Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Im just too old school to comment on this. But this is the new world of college athletics most likely. If it aint broke dont fix it

I had heard about the change up on Sunday. This morning I ran into a former Cajun / NFL guy in Reds and asked his thoughts. He said as a player he would definitely rather be in the dorm where there are no distractions. Practice. Meetings. Sleep. Eat sleep breath football. He said he could see lots of distractions being at home from the outside that will get their mind off of camp.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It’s a defining move?
    Yup. If successful, a trendsetter. A possible non monetary recruiting tool. Pull a conference championship out of it, promise others will follow the idea.

It can also blow up based on points others have made.

It’s his show, I trust he has a reason.

If it’s not working I’m sure a RPCA member will hint then let us know.

My concern is if he has the right set of men, this can work. But I can think some years where the police blotter reared it’s head. We’ll see.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Yup. If successful, a trendsetter. A possible non monetary recruiting tool. Pull a conference championship out of it, promise others will follow the idea.

It can also blow up based on points others have made.

It’s his show, I trust he has a reason.

If it’s not working I’m sure a RPCA member will hint then let us know.

My concern is if he has the right set of men, this can work. But I can think some years where the police blotter reared it’s head. We’ll see.
    Worked for the saints when they moved camp back to NOLA. Also helps when youe coach is not balls deep in WV _____s during camp.

Go ahead. Anticipate disaster

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Agreed! There are some on this board I feel want this guy to fail and it’s a damn shame! Geaux Cajuns!

It's just asking for trouble. You can't be these kid's best bud. I know, I've seen Last Chance U.

Maybe….just maybe….y’all are overthinking this.

I don’t see anyone anticipating disaster. But you’d have to be living in complete denial, to not admit there are many more opportunities, for distraction that gets your mind off of the camp, by not staying in a tightly monitored dorm. Kinda like the same reason why the team doesn’t stay in their own place on Fridays before a game. I think there are some fair questions here?

Obviously coaches are always trying to get better and make changes to get better. Help me out how will this change make camp better? How will this change be better in bringing his team together and bonding during camp? I’m just trying to figure the reason for change.

Athletes being forced to stay on campus didn't prevent that 2017 robbery arrest drama dealing with Artez Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Athletes being forced to stay on campus didn't prevent that 2017 robbery arrest drama dealing with Artez Williams.
    Pretty sure that didn’t happen during the rigorous schedule of fall camp. He was actually arrested in the spring semester when there is lots of idle time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Pop View Post
    I was actually being generous. It’s probably much closer to 100%. There is no published source that list those who dorm and those who don’t. But I have spent many hrs behind a steering wheel working a sales territory and listening to XM radio college football tour, during this time of year, over the last 15 or so years, to get a pretty good feel about many schools camp.
    So, no real info, just opinion listed as fact. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    So, no real info, just opinion listed as fact. Got it.
    It depends do you consider coaches talking about their programs and their camps on the radio for 15 years real info? Are you familiar with the program I’m talking about? They go coast to coast with different crews with a few stops a day on different campuses.

14. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Distraction comes in many ways, shapes, and forms. Staying in the dorms won't prevent them. Hell, the device in the photo distracts people daily.

Name:  iphone.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  104.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Until his plan backfires trust Des.
    It’s not even about that. Des was hired to keep in place what was already in place. Doc Maggard words not mine. So it’s fair to ask what didn’t you like about the old way of doing it? How do you see the new way being better for things like team bonding? Less distractions? Players making curfew and lights out bed times? How did you improve in those areas?

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information