Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 . LastLast

Thread: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Why do I get the feeling that 90% of posters here STILL believe the BIG LIE?
    Jerry Baldwin was 100% a Blanco hire.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    You would be correct sir.

Turbine I thought we put this thread to pasture long ago? Who let it back in the barn?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Wait, you telling Jay he can’t do what they do, for it’s protected only for them ��
    100% correct

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Yup!!! I was working there at the time and can attest to that

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    The thinking is your first sentence was very rude.
    Very very rude!!

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I'll dumb it down then.

Successful coach leaves. New coach does things differently. Fans freak out because they're not doing it the same way as the successful coach.

That's what I'm seeing.
    No Let me simplify it for you.

First year head coach comes in and changes a major part of his training camp that his predecessor learned from saban and Sweeney. Something that all successful colleges football coaches are doing in their camps today. And fans ask what does he know that all these long time successful coaches don’t? How will this move make his camp better than all the other schools that use the other way of doing it? May be if he explained the thought process behind it, how it will make them more focused through camp and have a tighter bond on the team, people who are questioning would understand and wouldn’t do so.

In a nut shell, it is not that he’s changing what Billy did, he’s going against the grain of the vast majority of the most successful coaches in college football in America. Just tell us what you know that they don’t.

Having said that I am 100% in the Des camp and hope he becomes the all time winningest coach here in the shortest amount time. I wish for him a career like the last guy we had who’s name ended in aux.

8. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

I like everything MD is doing.

9. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post

First year head coach comes in and changes a major part of his training camp that his predecessor learned from saban and Sweeney. Something that all successful colleges football coaches are doing in their camps today. And fans ask what does he know that all these long time successful coaches don’t? How will this move make his camp better than all the other schools that use the other way of doing it? May be if he explained the thought process behind it, how it will make them more focused through camp and have a tighter bond on the team, people who questioning would understand and wouldn’t do so.

In a nut shell it is not that he’s changing what Billy did, he’s going against the grain of the vast majority of the most successful coaches in college football coaches I’m America. Just tell us what you know that they don’t.

Having said that I am 100% in the Des camp and hope he becomes the all time winningest coach here in the shortest amount time. I wish for him a career like the last guy we had who’s name ended in aux.
    Major part of his training camp . . . Says who?

All successful football coaches are doing . . . Source?

He must explain . . . Why give his secret and thought process to others, let them learn on their own.

10. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

I like everything CMD is doing. He is creating by in by responsibility as opposed to whip and chains. Novel idea.

I trust MD. I'm gonna wait for year 3 to give an overall judgement. Fact based assessments are the best judge.

12. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post

First year head coach comes in and changes a major part of his training camp that his predecessor learned from saban and Sweeney. Something that all successful colleges football coaches are doing in their camps today. And fans ask what does he know that all these long time successful coaches don’t? How will this move make his camp better than all the other schools that use the other way of doing it? May be if he explained the thought process behind it, how it will make them more focused through camp and have a tighter bond on the team, people who are questioning would understand and wouldn’t do so.

In a nut shell, it is not that he’s changing what Billy did, he’s going against the grain of the vast majority of the most successful coaches in college football in America. Just tell us what you know that they don’t.

Gaston--Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs etc would like to have a word with you. Just because something is successful doesn't mean it is the only way to be successful. The world is constantly changing. Successful leaders challenge the status quo. You sound like the employee who was asked why are we doing it this way, his response is because we have always done it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    I trust MD. I'm gonna wait for year 3 to give an overall judgement. Fact based assessments are the best judge.
    Same I'm in a wait and see mode. Unless he only wins like 3 games next year he gets 4 years to build out his team.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Same I'm in a wait and see mode. Unless he wins like 3 games next year he gets 4 years to build out his team.
    Yup no doubt. Until then I ll support my head coach in every way. ONLY coach I don't support is our big fish. Fact based assessment condemns him .PERIOD

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I like everything CMD is doing. He is creating by in by responsibility as opposed to whip and chains. Novel idea.
    Athletes are too coddled. Put some responsibility on them. Let the senior team leaders help to keep these players in line. Step out of line and try to take advantage of what is being given to them and pay the price. The players should be better for the experience. Time to learn responsibility.

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 . LastLast

Thread Information