Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

1. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Agree with you except the extra layer of support. It's the largest moneymaker, it needs to be strickly business.

We have three local coaches who finished 5th, 5th and last in 21-22, and excuses abound. Track is the only one that had NCAA championship level participation in the last decade, but hey, it's ok. They're all one of us.

Heck, even the last bastion of hiring favorite sons, McLeast, finally figured that is not the model for success.
    Yea but that’s not what I’m talking about. Completely different situation here.

Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Did he hire himself?
    No but you asked who was responsible for having only 45 scholarship players. That was totally a poor roster management situation by Baldwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Hell, if I hadn’t known he already left, I’d have thought you were just describing Tim Buckley.

I’ll give the Diaz guy a shot, but sounds like he’s already run with and printed false info on other matters.
    Nick Diaz?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    No but you asked who was responsible for having only 45 scholarship players. That was totally a poor roster management situation by Baldwin.
    It was an even poorer management decision to hire him.

5. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Try less than 45 on scholarship.
    Bustle didn't try to help himself much his first year, he only signed 17.

So then he was up to near 62 going into 2002 season.

Nick Diaz?
    No. Cory

I'll tell you what I see here.

For three years, everything Matt Deggs did was wrong because it wasn't the way Tony did things. And, only when he won a championship did we understand there's more than one way to coachmore than one way to handle a team, more than one way to discipline.

Now Mike is doing something different and he's being criticized (you can use the word questioned all you want.I'm using the proper word) because he's doing something different from Billy. And, as someone said, once we (OMG) lose a game we were favored in, at least a couple will point to this as the reason why.

Just stop it. Let the man run his program.

That was a political play by Martin Hall. Not one ounce of a damn was given about the football team itself when that decision was made.

Correct. But it was a good decision in order to get Cleo Fields endorsement for Kathleen Blanco.

Geezus, give this s___ a rest! It's dead already. We get ityou want them to camp in the dorms. Des is making a mistake. Duely noted.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Geezus, give this s___ a rest! It's dead already. We get ityou want them to camp in the dorms. Des is making a mistake. Duely noted.
    Beating a dead horse is a RP tradition.lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    A lot to unpack here. I’ll be brief.

1) Zero hatred for Hudspeth. Had a personal relationship with the man. But facts are facts. The culture was toxic after about year 2.5.
    2) I’m not discounting the need for debate. You’re correct that things are up in the air. But I’ll say again, agendas were defined immediately after Mike was named coach. It’s very obvious what’s happening every time someone starts with this kind of crap.
    3) If you don’t think that Rickey changed a lot of things around here, I’ll have to question how closely you follow this program. Hudspeth took Bustle’s players and won with them. You want to argue that he wasn’t energetic and great at X & O’s? That’s another conversation. But he changed the course of our program, with regard to how to build and maintain.
    4) Supporting Mike as our coach before he’s even completed his first off season has nothing to do with being self serving. It’s something we should all be doing. In fact, because he’s a local son, former player and coach, and life long supporter of this place, he should be given an extra layer of support, regardless of what happens this first few months, in my opinion. This guy has inherited a program going through enormous change, a fickle ass fanbase and almost unfair expectations. The last thing he needs is our hardcore fans starting ____ over nothing.

I’m going to choose to support this guy until he gives me a real reason to doubt him. Because he deserves that.
    How personal of a relationship did you actually have

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    Questioning as to why one is getting away from a very proven successful method that is very widely used throughout all of college football is not sabotaging. Since when do we live in a world where it is not ok to question? The only place I know in our society today that you are not allowed to question is if you question the corrupt leftest. They will put these fake fact checkers out on your question. To my knowledge it is still OK to question a college football coach.
    Ask Mike directly why he changes it up.

I'm just gonna go ahead and trust Mike's judgment at least in the first few seasons.

UL Football Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I state facts only. Some posters on this board don't like that.
    No, you are a captain obvious. The statement was to point how to conform people to a group mentality by removing obstacles and distance. Not, to point out hygienic practices among army units.
    Why does all threads have to show how more informed “some” people are and then they wonder why no one wants to come to this site and interact with other fans of UL (as it was supposed to be a portal to get quality information about UL). How about trying to attract young people to be glad to promote UL and actually care. Then the stands may get filled.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread Information