Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 . LastLast

Thread: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    Let's see if I can make a point here.

If you are a player living off-campus and you move on campus for two weeks your routine gets thrown off. I travel for work and many of my trips require me to stay in a hotel for a week. My routine is thrown off, including sleep. I imagine the same thing happens for players living off-campus. There is something to be said for having a routine.

Furthermore, CMD is making this program his own with each step he takes. I respect that. He isn't Bustle, Hud, or Napier. He was hired as Head Coach and is making Head Coach decisions; I'd imagine he didn't arrive at this decision without talking to his staff and getting their input.

I'd encourage some of you to step away from the ledge and enjoy the ride. I've been around for Stokely, Baldwin, Bustle, Hudspeth, Napier, and now Desormeaux. I've seen the highs and lows. Trust the process and be part of the #cULture
    If what you are saying is true in your first paragraph then we should also hope that the team is no longer going to stay in hotels the Friday nights before a home game. That is the night I would think a good night sleep and being in your own bed and routine would be most important.

I can’t believe this thread is still a thing

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    Let's see if I can make a point here.

If you are a player living off-campus and you move on campus for two weeks your routine gets thrown off. I travel for work and many of my trips require me to stay in a hotel for a week. My routine is thrown off, including sleep. I imagine the same thing happens for players living off-campus. There is something to be said for having a routine.

Furthermore, CMD is making this program his own with each step he takes. I respect that. He isn't Bustle, Hud, or Napier. He was hired as Head Coach and is making Head Coach decisions; I'd imagine he didn't arrive at this decision without talking to his staff and getting their input.

I'd encourage some of you to step away from the ledge and enjoy the ride. I've been around for Stokely, Baldwin, Bustle, Hudspeth, Napier, and now Desormeaux. I've seen the highs and lows. Trust the process and be part of the #cULture
    I have been around for all those as well as Robertson, Tameirillo, and Faulkinberry. What I have learned is the game evolves and the successful ones evolve with time. That is not to say you don't continue using what has proven to be successul. In today's world, mental health is finally getting the attention it deserves. Coaches have to keep that aspect in mind when making decisions for all in their program. That includes all the people in the program beyond the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I have been around for all those as well as Robertson, Tameirillo, and Faulkinberry. What I have learned is the game evolves and the successful ones evolve with time. That is not to say you don't continue using what has proven to be successul. In today's world, mental health is finally getting the attention it deserves. Coaches have to keep that aspect in mind when making decisions for all in their program. That includes all the people in the program beyond the players.
    I could be wrong and please point out where I am missing something if so. I don’t think anything talked about here would go as far as effecting someone’s mental health.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    I could be wrong and please point out where I am missing something if so. I don’t think anything talked about here would go as far as effecting someone’s mental health.
    You’re questioning Mike’s decision to let the players stay at home. Mike believes in helping someone’s mental health at all costs. Mike believes that letting players stay in their own homes is good for their mental health. What don’t you get?

Edited to add: listen to Jay’s podcast with Mike FFS

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    You’re questioning Mike’s decision to let the players stay at home. Mike believes in helping someone’s mental health at all costs. Mike believes that letting players stay in their own homes is good for their mental health. What don’t you get?

Edited to add: listen to Jay’s podcast with Mike FFS
    That is a stretch. Then by the same token you would have to conclude that every college and professional team that move into a dorm facility during camp is mentally abusing their teams, if it is bad for mental health? Please give me a freaking break.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    That is a stretch. Then by the same token you would have to conclude that every college and professional team that move into a dorm facility during camp is mentally abusing their teams, if it is bad for mental health? Please give me a freaking break.
    Good lord man it’s not mental abuse. He just feels it’s better for their mental psyche. Lol

Good lord man it’s not mental abuse. He just feels it’s better for their mental psyche. Lol
    Watch out using the lords name around Deacon Thibodeaux.

9. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Lord is not a name, its a title, but your point is taken.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I'm waiting for his wing man Boudreaux to show up.

11. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

It’s a pretty good day in Cajun land when this is all there is for the complainers to complain about.

Only person 's mental state I'm worried about is Gaston's. This poor man is shook over this. It's really strange. Somebody check on him, please.

13. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

This is the biggest attempt at a "set up" thread for an "I told you so" thread in RP history.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    This is the biggest attempt at a "set up" thread for an "I told you so" thread in RP history.
    So throw it in the bushes. This is your board after all.

So throw it in the bushes. This is your board after all.
    Needs to be thrown on the trash heap of RP history.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 . LastLast

Thread Information