Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Commuter Schools Defined

Default Re: Football Attendance Comparison

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    My freshmen year, I lived in apartments off of Kaliste saloom. Parked at CF every single day. Many people did that. It was way more convenient and cheaper.

UL is not a commuter school.
    Like I said I worked in parking and transit and you were the minority. The vast majority of parking passes were sold to people that were living in small Acadiana towns living with mom at home. The definition of commuter. I am not going to keep arguing something that has been a known fact about this school for decades.

2. Default Re: Football Attendance Comparison

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Like I said I worked in parking and transit and you were the minority. The vast majority of parking passes were sold to people that were living in small Acadiana towns living with mom at home. The definition of commuter. I am not going to keep arguing something that has been a known fact about this school for decades.
    Do you have a solid number to attach to "vast majority"?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Ever lived in a UL dorm? Your spouse? Raise your hand!

4th floor Mcullough and THE Roymada Inn...wifey dormed as well at UNC G
    5th floor Mcullough.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Rabble rabble rabble…. Plain and simple we need to get our ____ together to compete at the highest level or we can just be happy where we are at and accept we will never be big time. THE TIME IS NOW OR WE WILL NEVER CATCH UP!
    We aren't catching up. Dr. A set us back 50 plus years.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Do you have a solid number to attach to "vast majority"?
    This is a few years back. But back then the study Mr G did said 80%.

6. Default Re: Football Attendance Comparison

Right the term for those who come to campus Monday through Friday and go home every weekend would be a suitcase college.
    ….maybe not every weekend but there are some……Holidays, reunions, family weddings/funerals, boyfriend/girlfriend, birthdays, etc……frats/sororities really helped the sports attendance and now even grad Greeks help the situation…..yea the solution would be making attendance the COOL thing to do and this applies to present and past students as well as residents of Acadiana!

7. Default Re: Football Attendance Comparison

This is a few years back. But back then the study Mr G did said 80%.
    8 out of 10 is 80%

I was wondering if there was a solid number on the permits.

8. Default Re: Football Attendance Comparison

UL is not a ____ing commuter school. Georgia Southern is a commuter school because they're in the middle of ATL.
    That would be Georgia State. Apparently the conference mates are not registered in your mind. Georgia Southern is much closer to UL. Both have lots of locals and a decent group from 50 plus miles. Not sure how close to commuter school that puts us. Would be nice if we had an additional 4-6K from beyond 50 miles.

My great nephew from Metairie decided to go to UL. His favorite weekend activities were hunting and fishing. He loved the outdoors here. I’m pretty sure he attended a limited number of UL sporting events. Being from away doesn’t make you a football or basketball fan.

UL is not a ____ing commuter school. Georgia Southern is a commuter school because they're in the middle of ATL.
    MAT, Georgia State is in Atlanta.

So, how bout that Cajun SLU game? Can’t get here soon enough

My freshmen year, I lived in apartments off of Kaliste saloom. Parked at CF every single day. Many people did that. It was way more convenient and cheaper.

UL is not a commuter school.
    Actually UL is the definition of commuter school. If UL is not a commuter school can you give your definition as to what constitutes a commuter school?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Pop View Post
    Actually UL is the definition of commuter school. If UL is not a commuter school can you give your definition as to what constitutes a commuter school?
    How do you know how many students commute? We have a lot of new dorms on campus and many students live around campus in apartments. How does one identify students who live at home with their parents and commute? Seems to me to be just guessing?

With almost 20,000 students at UL, even if 50% commute, that is still 10,000 on or near campus. There is no reason to not have at least 5,000 students per game.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    How do you know how many students commute? We have a lot of new dorms on campus and many students live around campus in apartments. How does one identify students who live at home with their parents and commute? Seems to me to be just guessing?

With almost 20,000 students at UL, even if 50% commute, that is still 10,000 on or near campus. There is no reason to not have at least no 5,000 students per game.
    If it is not a “commuter” school it is definitely a suit case college. All those kids you are talking about go home on the weekends and don’t come back for games. You ever see the dorms on the weekend? Ghost town. I agree with the 5k number no reason to not get that or better. I never could understand what a kid living in Crowley, Opelousas or NI wouldn’t come back for a football game on Sat. If they are a football fan at all.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post

With almost 20,000 students at UL, even if 50% commute, that is still 10,000 on or near campus. There is no reason to not have at least no 5,000 students per game.
    Currently they can accommodate 3700 students on campus.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    If it is not a “commuter” school it is definitely a suit case college. All those kids you are talking about go home on the weekends and don’t come back for games. You ever see the dorms on the weekend? Ghost town. I agree with the 5k number no reason to not get that or better. I never could understand what a kid living in Crowley, Opelousas or NI wouldn’t come back for a football game on Sat. If they are a football fan at all.
    If the dorms really do become ghost towns on weekends, we need to make the strip great again.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information