Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13

Thread: SBC Media Deal

Default Re: SBC Media Deal

Quote Originally Posted by Atown cajun View Post
    1 million per school with a 50% increase in linear coverage.
    It's 2 mill per school or 28 mill per year for the leauge

2. Default Re: SBC Media Deal

Moreover, just this week, the Sun Belt announced an enhanced media deal with ESPN which includes a 50% increase in linear (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ABC) football exposure and a whopping 6,000 live events through 2030-31. According to The Athletic, the deal keeps the payout to each school at approximately $1 million annually although there are now 14 members instead of 10.

Moreover, just this week, the Sun Belt announced an enhanced media deal with ESPN which includes a 50% increase in linear (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ABC) football exposure and a whopping 6,000 live events through 2030-31. According to The Athletic, the deal keeps the payout to each school at approximately $1 million annually although there are now 14 members instead of 10.
    But also there are additional financial resources added that will bring it to around 2 mil per school from what another news article said which I can’t find at the moment.

1.2 for 2022 than goes up In 2023

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    I would not be surprised to see 4 or 5 guys get touches early on before he settles on a 3 man rotation….kibodi will be the number 2 followed by Williams is my hunch, but I am also excited about Washington and Orphey to get opportunities… this team is loaded with talent we will see if they have been coached up right to keep this train going.
    I asked Chris who the most likely guys were to help shoulder the burden. Orphey was the first name he mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I asked Chris who the most likely guys were to help shoulder the burden. Orphey was the first name he mentioned.
    I hope it happensalways fun to see walk ons kick arse

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Every time Orphey has got real game time opportunities he has made the most of them that is for sure… I hope he is that diamond in the coal mine.

ULM should get nothing. They bring zero to the table.

9. Default Re: SBC Media Deal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Prior to Fenroy, and excluding BMitch, Marcus Prier was the best RB we ever had. He had 979 yards in 1995. 11 games.
    …….Sometimes a better measurement might be yards PER carry…some guys didn’t have the touches, but had they, then their stats might be at the above guys mentioned……also the yards receiving to go with the rushing yards could be justified in comps!

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    ULM should get nothing. They bring zero to the table.
    Every conference needs a Rutgers

I looked it up recently I think they have had 1 team sport with a winning record in the last 7 years thats almost impossible to do

11. Default Re: SBC Media Deal

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Sounds and is good, but to put in perspective, B10 expecting $100M per school. Different ballgame all together.
    Well they didn't get $100 million for each school (there are 14 schools) but the Big-10 conference is getting a cool $BILLION annually in a montage deal.

Basically the Big-10 went the independant route to get there.

The Big 10 deal makes the $2 million from the SBC look like severance pay.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Every conference needs a Rutgers

I looked it up recently I think they have had 1 team sport with a winning record in the last 7 years thats almost impossible to do
    Are you counting the 27-26 regular season softball team this season…which finished 27-27 after their tournament loss?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13

Thread Information