Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Can't wait for the in-game threads....

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    10 page thread because some found something to complain about CMD. It could have been any topic, it just happened to be housing during camp. I’m sure there is plenty more of this come.
    I agree Vic 10 pages is a little much. But if you only see this as about housing and not about what your losing from a team bonding aspect and a team remaining focused aspect and the potential of having kids running the roads all night during camp where they would not in the way it was done previously then you are completely missing the picture. JMO.

3. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I agree Vic 10 pages is a little much. But if you only see this as about housing and not about what your losing from a team bonding aspect and a team remaining focused aspect and the potential of having kids running the roads all night during camp where they would not in the way it was done previously then you are completely missing the picture. JMO.
    You are describing a set of facts that has yet to happen and doing a great job of painting a very disturbing picture of the kids we have on our team. Damn the coach and damn the team, we know they going to ph**k up, right . . .

You are describing a set of facts that has yet to happen and doing a great job of painting a very disturbing picture of the kids we have on our team. Damn the coach and damn the team, we know they going to ph**k up, right . . .
    I am not describing something that I hope happens. I am simply saying you are dealing with 18 to 21 year olds, who don't always make the best choices. This just gives them more opportunities to make bad choices. There is a reason why the overwhelming majority of college football coaches at the FBS level run their camp as Napier and Hud did. The only thing I can figure as someone said here previously this might be a financial deal. That is the only reason I could see Mike thinking this is a good idea as he has seen the success Billy had over the last 4 years.

5. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

I am not describing something that I hope happens. I am simply saying you are dealing with 18 to 21 year olds, who don't always make the best choices. This just gives them more opportunities to make bad choices. There is a reason why the overwhelming majority of college football coaches at the FBS level run their camp as Napier and Hud did. The only thing I can figure as someone said here previously this might be a financial deal. That is the only reason I could see Mike thinking this is a good idea as he has seen the success Billy had over the last 4 years.
    Des will take this thread and force them to read how little confidence some fans have in them and will then tell them to prove those fans wrong . . .

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    You ain't lying. We won 40 games in 4 years under Napier. A school that had never, in something like 345 years of football, won 10 games even once. We averaged that for 4 years. And the game threads were a complete ____show, in which you swear our coach shouldn't be leading a pee wee team in the berry.

Des will take this thread and force them to read how little confidence some fans have in them and will then tell them to prove those fans wrong . . .
    I would imagine des probably hopes his players never discover there is such a thing as Ragin Pagin more a less point it out to them.

8. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    I would imagine des probably hopes his players never discover there is such a thing as Ragin Pagin more a less point it out to them.
    True.

When he was a player he made a notable post on RP giving us an attitude adjustment.

ps I can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Pop View Post
    First of all if you don’t understand what living in the dorm during camp when their are no other students on campus versus living in the dorm during a semester then we can’t really have an intelligent conversation about this. In the incident you are talking about that group of players lived in the same dorm. The team as a whole was spread out throughout campus in other dorms and in off campus apartments and houses. So no the team wasn’t all together and that was an isolated event with a few players who were not being monitored any where near that of a fall camp. The ncaa made it illegal years ago to have dorms dedicated to just athletes, since then the entire team no longer lives in the same building.
    LoL! Man, you're REALLY bothered by this.

10. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    All time level of madness on RP coming for those..

11. Default Re: Des Makes Big Change To August Camp

Oh, they need to see this one.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Well, you were technically wrong when you told the other poster he was wrong as you were both right.
    Not hardly. What he said is a myth. How many females in the military get shaved heads?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    You ain't lying. We won 40 games in 4 years under Napier. A school that had never, in something like 345 years of football, won 10 games even once. We averaged that for 4 years. And the game threads were a complete ____show, in which you swear our coach shouldn't be leading a pee wee team in the berry.
    Them Westgate Tigers from the Berry won state! No pee wee going on.

Of course he is missing the picture. How can you expect someone who never played any kind of sports in school to understand the need for a team building environment, especially with a new regime. And yes I know Des was here last year. But not as a head coach & many of his assistants are brand new as well. Of course if they get off to a less than stellar start, you can rest assured the koolaid drinkers will be the first ones to attack anyone who questions the methods which might have led to that underachievement. I'm not wishing for bad things. But these guys are still 18-20 somethings with a lot of raging hormones & ideas of having fun that most of them weren't allowed to do at home. I think any time you give your team a greater sense of family you strengthen their desire to play harder for each other.

Some UL players and coaches are already on this site.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information