Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 . LastLast

Thread: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Very very rude!!
    Looking at Jay's post, I don't see where the hair on his nuts got singed, at least not by the term old man. He might have had his feelings hurt by the truthfulness of my message, but the old man thing was as much a sign of respect as anything. But since your butt seems to be hurt so badly for him, may I suggest that the senior members of the board ( AKA also known as the shady rest home _____ masters) make up their own tora by which one is so severely offended for their fellow poster, by their fellow poster for describing them in an accurate manner. Or has Jay visited the fountain of Benjamin Buttons?

I trust MD. I'm gonna wait for year 3 to give an overall judgement. Fact based assessments are the best judge.
    So if anyone gets arrested, or hurt in an auto accident, etc etc etc. of all the myriad of things that young guys can get into, or have happen while they're supposed to be eating & sleeping football, it's all strictly on them? No worries then. Everyone of you better tow that line from here on out then, especially you old farts suffering the infinite amount of booty hurt.

First, I'm not old like Jay lol. I'm a pup at just turned 56. Aftet reading the context of your original statement, I get your message. BUT Jay is the real dean of Cajun Sports. I don't always agree with his views, but much respect to him. POSTERS here feel the same I speculate.

First, I'm not old like Jay lol. I'm a pup at just turned 56. Aftet reading the context of your original statement, I get your message. BUT Jay is the real dean of Cajun Sports. I don't always agree with his views, but much respect to him. POSTERS here feel the same I speculate.
    And so do I. I paid jay the greatest compliment he's probably ever gotten from anyone telling him he is the Vin Scully of the UL program. to me there has never been a better pairing of color & play by play at any level than Jay Walker & Gerald Broussard. That's as good as Pat Sumrall & John Madden, or Al Michaels & Madden. And Jay has been equally if not more so gifted & giving to the UL faithful in basketball & especially man's baseball. I'd rather hear Jay call a UL baseball game than watch most baseball games of anyone else.

I know he's a homer & a loyal UL guy to the core. And yet he has a talent for being very objective when he is on the air all things considered. And I don't mind his homerisms over Des. What I do object to in general, is that any time anyone makes a thread concerning a huge part of season preparation which veers in a 180 degree change from the previous two coaching staffs (which were highly successful I might add). That this group of proclaimed protectors comes out of the wood work to attack said questioner. I happen to be curious as to what his thinking was. And did he consider all the possible scenarios he could face as a young coach making that kind of decision? My heavens people. If we can't even get this far in our interest of the team & the coach, then how in hell is any large consensus ever going to come together to support the man?

I don't see anyone "freaking out" except UL apologists who act as though every single move that happens in the athletic department is holy, holy holy. That is until they realize a guy is such a turd he's has to be gotten rid of. Then it takes three years, or more for the Administration to make up their minds to do anything about said turd until all interest in that particular program has had the life choked out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    Gaston--Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs etc would like to have a word with you. Just because something is successful doesn't mean it is the only way to be successful. The world is constantly changing. Successful leaders challenge the status quo. You sound like the employee who was asked why are we doing it this way, his response is because we have always done it this way.
    Actually what you are failing to understand is that the way Des is doing it was tried by many coaches when the athletics dorms were first abolished. It didn’t work. To many outside distractions in camp. That’s when the vast majority started bringing them together on campus for fall camp. So it is not that Des is a pioneer blazing new trails here he is actually going backwards and reverting back to ways that others found didn’t work very well. I hope he gets better results.

6. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    Actually what you are failing to understand is that the way Des is doing it was tried by many coaches when the athletics dorms were first abolished. It didn’t work. To many outside distractions in camp. That’s when the vast majority started bringing them together on campus for fall camp. So it is not that Des is a pioneer blazing new trails here he is actually going backwards and reverting back to ways that others found didn’t work very well. I hope he gets better results.
    Source?

No Let me simplify it for you.

First year head coach comes in and changes a major part of his training camp that his predecessor learned from saban and Sweeney. Something that all successful colleges football coaches are doing in their camps today. And fans ask what does he know that all these long time successful coaches don’t? How will this move make his camp better than all the other schools that use the other way of doing it? May be if he explained the thought process behind it, how it will make them more focused through camp and have a tighter bond on the team, people who are questioning would understand and wouldn’t do so.

In a nut shell, it is not that he’s changing what Billy did, he’s going against the grain of the vast majority of the most successful coaches in college football in America. Just tell us what you know that they don’t.

Having said that I am 100% in the Des camp and hope he becomes the all time winningest coach here in the shortest amount time. I wish for him a career like the last guy we had who’s name ended in aux.
    You've literally made the same post at least 10 times in this thread. We get it, man. Your point doesn't become valid just because you say it 10 times. You disagree with the coach. You have your reasons for it. Got it. Done. Please man, for the love of God.give it a rest bro.

One of the things Mentioned in the interview with Jay was a the impact of a normal sleep cycle on mental health. Staying in your own bed in a tough situation can help deal with the stress. Training camp is a stressful situation by nature. Gerald Broussard was asked about the decision on Billy RyckmAn’s show this morning. Said he hated having to move into the dorms while coaching. Also said that if the season turns out somewhat disappointing, some May look back at this move and say I told you so. One other point made in the podcast should provide a little relief. THat is curfews and that bed check will still be in effect. During camp, you are too busy and too tired for any distractions. Once again I encourage folks to listen to Jay’s podcast interview with Coach.

9. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

It’s not hard for 10 or so coaches to spot check curfew if they deem it necessary. I believe this move will tell the coaches exactly what leadership they have on this team and a lot of whether the team will be successful or not.

No Let me simplify it for you.

First year head coach comes in and changes a major part of his training camp that his predecessor learned from saban and Sweeney. Something that all successful colleges football coaches are doing in their camps today. And fans ask what does he know that all these long time successful coaches don’t? How will this move make his camp better than all the other schools that use the other way of doing it? May be if he explained the thought process behind it, how it will make them more focused through camp and have a tighter bond on the team, people who are questioning would understand and wouldn’t do so.

In a nut shell, it is not that he’s changing what Billy did, he’s going against the grain of the vast majority of the most successful coaches in college football in America. Just tell us what you know that they don’t.

Having said that I am 100% in the Des camp and hope he becomes the all time winningest coach here in the shortest amount time. I wish for him a career like the last guy we had who’s name ended in aux.
    You are looking at this wrong. He doesn't owe fans a reason why he tweaked something. It is what it is. You can complain when or if it fails. Until then give the guy a chance to see if it works.

I trust MD. I'm gonna wait for year 3 to give an overall judgement. Fact based assessments are the best judge.
    Right on Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    You've literally made the same post at least 10 times in this thread. We get it, man. Your point doesn't become valid just because you say it 10 times. You disagree with the coach. You have your reasons for it. Got it. Done. Please man, for the love of God.give it a rest bro.
    His posts during the season should be more fun than a barrel of drunk monkeys.

13. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Looking at Jay's post, I don't see where the hair on his nuts got singed, at least not by the term old man. He might have had his feelings hurt by the truthfulness of my message, but the old man thing was as much a sign of respect as anything. But since your butt seems to be hurt so badly for him, may I suggest that the senior members of the board ( AKA also known as the shady rest home _____ masters) make up their own tora by which one is so severely offended for their fellow poster, by their fellow poster for describing them in an accurate manner. Or has Jay visited the fountain of Benjamin Buttons?
    Say what you want about Kyle, agree or disagree, whatever. The posts are never boring. Lol.

14. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Now Des is going backwards…

I think this will be my final comment on this subject.

1. Calling me "old man" is not offensive to me. It's accurate.and perhaps if I didn't know the one who said it, perhaps it bothers me more. But BK and I have been agreeing, disagreeing and sometimes getting downright PO'd at each other since back when I wasn't old. I wouldn't change it. He and I are good.

2. But I do part company with BK with his comments about my comments. Sure, it's OK to question things. But when the explanation is given multiple times, there comes a time to put it to rest. We are WAY past that point.

3. I did a 20 minute conversation with Chris Smith and Andre Jones at SBC media day. One of the questions I asked was "What's different?" You might be interested in their answers.

4. The day before the players reported, I did an hour, one on one, with CMD. The question about where players stay during training camp was answered in the first five minutes of the interview. We also covered many other topics. Evidently the only person who listened to either interview was Cajuns Mike, because he's the only one who made a comment about it. No, I'm not butt hurt about it. But you guys demand information and _____ when you don't get it.
    It's there. A link was provided right here on Ragin' Pagin.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 . LastLast

Thread Information