Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: SBC Media Deal

1. Default Re: SBC Media Deal

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Liberty is a fantastic best case scenario comparison and they have so much more money than Louisiana. Considering that fact, NMSU is most comparable.

I will give Turbine this, had USL had a vision 40 years ago the Independent route could have lended a positive result.

Lastly, ND and BYU both have National Championships and Heisman winners/finalist…not an apples to apples comparison.
    I agree that there was a time where being independent would have made much more sense and probably would have helped us. That time is not now.

2. Default Re: SBC Media Deal

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    What? Have you seen the schedules they played? They are the best comparison that you can find out there. The only argument you'd have is that they are newly FBS. Everything else translates, and in some cases, they have a huge advantage over what we'd have to offer.
    If Louisiana wasn't in the SBC, do you think a home-and-home with Texas State could be lined up?

Liberty had to pay Texas State 1$ million dollars to get them to play them.

No body wanted to play Liberty for a variety of reasons.

3. Default Re: SBC Media Deal

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Ouch
    ,……….this McN post just got me wondering if the state schools pull for LSU and maybe not for UL…I think I know the answer….your opinions please!

Default Re: SBC Media Deal

Ouch
    Sorry Reverend. It is what it is.

5. Default Re: SBC Media Deal

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ,……….this McN post just got me wondering if the state schools pull for LSU and maybe not for UL…I think I know the answer….your opinions please!
    UL has the only (albeit modest) singular fanbase in the state of Louisiana. Every other school kneels at the altar of the purple & puke.

6. Default Re: SBC Media Deal

If Louisiana wasn't in the SBC, do you think a home-and-home with Texas State could be lined up?

Liberty had to pay Texas State 1$ million dollars to get them to play them.

No body wanted to play Liberty for a variety of reasons.
    It wasn't necessary. Texas St knew they had the leverage and Liberty knew they had the loot. That's not the same situation at all.

Think of it this way. If UL dropped out, Ruston would be added to the SBC in a second to fill the void. You want to switch spots with Ruston right now?

Cusa is basically a league of independents right now. Scraps that no one wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunologist View Post
    Think of it this way. If UL dropped out, Ruston would be added to the SBC in a second to fill the void. You want to switch spots with Ruston right now?

Speaking of C-DOA, those boys need a shrink. Notice the title of the thread.

https://www.csnbbs.com/thread-951314.html

9. Default Re: SBC Media Deal

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunologist View Post

All those schools are operating from a position of dire straights not a position of strength.

10. Default Re: SBC Media Deal

It is extremely humorous the think that because BYU found the Big-12 attractive, Louisiana should find the Sun Belt attractive.

BYU would have never gone back to the WAC or Mountain West, because Indi was best.

Indi was the best move to get to the Big-12.

It is extremely humorous the think that because BYU found the Big-12 attractive, Louisiana should find the Sun Belt attractive.

BYU would have never gone back to the WAC or Mountain West, because Indi was best.

Indi was the best move to get to the Big-12.
    Private school money…non starter in comparison.

12. Default Re: SBC Media Deal

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Private school money…non starter in comparison.
    Louisiana could generate 4 times the money as an independent.

A much more attractive schedule home (Quality not quantity) and away.

Full start in comparison.

Louisiana could generate 4 times the money as an independent.

A much more attractive schedule home (Quality not quantity) and away.

Full start in comparison.
    You dream general…. UL doesn’t have the fan support and money to make being independent attractive… the only G5 schools that can sustain success as an Indy would be Navy, Army, Air Force, SMU, and UCF

14. Default Re: SBC Media Deal

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Turbine, I've always been intrigued by what being a major Independent could do for our brand, status and revenue. Would you come up with a makeshift schedule for UL as an Indy with a mix of say 6 P5 schools, 5 G5 schools and 1 FCS school and what kind of revenue we could generate from that? With a 41,000+ stadium, we should be able to attract 2 P5 schools, 3 G5 schools and 1 FCS school for 6 home games.
    A fantastic schedule would be easy as an independent, but I wanted to explore creating a great schedule as a member of SBC.

It would take a couple of decades to fully get all the ducks in a row, but it would be more than worth it.

As long as UL was in the SBC it would also require five home games and seven road games. In the end P5 caliber teams would be coming to Louisiana every third year.

As an Independent, what championships would all of our teams and athletes be playing for?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information