Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A Feel Good Story for a Change

This is so COOL A Feel Good Story for a Change

I have a cousin that I grew up with who now lives in Florida and has been there for the past 30 years. He has a huge, impressive collection of sports memorabilia. Being a very casual at best UL fan he has very little Cajun sports memorabilia. One of the few items he has is a game jersey worn by former UL wide receiver Cory Scott which he obtained about 20 years ago. Recently Cory Scott, now Dr. Cory Scott, coincidentally opened a physical therapist practice in the small Florida city that my cousin resides in. Upon learning this my cousin set up an appointment with Dr. Scott and at their meeting surprised him by giving him the jersey. A very surprised, happy, teary eyed Cory Scott could not believe my cousin's kind gesture. He told my cousin how this brought back so many fond memories and how much having that jersey meant to him and his family. Just thought I would share this feel good story that involved a former Cajun athlete who is a success off the field after graduating from our esteemed university.

2. Default Re: A Feel Good Story for a Change

Now that is cool.

No way you can plan for that.

Default Re: A Feel Good Story for a Change

Neat story, thanks for sharing.

Not to steal the OP's thunder, but with memorabilia being the topic, any posters here have a sports collection?

4. Default Re: A Feel Good Story for a Change

I have a dozen or so media guides for various sports

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post

Not to steal the OP's thunder, but with memorabilia being the topic, any posters here have a sports collection?
    OhOh!!!! Here we go!!!!

LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    OhOh!!!! Here we go!!!!

LOL!!!
    Figured I could dust off the account for this topic….

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I have a dozen or so media guides for various sports
    ��

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    I have a cousin that I grew up with who now lives in Florida and has been there for the past 30 years. He has a huge, impressive collection of sports memorabilia. Being a very casual at best UL fan he has very little Cajun sports memorabilia. One of the few items he has is a game jersey worn by former UL wide receiver Cory Scott which he obtained about 20 years ago. Recently Cory Scott, now Dr. Cory Scott, coincidentally opened a physical therapist practice in the small Florida city that my cousin resides in. Upon learning this my cousin set up an appointment with Dr. Scott and at their meeting surprised him by giving him the jersey. A very surprised, happy, teary eyed Cory Scott could not believe my cousin's kind gesture. He told my cousin how this brought back so many fond memories and how much having that jersey meant to him and his family. Just thought I would share this feel good story that involved a former Cajun athlete who is a success off the field after graduating from our esteemed university.
    That is a really nice story!!

Thank you for sharing; the odds of that happening are staggering.

9. Default Re: A Feel Good Story for a Change

….Former Ragin Cajun footballer has a “Cajun Room”……talk about some oldie but goodie walk through…….btw, he also has some terrific cook nights!…Jimmy Poche former Erathian!

Legit cool story. Your cousin is a good dude.

Yes, I have a decent collection.

I have my vermilion 1973 game worn jersey in a shadow box in my office. I also have a fair collection of game day football programs from 1974 and 1975. Boomer is right. If you want to see a vast U(S)L sports collection from the 1950's, 1960's and 1970's our mutual friend has a virtual museum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    I have my vermilion 1973 game worn jersey in a shadow box in my office. I also have a fair collection of game day football programs from 1974 and 1975. Boomer is right. If you want to see a vast U(S)L sports collection from the 1950's, 1960's and 1970's our mutual friend has a virtual museum.
    Jimmy? I know I’ve given him a lot of my old stuff. That man cave of his is loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Legit cool story. Your cousin is a good dude.
    Very cool story

C Scott is a good dude as well. Glad to hear he's doing well

Beau you have been to Jimmy's house. It is like a time capsule.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information