stand by that decision.

5 pages on coaches decision to change up camp a little.

I remember it like it was yesterday when Hud said he was going to change the way things were done and he was going to move everyone into the dorm for camp. They were going to catch the bus as a team outside the dorm and ride to the complex together and ride back on the busses together also.

I don’t think there were 5 comments more less 5 pages. Hud wasn’t afraid to make his change public. Hud was confident in his change and it wasn’t considered a leak. And no one was concerned with any questions coming out the complex then. I’m sure Mike is just as confident in his decision and would have no problem explaining why he thinks it’s best for his program.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Pop View Post

I remember it like it was yesterday when Hud said he was going to change the way things were done and he was going to move everyone into the dorm for camp. They were going to catch the bus as a team outside the dorm and ride to the complex together and ride back on the busses together also.

I don’t think there were 5 comments more less 5 pages. Hud wasn’t afraid to make his change public. Hud was confident in his change and it wasn’t considered a leak. And no one was concerned with any questions coming out the complex then. I’m sure Mike is just as confident in his decision and would have no problem explaining why he thinks it’s best for his program.
    Probably because that sounded like a good idea, where as the current decision is a little iffy.

There is enough room on this forum for people to share their opinion on what Coach Des is doing. It doesn't all have to be what you expect it to be. So what if there are 5 pages. It's a significant change to camp. Maybe it will be fine, maybe it won't. We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Pop View Post

Great point.

Shhh, y’all’s agenda is showing

From an old fart businessman's perspective it's a no brainer to do exactly what Des is doing.....a decentralized camp that saves you time & money from organizing & housing for 110+ for better part of a month.....will actually save a ton of organization time & resources getting all moved to campus, this will easily equate to several thousand $$$ in cost reduction.

11. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Here is what I do know....

The Doctor ain't no dummie.

Interesting read.

We hear CMD is loosening the ropes a little and thats all it takes for some of you to run in the wrong direction.

I spoke with Andre Jones and Chris Smith at media day. Look for the interview on our podcast page in the next few days. They do a good job of explaining the difference between Billy and Des.

It isn't necessarily a bad thing, unless you want to make it out to be so.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Interesting read.

We hear CMD is loosening the ropes a little and thats all it takes for some of you to run in the wrong direction.

I spoke with Andre Jones and Chris Smith at media day. Look for the interview on our podcast page in the next few days. They do a good job of explaining the difference between Billy and Des.

It isn't necessarily a bad thing, unless you want to make it out to be so.
    If all players display the maturity level of those 2 during camp then I am sure it will be great for all, but as we know that’s not the case. Some kids need a little more oversight in there lives to stay in line than others do. They need to be told put the phone down and go to bed. Curfew is 10PM don’t go to the bulldog tonight. Tell your girl friend you don’t need that drama you have a play book to learn in 2 weeks. Not all kids have the maturity level of Smith, Jones, Hill-Green, Fields, LeBlanc, Stephens Jr, Hudson, Garror, Wooldridge, Migl, Trahan,Quibodeaux,Rubio,Lumpkin….and others that have been around and knows what it takes to have a successful camp. Hopefully the younger guys will not get distracted with the new found freedoms.

If all players display the maturity level of those 2 during camp then I am sure it will be great for all, but as we know that’s not the case. Some kids need a little more oversight in there lives to stay in line than others do. They need to be told put the phone down and go to bed. Curfew is 10PM don’t go to the bulldog tonight. Tell your girl friend you don’t need that drama you have a play book to learn in 2 weeks. Not all kids have the maturity level of Smith, Jones, Hill-Green, Fields, LeBlanc, Stephens Jr, Hudson, Garror, Wooldridge, Migl, Trahan,Quibodeaux,Rubio,Lumpkin….and others that have been around and knows what it takes to have a successful camp. Hopefully the younger guys will not get distracted with the new found freedoms.
    If you have good leadership the team polices itself. The leadership takes command of the others. Des obviously trusts their leadership.

Coach Deggs talked recently about getting a text at 1am from one of his leaders. He said a player had missed curfew and would not be available for the conference championship game.

That's called policing yourself.

15. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

It’s amazing how they are “kids” when it comes to policing themselves but adults when they’re doing other things off of the field.. Like exercising their rights.. Very interesting

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information